Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[5.4 PVE DPS] Evil Eye of Galakras, anyone noticing this trinket?

ilv 572 version:

Evil Eye of Galakras
    Heroic Warforged
    Item Level 572
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    Equip: Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 46%. Effective for Strength-based damage roles only.
    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant you 14037 Strength for 10 sec. [15% chance, ($proccooldown) sec cooldown] (ICD: 45 sec)

To dps warrior, it modifies recklessness, and 4th/6th talent (aoe and cooldown).

Basically, the highest ilv ones has a 46% cooldown decrease, and the math works as 1/1.46, which makes 30s CD to 20.5s.

Think about storm bolt, which is buffed by allowing fury warrior to attack with OH weapon too in 5.4. This trink allows storm bolt pairing with CS almost perfectly, resulting a huge dps boost.

btw it's dropped by the 5th boss out of the 14 bosses in 5.4 raid (and its a fixed boss drop), so I don't imagine the heroic version too hard to get.

Ya, these trinkets are going to be unbelievably OP.

I already tested this trinket a while back, and over the course of ~100 million damage, Storm Bolt was doing approximately 12-14% of my total damage, varying over multiple tests. I believe for any single-target fight, at least for a TG warrior, Storm Bolt is going to be the go-to talent, assuming you are using this trinket. SB aligning with every CS is immensely powerful. Coupled with the critical hit damage trinket, my SB was critting just under 2 million (both hits) during my opener, usually followed by a ~1,3 million execute.

Rest assured though, extensive math will be done on this subject. Personally, as soon as I have this trinket, I'll be using Storm Bolt for any single-target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    I already tested this trinket a while back, and over the course of ~100 million damage, Storm Bolt was doing approximately 12-14% of my total damage, varying over multiple tests. I believe for any single-target fight, at least for a TG warrior, Storm Bolt is going to be the go-to talent, assuming you are using this trinket. SB aligning with every CS is immensely powerful. Coupled with the critical hit damage trinket, my SB was critting just under 2 million (both hits) during my opener, usually followed by a ~1,3 million execute.

Rest assured though, extensive math will be done on this subject. Personally, as soon as I have this trinket, I'll be using Storm Bolt for any single-target fights.
    Thanks.

What level of trinket did you use to test? (want to know your SB's cooldown)

it doesnt lower the cd of banner and it kinda of messes up lining up with engineering gloves and things like that. Others have already said that this trinket will likely only be used on a fight where being able to bladestorm every 40seconds is possible then it might be worth using otherwise probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing to consider is that if you use SB during every CS you're going to lose at least 1 RB and 1 BT every other CS. It also means you can't use b.rage except for every other CS.

So basically you either get

1.) BT-CS-RB-SB-RB-BT

or

2.) BT-CS-RB-SB-RB-(brage)-RB

So although SB on the surface may seem to be more damage, you also have to consider the opportunity cost. In addition, you can't use the multistrike trinket which is currently the 2nd BiS trinket.

It may have its use, but I don't expect it to be BiS.

The trinkets were tested pretty extensively and there is another thread on them around here somewhere, or maybe in the 5.4 changes thread.
    This trinket looks nice, but as Dark posted above, you lose another GCD, and his post isn't counting possible execute weaving either. It really just clutters up your rotation.
    Also it dis aligns Skull Banner and the reduction of all those CD's makes lining up CD's with CSmash a little quirky, easy to work around, but any delay of your CD's effectively negates the usefulness of the trinket to begin with. It would be nice for Storm Bolt to be actually useful, but I doubt it will be on par with Bloodbath and other trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    The thing to consider is that if you use SB during every CS you're going to lose at least 1 RB and 1 BT every other CS. It also means you can't use b.rage except for every other CS.

So basically you either get

1.) BT-CS-RB-SB-RB-BT

or

2.) BT-CS-RB-SB-RB-(brage)-RB

So although SB on the surface may seem to be more damage, you also have to consider the opportunity cost. In addition, you can't use the multistrike trinket which is currently the 2nd BiS trinket.

It may have its use, but I don't expect it to be BiS.
    There is a Str multistrike trinket now? I've only seen an Agi one, but then I haven't paid attention to PTR crap in a little while.

Edit @ Dark below: Awesomeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The trinkets were tested pretty extensively and there is another thread on them around here somewhere, or maybe in the 5.4 changes thread.
    This trinket looks nice, but as Dark posted above, you lose another GCD, and his post isn't counting possible execute weaving either. It really just clutters up your rotation.
    Also it dis aligns Skull Banner and the reduction of all those CD's makes lining up CD's with CSmash a little quirky, easy to work around, but any delay of your CD's effectively negates the usefulness of the trinket to begin with. It would be nice for Storm Bolt to be actually useful, but I doubt it will be on par with Bloodbath and other trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a Str multistrike trinket now? I've only seen an Agi one, but then I haven't paid attention to PTR crap in a little while.

