Poll: Should LFD ever been implemented?

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    They must have been small if you knew every ninja by name.

On a server like Twisting Nether it was impossible to keep track of, you were lucky if you recognized guildmembers by their playername.
    Twisting nether has exactly the same number of player as argent dawn. 140k. And OF COURSE I didn't know the name of every single ninja but I can tell you for sure that if I met a ninja I would remember his name. Did you play before lfg? Cause I mean, what I am saying is not an unbelievable feat of superhuman strength you know? It was pretty much common practice for people that cared about their experience in wow and didn't want to face unnecessary issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    mop
    you can do dungeon finder with a fullet pug group, there is no illusion, the choice is clear, I do full guilds runs for valor or if I'm not too fussed I'll run a random
    Nothing more fun than to waltz through a heroic dungeon with 5 ridiculously overgeared dps within 5 minutes *ele-pewpew!*

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Cons:
    - Leavers
    - Bad mouthing
    - Lower player skill/experience, looked like everyone who couldnt do dungeons for some reason suddenly started to do it
    - Insurge of non-geared players, who wouldnt be able to get into group before, which you couldnt get rid of.
    You have a gripe with leavers? There were leavers back in the day too. And back then, the cost of someone leaving was much higher, as it often resulted in the group
    breaking up or someone having to go back to a major city to find a replacement. LFD is infinitely superior in this one aspect.

I still don't know how people have all of these bad experiences that they claim they do. I can count maybe a dozen bad dungeon runs since the current LFD was implemented. Yeah, I understand that my experience is just my experience, but if LFD is as bad as people claim it is, I'd think I'd have had a very bad time indeed.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    It goes back to something I wrote earlier. It's not possible to know who all unreliable (or reliable) players are. On big servers, especially, many, perhaps most players are going to not even show up on someone's radar.
    Of course it isn't possible and it's also not needed. What's possible and needed if you cared about having fun in wow, is to remember and know the reliable and unreliable people around you.

I could see the argument for making LFD by realm so that realm identity was still a thing, but before LFD and still today I have been in a guild that can assemble a 5 man in 5 minutes or less. Of course, I usually tank or heal so I never stood in cities long asking for groups if I was on during off guild hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That's true again and another proof of blizzard giving up to gamers requests. Why should leveling be faster? It's not "how fast can you level an alt" that improves replayability, it's "how interesting is the levelin process".

Linearity, easier content, minimised travelling time... All these improve the efficiency of the game by a ton but they really do hit other aspects.
    Wow's itemisation was fantastic. Heirlooms (but also bags after random lfg) are great but they got rid of that particular aspect of the game. What for? So you can level alts faster? Would it help the game long term? Not sure.
    When it comes to a blanket reduction in a level range then there is a good reason for it, even if the timing it not always right.
    The release of expansions are adding the requirement for additional levelling to reach the cap, a process which without those reductions would get ever longer and each time penalising new players or alts.
    The levelling process is made to be a similar length in total, irrespective of what the level cap becomes.

Arrival of LFD/LFG/LFR has eliminated a huge number of annoying, irritating and time consuming things in WoW.

Pretty much the ONLY downsides of LFD/G/R is it's negative effect on the realm's community and the lack of traveling to the dungeon's entrance.

Those 2 are nasty prices to pay, but i believe that LFD/G/R is truly "for the greater good" of WoW.