Poll: Would it upset you if LFR went away?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Ofcourse they don't need it, but every bit counts
    Why would they not run LFR if they can get an upgrade that has not dropped yet on their downtime?
    and this happened on my main alt lock trying to get the crit trinket, which still has not dropped.
    Then why are they bitching about it? I don't get it.

I can't help but read that as: "I sure would like the loot I could get from LFR without having to run LFR because I'm a REAL raider and shouldn't have to run LFR to get that LFR loot."

All said with complete sincerity and completely oblivious to the irony of it all when, quite often, their next breath is about all of the mouth breathing casuals that just want free epix for afk'ing in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post

I can't help but read that as: "I sure would like the loot I could get from LFR without having to run LFR because I'm a REAL raider and shouldn't have to run LFR to get that LFR loot."

All said with complete sincerity and completely oblivious to the irony of it all when, quite often, their next breath is about all of the mouth breathing casuals that just want free epix for afk'ing in LFR.
    No what he is saying is he feels he needs to run it because it's better TO run it than to NOT. He doesn't want the gear without doing it, he wants to not feel he needs that gear.

A way to do this would be to make LFR on the same lockout as normal. That way he can only do one or the other, and likely choose normal over LFR.

"hur mouth breathing i use the interwebs and I'm a proud cazual
    "he must be missing the point because as a highly educated filthy casual I'm right because blizzard has to listen to me, if they e ver run LFR it must mean they like it and its a great tool for derping and trisomy 21"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    No what he is saying is he feels he needs to run it because it's better TO run it than to NOT. He doesn't want the gear without doing it, he wants to not feel he needs that gear.

A way to do this would be to make LFR on the same lockout as normal. That way he can only do one or the other, and likely choose normal over LFR.
    Or, possess just an ounce of self control? After all, he's clearing Heroics. He doesn't need LFR gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    "hur mouth breathing i use the interwebs and I'm a proud cazual
    "he must be missing the point because as a highly educated filthy casual I'm right because blizzard has to listen to me, if they e ver run LFR it must mean they like it and its a great tool for derping and trisomy 21"
    I'm sorry, all I'm hearing is that the heroic raider wants casual gear.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-08-07 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I hope all the people saying they can't manage raid hours and hence need LFR don't have outdoor/social activities (which would make all the "my life is busy unlike all these hardcore losers" all the more hilarious), or may their hypocrisy choke them.
    If only it was that black and white eh? It isn't, of course, and people saying such aren't necessarily hypocrits either.

Even if I wanted to raid with a guild, on my server for my faction they all seem to raid after I've gone to bed. Not surprising, as I leave for work at half five in the morning - early to bed, early to rise. It's just one of those things and LFR covers the gap admirably; if I want to raid at half four in the afternoon (when I get in from work) then I can.

As it happens, I also volunteer at a wildlife centre one weekend a month (as well as looking after their website and doing some other bits for them from home). The visits there are fixed hours to be sure, but I treat it in the same way as I do my job: a block of time which cannot be moved. I fit my time in WoW around the other things in life, I don't fit things around WoW. I'm certain that I'm not the only one who treats WoW in that way!
    Last edited by Retron; 2013-08-07 at 06:47 PM.

LFR isn't raiding. Following mechanics is basically optional, oftentimes 5+ people go AFK on boss pull, et cetera. If it is meant to allow people to see content, it should not reward close to normal ilevel items or quest items. I understand why it does... because if it didn't the LFR players would complain about queues being twice as long but realistically, LFR is bad for the game. It causes people to burn out way faster on raid content and I don't like how alts are basically bottle-necked now by LFR for gear (nevermind it being an awful experience that flat-out hurts my enjoyment of WoW).

I would not mind if it was removed and we saw a return of the Wrath style system for catching up (with LFD & JP purchasing last tier items), with flex effectively replacing LFR for casuals, normal & heroic remaining the same. I realize this prob isn't realistic however, as unfortunate as it is.

I would have to quit WoW if they removed LFR. It's currently my only way to see the raid content. My guild has gone dormant but I have actually gotten to like being able to do raid content when and if I want and not be obligated to log in on certain days and times. LFR is possibly the best addition to the game they have ever done.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Or, possess just an ounce of self control? After all, he's clearing Heroics. He doesn't need LFR gear.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, all I'm hearing is that the heroic raider wants casual gear.
    I allready explained why. Since loot in normal and heroic isnt on an individual basis like LFR it can take a while to get specific pieces. In the mean time it can be worth it to get a temporary upgrade from LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Same as these, basically. It's exactly what I want from the game and the day it was added meant I could see the content of the raids, the lore and stuff without having to join a raiding guild and spend four hours wiping on a single HC boss. I used to have that kind of time, but not anymore and I imagine much of the older playerbase is in the same position.

I would much rather run parts of LFR, do some standard PvE out in the world and roleplay with my guild than dedicate an entire evening every couple of days to killing bosses.
    Exactly. I'm sad I didn't get into LFR sooner than I did, if anything. I love getting to see content and get some mog stuff but I do not want my free time to revolve around raiding. I have RL, my RP guild, and other interests to contend with. Not to mention that I find banging my head against mechanics to be mind numbingly boring.