Kardris' Toxic Totem
    Item Level 553
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +1959 Critical Strike (3.27% @ L90)
    Equip: Your attacks have a 19.6% chance to trigger Multistrike, which deals instant additional damage to your target equal to 1/3 of the original damage dealt.
    Requires Level 90

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like it is no longer for us

There you go toying with my emotions again Dark.

So in that case I imagine its back to Amplify and Crit trinket.

Very cool but very weird. I'm not sure I like a trinket having this much effect on a rotation. I guess no one asked me though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    There you go toying with my emotions again Dark.

So in that case I imagine its back to Amplify and Crit trinket.
    Isn't the crit trinket worse than feather after it got nerfed to the ground? I hope they are still working on the trinkets. Every class except STR classes have a multistrike trinket (even healers) and while they nerfed the crit trinket the int trinket from garrosh still gains int per spell, rather than per second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrhaha View Post
    it's dropped by the 5th boss out of the 14 bosses in 5.4 raid (and its a fixed boss drop), so I don't imagine the heroic version too hard to get.
    What's a fixed boss drop? The opposite of shared boss loot? Or is that boss guaranteed to drop one out of 3-4 trinkets similar to other boss' will drop an armor token?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduryondon View Post
    Every class except STR classes have a multistrike trinket (even healers) and while they nerfed the crit trinket the int trinket from garrosh still gains int per spell, rather than per second.
    Yeah because multistrike is what we really need, especially our healers (cheer for more overheal!). They can either tune up the chance for the multi strike and decrease it's damage or vice versa, in essence it's 0.2*0.3=0.06 effective damage increase... mathmatically speaking. But nobody can guarantee you it will procc on average on your harder hitting styles when you'd need it.

Ie: having double int trinket procc + potion + boss weakened phase and you're casting your chaos bolt during a skull banner = nothing happens while your Incinerate shortly thereafter procced twice. Or maybe a comprehensible situation for us warriors: multiplying spells outside of cs window. I really hate such things: no control. RPPM is already a nightmare but this is even worse.

And for the int trinket: all those caster classes with a gazillion instant casts (ele shaman anyone?) will get a ton out of it and everyone else will just continue casting their x second casts and sit there dieing a little inside.

Ps: full trinket list http://ptr.wowhead.com/items=4.-4?fi...=566;maxle=566 as you can clearly see half of those are just lame copies of each other, they would've been better of with just labeling all those cleave trinkets with "increasing your main attribute by 13k" and freeing up boss loot space

Multistrike is what we really need.

Last time I saw math on it, it was really strong for us, and without one we'll either be using double amplify trinkets(which will probably be nerfed), or Ji-kun's for another tier.

We'll use the new cleave trinket on aoe fights of course.

A 2/2 HWF Eye of galakras is probably going to be strong once we get our hands out it, assuming the CD reduction is about 50% when fully upgrades, bringing our BB/DR to 30seconds and removing the issue lower ilvls ones have of messing up all of our CD line ups.

Deleted
    Evil Eye of Galakras, Heroic Warforged, Item Level 580 (Upgrade Level 2/2)
    Equip: Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 49%. Effective for Strength-based damage roles only.
    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant you 15123 Strength for 10 sec. (15% chance, 55 sec cooldown)

1/1.49=0.67

So bloodbath ends up at 40 seconds (60 seconds regular times 0.67 from the trinket), lining up with every second instead of every third CS but things like synpase springs or skull banner would still be out of sync.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    But nobody can guarantee you it will procc on average on your harder hitting styles when you'd need it.
    Well, that's true for every class and every trinket with a damage increase procc, even before RPPM (hi UVLS).

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to consider is the 4p. Add in execute procs to using during CS and the value of SB drops even more.

I think it's safe to say the trinket won't be used on any fight unless adds come out sooner then 1 minute intervals, because then it would allow earlier bladestorms.

BTW what's the duration of the 4pc proc? 20 seconds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by regularspecial View Post
    I think it's safe to say the trinket won't be used on any fight unless adds come out sooner then 1 minute intervals, because then it would allow earlier bladestorms.

BTW what's the duration of the 4pc proc? 20 seconds?
    I *Thought* it was either 12 or 14 seconds but don't quote me on it.

Deleted
    It's 12 seconds (at least in this ptr build). They changed the crit stack trinket to 10 seconds and 1stack/0.5sec gain and increased the rppm. Still not convinced, especially since 10 seconds makes it much more unpredictable.

Doesn't the CDR trinket interact w/bloodbath (if talented)? That feels like it'd just play hell with lining up cooldowns.