10+ Year Old Account

Server Maintenance: August 6th, 12AM PDT

An unusual occurence in the GW2 world - downtime for maintenance!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...UTC-09-01-CEST

We will be conducting maintenance on the game on Tuesday, August 6th, starting at 12:01 AM PDT (07:01 UTC / 09:01 CEST). This maintenance period will last up to 6 hours.

The following systems will be down and will not be available for the duration of the maintenance:

• Guild Wars 2 : players will be logged out of the game starting at 12:01 AM PDT (07:01 UTC / 09:01 CEST) and during the maintenance, players will not be able to login to play.
    • The Gem Store, Currency Exchange, and Trading Post
    • Buy.GuildWars2.com
    • Register.GuildWars2.com
    • The Guild Wars 2 Forums will be closed to logins

We appreciate your patience and understanding and hope that you find something fun to do while we conduct this maintenance. : -)
    Valar morghulis

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Find it pretty amazing the amount of complaints people have when this seems to be one of the first maintenance downtimes worth mentioning. Oh you have to sleep for 6 hours once a year or so when we don't charge for the game? Try a weeks worth of maint during the same year while another company charges you and gives no extra days for the downtime. Not saying you're complaining but it's kinda funny watching people freak out when it could be much worse especially when the game is b2p and throws content at us at the rate it does.

If they had chosen to do this on, say, a Friday night, I would've questioned Anet's judgement a little. But yeah, people getting all up in arms about a six hour maintenance on a Monday night is just silly. Go read a book or something, we've had uninterrupted service like 90% of the time.
    Last edited by skaia; 2013-08-06 at 07:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's in the middle of my usual sleep hours. And.... I couldn't sleep.

>.<

Deleted
    I'm waiting for all of it to come back online... ^^ Have been playing in the late hours on purpose because I knew it would be offline all morning anyway. It should be back online in like 15 minutes if it's exactly 6 hours of maintenance. (Which I don't expect xD)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    I'm waiting for all of it to come back online... ^^ Have been playing in the late hours on purpose because I knew it would be offline all morning anyway. It should be back online in like 15 minutes if it's exactly 6 hours of maintenance. (Which I don't expect xD)
    Actually I think we still have 2+ hours. 12:01 AM PDT for 6 hours. It's now almost 4AM PDT.

Deleted
    Ew they did start at 9 instead of 7 xD (EU). Well that blows. In that case I'll do something else :') Too bad it's around day for us (01 PM here).

Edit; Actually I'm confused. If it lasts only 3 hours it should've been online an hour ago. I assumed 6 hours since everyone was screaming that, but this counts only for Gandara. Anet, wtf are you doing.
    Last edited by mmocd7e9667945; 2013-08-06 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    Anet said up to 6 hours and you can check updates here

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

Deleted
    Nope. Because I'm in =) Which means it was only 4:30 hours in total for my server.

Deleted
    Up to 6 hours not "6 hours"

We will be conducting maintenance on the game on Tuesday, August 6th, starting at 12:01 AM PDT (07:01 UTC / 09:01 CEST). This maintenance period will last up to 6 hours.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...UTC-09-01-CEST

Anyways, good to know I can play after work wiii

Deleted
    It doesn't matter if it says 'up to' now because they said to 3 hours at first. You can't expect from me to know what they say now when they change overnight. That's just mean :'(

Deleted
    Hmm thats wierd, I have only seen the 6 hour post that they posted yesterday (the one i linked). Never heard anything about 3 hours D: But well dont matter now since the servers are up again \o/

And no meanys here! /Gives cookies