Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, the isle seems nice but I really dont have interest in it... Finding chests is not my definition of fun. Anyway, I will surely give it a try. Often, the real experience changes the perception of things. Thanks to the op for the impressive data submitted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Finding chests is not my definition of fun.
    You wouldn't make a good pirate Baine, Treasure Hunting is for pirates!
    Hi

Thanks so much for this guide! I believe the chests that you've marked as "D"-daily are actually Weekly and that they normally appear on your mini-map. I'm pretty sure I was able to loot them last Tuesday but not since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    are the chests always there until you open it? or are they a rare spawn you have to share with your whole server?
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    are the chests always there until you open it? or are they a rare spawn you have to share with your whole server?
    They are always there.

Quote Originally Posted by wingram View Post
    Thanks so much for this guide! I believe the chests that you've marked as "D"-daily are actually Weekly and that they normally appear on your mini-map. I'm pretty sure I was able to loot them last Tuesday but not since then.
    Yeah I already reported that but OP never updated it. They used to be daily but for the past 3 weeks (at least) they have been weekly.

Simca,
    Thank you very much for detailed guide.
    So, I guess I found all chests, got "Treasure, Treasure Everywhere", so since now I'll never find any chests again except daily and weekly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkin View Post
    Simca,
    So, I guess I found all chests, got "Treasure, Treasure Everywhere", so since now I'll never find any chests again except daily and weekly?
    Correct, at least for that character.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Burkin View Post
    Simca,
    Yeah, it is exactly like the rare item spawns in 5.0 They have to do it ´per character´ or else it would just be too easy to park alts at chest spawn points.. log in for 2 minutes, loot chest, log out´..

Anyone know if it's safe to assume that these chests are only loot-able by one person and then disappear like the ones on the Isle of Thunder? I'm thinking about how chest hunting will work when in a group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellagreymane View Post
    Anyone know if it's safe to assume that these chests are only loot-able by one person and then disappear like the ones on the Isle of Thunder? I'm thinking about how chest hunting will work when in a group.
    Chest hunting in a group should work fine - they basically never despawn, so multiple people can loot them in a row. They will appear to 'vanish' when you loot them, but they're really just phasing out from your view.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

i imagine that the isle will be extremely packed today and i noticed in an earlier post that the op mentioned that the respawn timer for daily and weekly chests is very fast, but what about the respawn timer for all other tiers? i feel like there will be a group of 20+ people huddling around each and every chest spawn area clicking the as soon as one respawns and moving to the next one.

I'm not sure how to get to the Blazing Chest, can anyone provide some screenshots to guide me through the correct path?

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone figured out how to get the chest that is in the cave-in? Can't seem to find the hammer the note speaks of.

Deleted
    Good job with the extensive guide - must've been a lot of work.

Personally, though, I never understand why people use guides for games. Surely, half the entertainment is exploring and facing the challenges of the game yourself - not just following someone's instructions so that you can rinse and repeat.

I guess the gear is good for alts as they're bind on account, but for a main? Other than doing the legendary bosses to continue on in the quest line (one time thing), doing a weekly boss for a chance at current tier gear and possibly pet battles (assuming you do that stuff), there isn't much of anything here.

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    I guess the gear is good for alts as they're bind on account, but for a main? Other than doing the legendary bosses to continue on in the quest line (one time thing), doing a weekly boss for a chance at current tier gear and possibly pet battles (assuming you do that stuff), there isn't much of anything here.
    Well what do you expect?

Do you want gear upgrades when that is what the raid is for?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Good job with the extensive guide - must've been a lot of work.

Personally, though, I never understand why people use guides for games. Surely, half the entertainment is exploring and facing the challenges of the game yourself - not just following someone's instructions so that you can rinse and repeat.
    Different people have different definitions of fun. I've never played games for their challenges, as I don't find the challenge fun.

Question

Simca,

fantastic guide, thank you.

One specific question though - you say accessing Blazing Chest (7) is possible without Legendary Cloak, while CM Zarhym doesn't seem to think so - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3641?page=3#48

I haven't tried doing it myself yet, so thought I'll post a question here in case you are checking.

Is the weekly locked chest in the sunken ship only doable on one character per account or am I having terrible RNG? Key doesn't seem to be dropping on my off-server alt....