Poll: Would it upset you if LFR went away?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I'd gladly get rid of that anti-community piece of shit. It had nothing but negative impact on game - people no longer care about their performance, can't be arsed to gem/enchant gear, on follow/afk, trolling and being plain rude without having any consequences.

Flex raids are coming to replace them. But in flex raids you can't afk to loot because its not anonymous xrealm crap - you'd be booted and never invited again.
    If flex is full of people like you, i'll stick to LFR, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdew View Post
    If flex is full of people like you, i'll stick to LFR, thanks
    Yeah full of those elitists that want people to press buttons in a game !

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Yeah full of those elitists that want people to press buttons in a game !
    Nothing to do with pressing buttons (try killing any LFR boss if the majority of the raid doesn't press buttons), everything to do with being a jerkass.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, do you people think Normal/Heroic raiding will stay the same if LFR is removed?
    Blizzard will have to reroute manpower to making other content for people that used to solely play LFR so they don't get bored and unsub (and there are millions of them). Where do you think that manpower will come from? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by bdew View Post
    Nothing to do with pressing buttons (try killing any LFR boss if the majority of the raid doesn't press buttons), everything to do with being a jerkass.
    I see it working like a charm afking lfr each week. Sure there are wipes but well that doesn't really matter.
    I do not claim to know or care what Blizzard does or does not btw not even mentioning that I even believe for a second that they know what's required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Ghostcrawler already said in a tweet that even if LFR was removed, it would not help recruitment for the raiding scene at all, so that shoots down the "LFR is killing raiding" argument.
    He's also tweeted that LFR isn't going anywhere so threads like this are pretty much an exercise in wasting time and chest-pounding. The reality is that making threads about this more or less speaks to the thought that anti-LFR folks really have nothing else to talk about.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Watcher said

To begin with, Siege of Orgrimmar LFR loot needs to feel like a meaningful upgrade to people who are currently primarily running Throne of Thunder LFR. (And yes, contrary to the occasional "but what do LFR players need gear upgrades for, anyway?" argument, it turns out that player power progression is a fairly integral part of the RPG experience for all playstyles, and not one that we consider negotiable.)
    So it doesn't matter if people would like it or not, its here to stay, so lets stop crying and change to a new tune, these endless harping about LFR is futile beyond belief.

just stop it!
    why do "raiders" care so much about how others play the game?
    if they decided to join a raiding guild and raid - then just raid, whos stopping you?
    those who decide to explore the game via LFR - fine, let them ,why do you want to chop up thier legs?

this is why, the real truth, guild raiders just dont want to raid like they do anymore - they would like to raid LFR style, they are just too proud to admite it and they are stuck in a raiding position in a guild.

they want to join on thier free time and grab loot just like everyone else. the fact that they have to work harder in normal raids just kills them while LFR raiders work less hard for thier loot so thier pride make them bash the casuals and non guilded raiders and they spit out excuses and reasons why LFR is so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Ok, a good example of why these threads go nowhere
    Actually the reason that most threads like this go nowhere is that nearly everyone stakes out absolutist positions that don't actually make a lot of sense, see everything in black and white when the predominant color is really a very distinct shade of grey, and refuse to actually treat any opinion that doesn't agree with their own with any respect or seriousness. As well, they're filled with false causation logic which is shown over and over again to be questionable at best but undeterred by subjective opinion, people press on repeating the very same thing in the next thread.

That's why threads like this go nowhere. That and too damn many people are more worried about what anyone else is doing that's none of their business, never mind that a high percentage of the naysayers don't even play any longer.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    He's also tweeted that LFR isn't going anywhere so threads like this are pretty much an exercise in wasting time and chest-pounding. The reality is that making threads about this more or less speaks to the thought that anti-LFR folks really have nothing else to talk about.
    Yeah sure everyone who speaks out against lfr has nothing else to talk about. I don't know maybe keep your own sig a bit more in mind ?

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    Epeen. It needs to be stroked.

Flex raids are coming to replace them. But in flex raids you can't afk to loot because its not anonymous xrealm crap - you'd be booted and never invited again.
    Flex is also crossrealm...

