Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Weekly quests reset at 3 am PST Tuesday for everyone.

The reason you and your friend can do weeklies again is because it is no longer the same reset.
    I'm in EU, weeklies reset on Wednesdays.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I'm in EU, weeklies reset on Wednesdays.
    Apparently not, if you were able to complete those quests a second time on Tuesday.

Maybe an undocumented (and/or unintended) Patch 5.4 change to move EU weekly reset to Tuesday. I imagine raid reset is still Wednesday.

Could just be an odd one-time bug.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Ordon Sanctuary - Access with "Slow Fall"

As a Frost Mage, I was able to use "Slow Fall" spell and a "Cancel/Slow Fall" macro to get into the Ordon Sanctuary.

This worked for me:

Set up “Slow Fall” cancel macro (/cancelaura slow fall).
    Run NE from the middle of “The Blazing Way” trail (between 1st & 2nd bridges) and off cliff (below big knob) into the water.
    Mount flyer. Swim NE to ~ 81.00, 23.62.
    Move to where you’re clear of “Fatigue”.
    Face Ordon Lake (~W). —slightly N. of the notch in the ridge above—
    Back up to where “Fatigue” bar appears.
    Keep backing until “Timelost Waters” logo appears.
    Levitate straight up on flyer. —On the way up: Adjust your flight angle to line up with center of (red) "Ordon Lake"—
    When “Fatigue” bar gets down to the lettering → Fatigue (1) Hit “Auto Run” (2) Immediately cast “Slow Fall”.
    Hit "Cancel/Slow Fall" when just over Ordon Lake for a soft water landing.

Then, as previously described:
    Get the chest at the Lake.
    Then mount up and race around the S. wall (past first entrance) to find the W. entrance.
    There will likely others engaging the preliminary mobs inside (if not, some will probably soon arrive).
    When the preliminary mobs are busy you can shoot right in between the "Guardians" to take the "Blazing Chest".
    —"Guardians" won't aggro if you're right between them—
    Last edited by markthecarp; 2013-09-19 at 05:38 PM. Reason: typo <(/calcelaura slow fall)>

10 stars for the guide!

10+ Year Old Account
    Simca, thanks for the guide. I just used it last night and was able to loot almost every chest using TomTom / Paste. There were a few that weren't spawned, but I guess that's the nature of it. I think I was able to grab 75% of all the chest in one go because I'm on such a low population realm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markthecarp View Post
    As a Frost Mage, I was able to use "Slow Fall" spell and a "Cancel/Slow Fall" macro to get into the Ordon Sanctuary.

This worked for me:

Run NE from the middle of “The Blazing Way” trail (between 1st & 2nd bridges) and off cliff (below big knob) into the water.
    Levitate straight up on flyer. —On the way up: Adjust your flight angle to line up with center of (red) "Ordon Lake"—
    When “Fatigue” bar gets down to the lettering → Fatigue (1) Hit “Auto Run” (2) Immediately cast “Slow Fall”.

Then mount up and race around the S. wall (past first entrance) to find the W. entrance.
    There will likely others engaging the preliminary mobs inside (if not, some will probably soon arrive).
    When the preliminary mobs are busy you can shoot right in between the "Guardians" to take the "Blazing Chest".
    The best way to get into the sanctuary is to find someone with the legendary and have them jump you over with a multiperson mount.

Handynotes has a plugin for all the chests on Timeless Isle. I used it to pick up my last couple of mossy chests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Not sure if this is mentioned in the thread, but in stealth you can get into the Ordon Sanctuary and stand dead center behind that "7" chest and loot it without agrro'ing the elementals standing on either side. You have to time the pat mob though. I got in and out without a problem.

Getting to the Ordon Sanctuary. Use the Weekly chest access at the bend in the road that launches you into the air and gives you wings. Just point yourself toward the far side of the broken bridge and start walking. Viola. You're there. You have to ride back and launch again to loot the chests the launcher was meant for, but you get onto the Sanctuary.
    Last edited by Ranganathan; 2013-09-20 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    When do these chests respawn? Mine didn't reset on Tuesday and I'm pretty sure I ran for them over a week ago. Are they one time spawns?

here is a route to add to your routes add-on. it does skip the chest by the blazing way so you will have to get that yourself. just paste this in to your routes.lus file in world of warcraft/wtf/account/account name/saved variables
    ["TimelessIsle"] = {
    ["chests"] = {
    ["length"] = 4215.609411997888,
    ["route"] = {
    25752741, -- [1]
    29743209, -- [2]
    30883644, -- [3]
    36733401, -- [4]
    46814691, -- [5]
    51234594, -- [6]
    54074727, -- [7]
    55674460, -- [8]
    59314949, -- [9]
    58205094, -- [10]
    47125393, -- [11]
    44276531, -- [12]
    49806945, -- [13]
    49886588, -- [14]
    52986271, -- [15]
    53037100, -- [16]
    60436618, -- [17]
    65654772, -- [18]
    63865930, -- [19]
    64737012, -- [20]
    65137571, -- [21]
    70578114, -- [22]
    61628869, -- [23]
    53907806, -- [24]
    43688441, -- [25]
    39837951, -- [26]
    38827168, -- [27]
    35557648, -- [28]
    34928437, -- [29]
    31097627, -- [30]
    26736872, -- [31]
    22316822, -- [32]
    26656508, -- [33]
    26006150, -- [34]
    22675884, -- [35]
    24975329, -- [36]
    22184913, -- [37]
    25764590, -- [38]
    27403916, -- [39]
    24873875, -- [40]
    22543556, -- [41]
    28263135, -- [42]
    },
    },
    },

might you consider adding "timeless isle" inbetween "/way" and the cordinates?
    great guide btw XD

http://pastebin.com/f0MrM9zQ

there you have every chest, i found them in a comment on wowhead, i dont remember exactly where so i cant give credit, sorry, i added the weekly ones myself
    Download the addons Tomtom and Paste
    go ingame, type /paste show and paste the text from the pastebin in, then hit Paste, and every chest you have not looted will show up, you can repeat this process everytime you are on a new char.
    make sure you are on the Island when you use Paste.
    this will work even if you clear cache or addons, its basicly a quest tracker

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else have an issue with the Achievement part for the chest numbered 5?
    It shows that I opened 3 yet all 4 have been opened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markthecarp View Post

This worked for me:

I do the same thing but if you cast Blink you stop moving forward and start going straight down.
    Very rarely do you need to cast it twice sometimes it still has a slight forward motion.
    Using this method you can forget the need for birds for all the cliff chests.

Thanks for the great guide!

Hey Simca,

Very nice! This will make things so much easier for my alts.

One small detail I noticed. You are missing the moss-covered chest at 22.4, 35.4 in the first tom-tom macro (tier 1, group 1). You do have it on your map (it's the one in the water just north of Horde camp) and in the large "Paste" code section though.

Thanks for an excellent guide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marze View Post
    Hey Simca,

Very nice! This will make things so much easier for my alts.

One small detail I noticed. You are missing the moss-covered chest at 22.4, 35.4 in the first tom-tom macro (tier 1, group 1). You do have it on your map (it's the one in the water just north of Horde camp) and in the large "Paste" code section though.

Thanks for an excellent guide.
    Fixed!

You're totally welcome
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Anyone else find that you're getting less loot and coins from the weekly chests as time goes on?

Unfortunately I have to question how accurate this is because on more than one occasion I was able to loot chests in the monk village leave go do some kills, come back hours later and loot the same moss covered chests again, same day, hours later.

Thank you sooooo much for this guide, it's really awesome! I've just been running around randomly until I found this. Thank you!