Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah, unfortunately horde get all the decent PvE racials while all the PvPers out there whine about the human one... Personally I think we've come to a point in the game (with balance being such a big deal) where cosmetic racials would likely be a good idea.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    remove them from pvp and i think it'd be alright.

Deleted
    I'm sure even the most whiny players of this game would get over it very quickly.
    Definitely agree. Why not do it excusing the money issue?

It's a touchy subject. I remember one of the blues said if they had known racials would become such a pain, they wouldn't have added them in the first place. However, when they made the game they were going with the D&D notion of "races are different and should have abilities as such."

I'd like it if racials were more marginalized such that the bonuses didn't impact performance so much that being a specific race changed how you might play a class or do certain encounters (including PVP). Getting rid of them entirely would mean they lose some fun lore and flavor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    I remember one of the blues said if they had known racials would become such a pain
    I think this would have made a very positive impact on the game but I can see why they wanted to implement racials originally.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what else would level the playing field?

- Getting rid of leveling
    - Getting rid of weapons, armor and jewels
    - Getting rid of abilities

Everyone level 1, naked, bare-handed combat. On a flat platform. No items, Final Destination map, NOBODY PICKS METAKNIGHT!!!

Only skill will win!
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    The troll racial does seem to be very OP in terms of PvE Dps right now. Making everything cosmetic would provide an instant fix to everything though.

As I said though, Blizzard won't do it due to the money they make from it.
    Right now? It has always been OP. I race-changed my priest from BE to Troll whilst raiding Black Temple because it's always been op.

That being said, I don't see what is wrong with that either. Goblin and Orc have OP buffs too. Offer everyone a similar racial buff and you're fine. As it is, that hasn't made it so people avoid other races and go only with trolls. Or undead/human/gnome for PVP.

no. they are not gamebreaking by any means, why do we need to have everything homogenized? wotf wont make you good suddenly

15+ Year Old Account
    Racials shouldn't be removed, but instead apply only cosmetic differences.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eraclito View Post
    I think the real problems about racials are "Will of the Forsaken" and "Every Man for Himself". Remove'em and give other racials to forsaken/humans, problem solved. Racials are okay if they're balanced and not gamebreaking.
    Don't forget shadowmeld. Like literally 95% of the healers on my BG are nelf because it's better than having a 2nd trinket slot freed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    no. they are not gamebreaking by any means, why do we need to have everything homogenized? wotf wont make you good suddenly
    You've obviously not listened to the video. And to not think racials aren't gamebreaking, you're being extremely ignorant.

What does a gnome add to a healer in PvP? A root breaker on a 1.5 min CD. What does a nelf bring? passive mitigation and the oppertunity to completely negate 1 attack/CC. For a healer alone night elf is superior for them.

What does a tauren add to a paladin? A second stun that will most likely DR with your partner his stuns, or yours. What does blood elf bring? A 2 sec silence that will most likely not DR with your partner or your CC at all (same duration and same CD).

These are 2 examples for PvP alone.

What does a goblin add to PvE? A lousy rocket-ability and 1% passive haste. What does an orc add to PvE? Another burst CD, passive expertise when using axes/fist weapons and 5% increased pet damage.

What does blood elf add to PvE? 5% mana/15 energy/20 rage/20 runic power/20 focus. What does an undead bring to PvE? Passive damaging procs.

It's not about being a good player or not. It's about X race having an advantage over Y race.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-08-06 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'd rather have racials reworked into 'perks' or something like that. Orc, troll and to a lesser extent Blood Elf racials are just too powerful in a PvE environment and you may argue Every Man for Himself is too powerful in PvP situations (and has it's uses in PvE too). I don't mind the passives like increased skill in herbalism or xx more effective with maces and the likes, but I really think that something has to change in this regard.

For example, keep the profession/weapon/resistance based ones as is, but provide the option to choose one active ability and one passive ability. Let's say I wanted to have the ideal combo for a warlock, I could roll berserk (increased SP) as my active one, and the passive 2% increase in pet damage. Or if my hit was low, I could opt for the 1% hit increase from Draenei. Or perhaps I want some more health in PvP so I opt for a 5% increase in health.

Personally I'd rather have a system like that, expand the abilities you can get as you level up as well as add in abilities you can earn through certain quests. But that will never happen I guess.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I can't live one second without my arcane torrent.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real question is, should goblins be removed? The answer is yes.

OT: They need to revamp some racials, like Every man for himself, to many humans atm and humans are even the most boring standard game in any MMO =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I would say there should be racial benefits, but within reason, like small bonuses. Kind of like the expertise bonuses on certain weapons, being lore-centric as well. Then again, anything with a dps increase, no matter how insignificant, will be chosen over another thing.

So yeah, more cosmetic yet race centric things, like worgen and their 'running wild', or goblins and their jetpack boost, or even nelves and shadowmeld. Fun things that aren't exactly important for combat, but should be used in battle as a fun thing to do or even a very slight use, not because you have to. Things that aren't powerful and combat enhancing and imbalanced, like stoneform, every man for himself, will of the forsaken, passive damage boosts vs beasts or bows or guns, perhaps even blood elves arcane torrent silence, draenei self heal (%, unless it was modified),

I don't want to lose shadowmeld just because the devs can't balance will of the fucking forsaken even once in a decade. I don't want to lose elusiveness because berserking broke the world first race so hard that the two remaining top ally guilds went horde at the dawn of mop.

Just fix the broken shit. Don't delete my identity.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss weapon skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just leave the pandas alone. I don't care what happens to humans and zombies.

The moment Shadowmeld is removed from the game, I will cancel my subscription.

Racials is something that people need to learn to accept. Everyone has X & Y. That's all. You can't have everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    I miss weapon skills.
    Same, i remember back in wotlk i upped almost all weapon skills i could up, because i wanted to be pro in all xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Honestly I think making more racials like Bouncy, and the Goblin Banking one, all racials that don't directly effect PvE or PvP in a performance manner. So for example Worgen get a Mount that is fine, and Two forms is amazing, and the skinning speed that is fine but everything else would go away. Dwarves could keep stone form as a passive, maybe have it a cosmetic proc when you crit or parry/block? there's so many cool things they could to with them cosmetically. Voodoo shuffle, make it so when the Trolls dodge/parry they do a cool shuffling animation and phase out a bit. Will of the forsaken could be similar the the stone form but have their human essence over them like a spirit after they get feared or sleep or at low HP almost like it is leaving their body.