Deleted
    just stop it!
    if they decided to join a raiding guild and raid - then just raid, whos stopping you?
    those who decide to explore the game via LFR - fine, let them ,why do you want to chop up thier legs?

this is why, the real truth, guild raiders just dont want to raid like they do anymore - they would like to raid LFR style, they are just too proud to admite it and they are stuck in a raiding position in a guild.

they want to join on thier free time and grab loot just like everyone else. the fact that they have to work harder in normal raids just kills them while LFR raiders work less hard for thier loot so thier pride make them bash the casuals and non guilded raiders and they spit out excuses and reasons why LFR is so bad.
    This. If you're raiding normals/heroics, why would you care about LFR being "bad". Does it affect the way you raid normals or heroics that much? It doesn't.

Flex may have been the ideal replacement for LFR, I think it just adds another tier of difficulty for those who want more satisfaction than LFR but don't have the time to commit to raiding normals/heroics. I'd rather have LFR stay, it's fine where it is for the target audience it was designed for. If you want something harder and more rewarding than that, go raid normal or heroic.

I would'nt be sad if it went away, but i know the fact that it's too late for Blizzard to realize their mistake when the damage is allready done, they've done such in the past with Arena's aswell which they admitted was a mistake to add, but it's too late to remove them now as it involves too much of a change, and as we all know people cant handle change that well.

Removing LFR would however extend the time content lasts by more than double the ammount as people would be forced to have a challenge to progress in order to see the raids, and progressing takes time and effort which LFR does not, currently alot of people feel that since there's LFR there's no point in raiding normals becourse everything just gets outdated next patch anyways and it all looks/plays the same inbetween normal/lfr anyways, becourse frankly it's proven that.

INACESSABILITY GRANTS LONGING, you want to get there becourse not everyone can and you want those badass-looking gears.

just stop it!
    PSSSST

A lot of the people who complain about LFR are either not raiders, or they're in very casual raiding guilds, or they're perennial pugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post

Not in the same way.

And LFR complaints will keep coming for as long as LFR continues to suck so get used to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I think what he means is you don't queue up and end up with randoms. You have to invite them, thus giving you the ability to deny said people in the future should they perform really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrill View Post
    This. If you're raiding normals/heroics, why would you care about LFR being "bad". Does it affect the way you raid normals or heroics that much? It doesn't.
    I don't know but seeing as it definitely influences people playing on my server I kinda feel that it can actually effect me. But well might be more of a personal issue that I actually still try to play with people instead of just afking besides them.

I'd gladly get rid of that anti-community piece of shit. It had nothing but negative impact on game - people no longer care about their performance, can't be arsed to gem/enchant gear, on follow/afk, trolling and being plain rude without having any consequences.

LOL.

If Flexi was going to replace something, it'd be NM. But it's not because Blizzard doesn't want to disrupt NM raiding guilds. Here's how it works:

LFR - people who don't want the hassle of organising a group
    Flexi - people who like to pug but don't have a regular raiding guild (or this is their alt)
    NM - people who have a committed or semi-committed regular raiding guild
    HM - people who have a highly committed regular raiding guild

If you think about it, LFR has a very clear niche (a big one) and so does HM (a small one). Flexi and NM cater to similar kinds of people. I think if Blizzard made WoW from scratch there would be LFR, NM (flexi) and HM (flexi), and no more 10/25 split.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Filipse View Post
    I would'nt be sad if it went away, but i know the fact that it's too late for Blizzard to realize their mistake when the damage is allready done, they've done such in the past with Arena's aswell which they admitted was a mistake to add, but it's too late to remove them now as it involves too much of a change, and as we all know people cant handle change that well.

Removing LFR would however extend the time content lasts by more than double the ammount as people would be forced to have a challenge to progress in order to see the raids, and progressing takes time and effort which LFR does not, currently alot of people feel that since there's LFR there's no point in raiding normals becourse everything just gets outdated next patch anyways and it all looks/plays the same inbetween normal/lfr anyways, becourse frankly it's proven that.

INACESSABILITY GRANTS LONGING, you want to get there becourse not everyone can and you want those badass-looking gears.
    So by your argument Blizzard should also remove flex and normal modes along with LFR, as that would force people to do heroic mode, which would take them longer to clear (if, indeed they could clear it) due to its difficulty, thus extending the life of the content! What a genius solution

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    HM (flexi)
    Doubt that they would go into that to begin with as that would just fail hilariously.