[Balance] Question.

So I've recently picked up on boomy and have been wondering a few things, when incarnation comes off cd (so the 2nd time) is it best to wait until you're in lunar phase to use it? Also does the statement to not use 2 SS during solar eclipse still stand because at high crit levels (or multi dotting) I'd expect you to lose quite a few number of SS procs.

From sticky - A note regarding Starsurge: You will always want to cast Starsurge on cooldown and whenever it procs, except in Solar Eclipse, where you'll only want to cast one Starsurge until 5 Solar energy, where you may cast a second Starsurge. Casting a second one during the solar phase (pre 5-energy) will cause you to pre-maturely reach 0 energy. The below rotation does not list Starsurge, use the above strategy to know when to fill it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevybevy View Post
    So I've recently picked up on boomy and have been wondering a few things, when incarnation comes off cd (so the 2nd time) is it best to wait until you're in lunar phase to use it? Also does the statement to not use 2 SS during solar eclipse still stand because at high crit levels (or multi dotting) I'd expect you to lose quite a few number of SS procs.

From sticky - A note regarding Starsurge: You will always want to cast Starsurge on cooldown and whenever it procs, except in Solar Eclipse, where you'll only want to cast one Starsurge until 5 Solar energy, where you may cast a second Starsurge. Casting a second one during the solar phase (pre 5-energy) will cause you to pre-maturely reach 0 energy. The below rotation does not list Starsurge, use the above strategy to know when to fill it in.
    Regarding Incarnation, it will depend on the fight, what's going on, and how long it will be. As an example, Garalon in Heart of Fear was a 7 minute enrage encounter. This meant that you would pop CDs right at the start, as soon as they came up again (either in Solar or in Lunar, whichever came first), and then again near the end -- if your guild would use approx. 7 minutes. If you were killing it within 6 minutes or so, it would probably be better to wait for Lunar to use your second set of cooldowns (and at that point, you could wait another minute or two if you wanted to save it for the last phase).

Doing it the Lunar way will probably net you more DPS mid-fight. The reason the Solar opener is used is because you'll have a lot of RPPM procs at the start of the fight. Obviously things such as incoming heavy movement or adds will alter the decision on when to use your cooldowns, as well as downtime (Megaera for the last two examples). Finally, with a good amount of crit/haste, you should be able to push the cooldowns in Lunar eclipse all the way to Solar before popping CA, as it will allow you to go straight back into Lunar.

Regarding the SS procs in Solar, you can mostly ignore that bit in the sticky. With higher gear levels, you will, on average, get so many SS procs that it really doesn't matter - you should just use the procs as they come up. And for multi-dotting, the priority goes like this: Eclipsed DoT > SS > uneclipsed DoT > filler, so you defo shouldn't worry about the Solar energy there.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

difficult to comment without an armory b/c everything changes a lot based on gear, especially Incarnation: Chosen of Elune usage and the starsurge useage you read is more for lower gear levels maybe MSVish progress iirc and tbh if you are new to the spec there's other things you should focus more on before that (getting off max number of starfalls for example or proper dot refreshes).

Armory link would be very useful, however As your learning the spec using SS on CD/Proc is the simplest way to get yourself into a good rhythm to properly refresh your dots. If you lose 1 solar cast, it won't make or break you, and as mentioned at higher gear lvls it matters even less.

What Zareth described for your mid fight use of CD's is ideal, however again as your learning the spec, the simplest thing is to 1) wait until u enter a solar eclipse and pop CA+INC or 2) wait until you enter lunar and pop INC >>> 0lunar pop CA.

Ideally you would be able to pop INC when lunar 100% go all the way to solar 100% then pop CA, however that is very gear dependent.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bevii/advanced.

Also what is the solar opener? Do you just start 1 cast away from solar and then pop incarn/CA and spam starfire with rppm items?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevybevy View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bevii/advanced.

Also what is the solar opener? Do you just start 1 cast away from solar and then pop incarn/CA and spam starfire with rppm items?
    Start IN solar, pop starfall, CA, and go to town. When you use CA, it starts your NG buff, so it doesn't matter if you're in an eclipse to begin with.

And FoN is going to average out better dps over almost every fight in ToT.

Gear looks good for the item level, but why have you only upgraded two items? I've also noticed you don't have the extra socket in your weapon, LMG (Legendary Meta Gem) or the legendary cloak, I'm assuming that's because it's an alt? I'd probably switch out the leg enchant with the crit one (though it doesn't matter much where you're at for the moment), and you might want to consider getting the mas + movement speed boot enchant instead of the haste one. And if you can be bothered, you should also get professions (see the Moonkin Guide for pros and cons and DPS benefits).

You do, however, have the worst trinket combo - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20993459 - so you should try and replace them ASAP.

And like Blizzyb said, the solar opener can be done at any time the arrow is going towards Lunar eclipse, regardless of where you are in Solar/towards Lunar.

As for using FoN, it'll depend - it requires more smart play and paying attention to buffs, and I'm not quite sure just how good they are without the LMG buff - and the trinkets you've got. It's up to you which fights you want to use FoN on, the ones who really strike me as good fights for them are Megaera, Durumu, Iron Qon, Twin Consorts and Lei Shen (on normal mode). More of a personal preference on Jin'rokh, Horridon and Primordius, I'd say - though I'd refrain from using them on Council, Tortos, Ji-kun (they despawn if you fly up) and Dark Animus. Mostly from a normal mode perspective, since your character has only one heroic kill.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    Gear looks good for the item level, but why have you only upgraded two items? I've also noticed you don't have the extra socket in your weapon, LMG (Legendary Meta Gem) or the legendary cloak, I'm assuming that's because it's an alt? I'd probably switch out the leg enchant with the crit one (though it doesn't matter much where you're at for the moment), and you might want to consider getting the mas + movement speed boot enchant instead of the haste one. And if you can be bothered, you should also get professions (see the Moonkin Guide for pros and cons and DPS benefits).
    Yeah my druid is still on test for valor. I basically just started playing my druid 2 weeks ago because our alt run needed some people so I haven't actually done much with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    You do, however, have the worst trinket combo - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20993459 - so you should try and replace them ASAP.
    Again, recently picked up my boomy so I just took what I could get.

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.