LFR is targetted at people like me. Flag people who are afk, kick them. I always contribute to LFR to the best of my ability and enjoy it. Let it be.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so hung on the colour of gear? Especially other peoples gear. Seriously who cares?

Without LFR each expansion has less than a month's worth of content. A year and a half of being unsubbed is a long time to forget about a game, so I'd probably never come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    I allready explained why. Since loot in normal and heroic isnt on an individual basis like LFR it can take a while to get specific pieces. In the mean time it can be worth it to get a temporary upgrade from LFR.
    I understand why people do both LFR and whichever content raid (normal/heroic) they do, for double the chances at upgrading gear. I don't think there is anyone that plays WoW that doesn't grasp this.

The schism seems to happen with how people look at that, resulting in 2 major groups:

1) Those that see this ability as a positive thing, where each individual player can decide if the net gain for running an inferior raid to fill in spots in their gear is worth the time spent. Their level of distaste for LFR compared to the magnitude of the possible upgrades will wildly vary between different players, but in the end, they make a judgement call to decide if LFR is worth running for them, but overall, they are happy the choice to do both exists.

2) Those that see this ability as a negative thing, where through either guild pressure or their own OCD or some other random factor, they know that a possible advantage exists by getting a possible upgrade by running an inferior raid to fill in spots in their gear. Despite a strong distaste for LFR, and despite the fact that the numerical advantage of any possible upgrade to a particular slot might be small, the chance to upgrading exists so they will run it no matter what. Unlike the first group, they do *not* make a judgement call to decide if LFR is worth running for them, instead forcing themselves to run it despite being utterly miserable by doing so.

I get Group 1 and those that say "Fuck you, LFR! You and everyone that runs it sucks and I never want to ever be subjected to that form of misery in game!" They stay out of it, they remain happy, they do the content that makes them happy, everyone is happy.

I do not get Group 2 that basically says the same thing... but still ends up running it, making both themselves and everyone else miserable as well.

Why would you even ask such a stupid question? LFR isn't going anywhere whether you like it or not.

10+ Year Old Account

Would it upset you if 'Remove LFR' threads went away? Why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Why would you even ask such a stupid question? LFR isn't going anywhere whether you like it or not.
    I think that is the question that should have been asked in the poll.

No, it wouldnt be any different than the the last 4 expansions, find a guild to raid or dont raid... there is plenty of other things to do, they can still keep the 522 valor pieces in.

Why are elitists soo damn irritating....."OMG!!!! Most people are going to see content!!!! This must not be! If more than 3% of subscribers see all content, I'm going to quit!!!!!"

For goodness sake, the gear looks different for the different levels of difficulty, so if you want to stand out, then do the hard setting and look cool with your special gear!

In fact, the different gear types are encouraging me to try out the different difficulty raids! Okay, so I won't be able to attend newer raids, but at least a few months down the line or so, I'll be able to get a PuG up and go for that gear or that mount!

It's a win-win situation for everyone! So what's the big problem here?

I think that is the question that should have been asked in the poll.
    Poll Options:
    1) Yes
    2) No
    3) I'd be dancing in the streets out of sheer joy!
    4) But.. how else would I vent my frustrations and insecurities?

I understand why people do both LFR and whichever content raid (normal/heroic) they do, for double the chances at upgrading gear. I don't think there is anyone that plays WoW that doesn't grasp this.

The schism seems to happen with how people look at that, resulting in 2 major groups:

1) Those that see this ability as a positive thing, where each individual player can decide if the net gain for running an inferior raid to fill in spots in their gear is worth the time spent. Their level of distaste for LFR compared to the magnitude of the possible upgrades will wildly vary between different players, but in the end, they make a judgement call to decide if LFR is worth running for them, but overall, they are happy the choice to do both exists.

2) Those that see this ability as a negative thing, where through either guild pressure or their own OCD or some other random factor, they know that a possible advantage exists by getting a possible upgrade by running an inferior raid to fill in spots in their gear. Despite a strong distaste for LFR, and despite the fact that the numerical advantage of any possible upgrade to a particular slot might be small, the chance to upgrading exists so they will run it no matter what. Unlike the first group, they do *not* make a judgement call to decide if LFR is worth running for them, instead forcing themselves to run it despite being utterly miserable by doing so.

I get Group 1 and those that say "Fuck you, LFR! You and everyone that runs it sucks and I never want to ever be subjected to that form of misery in game!" They stay out of it, they remain happy, they do the content that makes them happy, everyone is happy.

I do not get Group 2 that basically says the same thing... but still ends up running it, making both themselves and everyone else miserable as well.
    I would say it's not that they are forced into the choice, just that when you are raiding at a particular level, you are expected to take whatever advantages you can get. LFR is one such advantage. Its not that they are literally forced to make that choice, but they feel they must make that choice.

I mean I personally strongly dislike LFR. I dont find it even remotely fun. But I run it, because I'm not raiding and its the best option for me for character progression. Its not that I'm forced to run it, but I feel like I should because it's the best option.

10+ Year Old Account
    After I finally got my 500 cloak I was the happiest man in the World of Warcraft because I knew I would never have to run LFR again until 5.4.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Without LFR each expansion has less than a month's worth of content. A year and a half of being unsubbed is a long time to forget about a game, so I'd probably never come back.
    I would not have even been able to go through MoP launch content without LFR within a month. If you are doing stuff that fast then you are not a casual.