Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wanted to say it would be great to see this guide to be moved to guides section of forums, so it wouldn't get lost with time. But just noticed there is no guides section anymore. Maybe we could have sticky with links to various guides like this one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I am immensely conflicted between my desire to have an adventure of discovery and coming across all of these secrets and special things on my own, and my desire to get goodies, achievements and such in a timely manner versus other farmers on a relativly busy server. I can't have it both ways. D:
    My two cents as someone who helped Simca gather data:

If I hadn't be assisting with data collection, I would have not used the guide - at least not initially. The island is really cool and the chests are fun to find and seek out; exploration is a huge part of the magic and mystery of the island.

Personally I recommend that, unless you're on a mission to catch up an alt quickly with 496 gear, that you use the guide to fill in chests you've missed once you've had a chance to explore for awhile.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-08-06 at 09:20 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The 21,11 34,46 is missing (it's a moss-covered chest) is missing (you have it showing on the screenshot but you didn't add a /way to it)

btw thx these coords were awesome

Awsome post as always Simca this will help me so much in gearing up my alt once i get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Awsome post as always Simca this will help me so much in gearing up my alt once i get to it.
    Advice for everyone: Bookmark it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcaptn View Post
    The 21,11 34,46 is missing (it's a moss-covered chest) is missing (you have it showing on the screenshot but you didn't add a /way to it)

btw thx these coords were awesome
    Tyvm for the heads-up. For some reason I had the coordinate for that chest marked as 28,39 which is totally wrong.

Fixed that and also fixed the T3 chests/Blazing chest coordinates.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I tried getting the blazing chest but it teleported me back to the alliance camp even though I was entering from the west (flying+slowfall) and dying in the cave sent me to the camp GY not up top either.

OK I have a different question What basic gear level would you say is needed to explore & survive the timeless isle? I have MANY alts & a lot of them are 90 but what about my few that will be fresh 90's when the patch hits? I'm not asking for them to be running around killing elites & rares solo, just able to explore the place w\out getting spanked. Thanks for info.

Quote Originally Posted by albar45 View Post
    OK I have a different question What basic gear level would you say is needed to explore & survive the timeless isle? I have MANY alts & a lot of them are 90 but what about my few that will be fresh 90's when the patch hits? I'm not asking for them to be running around killing elites & rares solo, just able to explore the place w\out getting spanked. Thanks for info.
    You can get them tons of 496 gear just by running around the island opening the chests on your main(s). When the patch first hits it should be very easy for a fresh 90's to run around and loot them while everyone is farming but if you're on low pop then you will have to group or use tricks to loot and run on the harder ones. I'm not sure if they changed it or if nobody noticed/explained it before/I didn't notice them explain it, but afaict all of the chests seem to be phased for each person, I looted the gleaming chest and then someone came and did the loot animation but I never saw the chest respawn before they looted it.

A lot of the harder mobs have abilities that will hit for 400-500k and will wreck even highly geared players, you just have to avoid or interrupt it. Running is not always an option, some of them charge and will catch up even if you're mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by phuzi0n View Post
    You can get them tons of 496 gear just by running around the island opening the chests on your main(s). When the patch first hits it should be very easy for a fresh 90's to run around and loot them while everyone is farming but if you're on low pop then you will have to group or use tricks to loot and run on the harder ones. I'm not sure if they changed it or if nobody noticed/explained it before/I didn't notice them explain it, but afaict all of the chests seem to be phased for each person, I looted the gleaming chest and then someone came and did the loot animation but I never saw the chest respawn before they looted it.

A lot of the harder mobs have abilities that will hit for 400-500k and will wreck even highly geared players, you just have to avoid or interrupt it. Running is not always an option, some of them charge and will catch up even if you're mounted.
    TY for the response! yeah taking the fresh 90's there worried me cause for example on my main server interest in thunder king isle died relatively quickly. Try going out there now & getting a group for champions of the thunder king or heaven forbid setting the trap(not gonna happen). I saw that they're removing the gear level req from running heroic scenarios but nothing on if they're nerfing the difficulty of them. I just don't see my alt that hits 90 & doesn't have high enuff GS to get into MV being able to survive a heroic scenario if it stays same current difficulty level.

Great guide. B)

Any chance you could do a version for HandyNotes addon? I find that a bit easier to use than TomTom.

I think the daily chests aren't daily anymore, the ones I looted over 24 hours ago haven't respawned.

Quote Originally Posted by phuzi0n View Post
    I tried getting the blazing chest but it teleported me back to the alliance camp even though I was entering from the west (flying+slowfall) and dying in the cave sent me to the camp GY not up top either.
    I'm not sure what's going on but today I was able to fly in and loot the blazing chest without being ported.
    Last edited by phuzi0n; 2013-08-15 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the moss-covered chests were personal..They're 1 time only but you need to fight for it D:?

Ugh that sucks

EDIT: Just tested -- I had someone else open a moss-covered chest, it de-spawned and IMMEDIATELY respawned for me. So I think it's individual for everyone.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-08-18 at 04:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I thought the moss-covered chests were personal..They're 1 time only but you need to fight for it D:?

Ugh that sucks

EDIT: Just tested -- I had someone else open a moss-covered chest, it de-spawned and IMMEDIATELY respawned for me. So I think it's individual for everyone.
    Respawn rates seem to have been tweaked... and by tweaked I mean all of the respawn rates are literally 1-5 seconds.

It seems Blizzard didn't want camping on these and for it to just be more about finding them. Props to them, I'll update the guide.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    In case your wondering why WoW became easy and not immersive: Guides like these.
    Blizzard creates a fun new island with lots of stuff to do and find, and the entire freefarm macro is allrdy on the web including timers, locations etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Respawn rates seem to have been tweaked... and by tweaked I mean all of the respawn rates are literally 1-5 seconds.

It seems Blizzard didn't want camping on these and for it to just be more about finding them. Props to them, I'll update the guide.
    Yay ty. I have my path planned...I am not telling my guildies til I get my cloak...tehehehehehe....lol..

Deleted
    Thanks for the guide!

This new isle doesn't seem worth it for main characters. Unless you're in it for the achievements and what not. Still, it should eat up a little bit of time when you aren't raiding SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    This new isle doesn't seem worth it for main characters. Unless you're in it for the achievements and what not. Still, it should eat up a little bit of time when you aren't raiding SoO.
    "Worth it" is pretty subjective. A lot of people still like exploring and doing activities for the experience of exploring and doing activities.

Yes, as far as concrete goals, there aren't many. All of the rewards outside of the lower ilvl gear are vanity/fun rewards and the achievements are mostly exploration related and don't generate any real rewards. There's minimal dailies. Mostly the only reason to go to the island is to do stuff, and it is an unfortunately truth that most players are goal oriented to the point that they sometimes forget that some things are worth doing just for the experience of doing them.

Personally I think the island is cool and it was a lot of fun to explore and discover the little events and treasures and rares and fun items, and I think it's worth doing it for that alone, even if I didn't come out of it with any gear upgrades or anything like that.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing guide, thank you!

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"