Poll: Favorite expansion cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wrath-MoP-rest, nothing beats the amazeballs with side order awesomesauce that is the Wrath intro.

Deleted
    Wrath of the Lich King by far. I'm still getting the chills hearing Earl Boen (doctor Silberman from the Terminator movies) as narrator. And the music is just perfect.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I liked the MOP cinematic. It was amazingly put together however the vibe/mood and the comedy... Hell to the no, bottom of the list.

Best overall is Wrathgate. So i voted for WotLK. Younger and Putty were pimps.

1. Wrath
    2. TBC
    3. MoP
    4. Vanilla
    5. Cata

Cata cinematic was the best (imo ofc) . They way he steel himself to be more resistent, tearing the lands apart in major destruction and that epic yell of his, god it just felt so perfect

Deleted
    People putting Cataclysm's cinematic to the bottom just because they don't like the expansion....
    I have to say my favorite is definitely Cata's cinematic,followed directly by Wotlk.
    1.Cataclysm
    2.Wrath of the awesome cinematic trailer.
    3.MoP
    4.Classic
    5.TBC

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I came to WoW from WC1-3, with WC3 still ranking as my favorite RTS to date. With that in mind, the way WotLK showcases Arthas, what he's capable of, and the forces he commands, it ranks as my favorite. It's not as action packed as the MoP cinematic is, but it gets straight into the character and sets up the Lich King to be the badass we knew he was capable of being. I remember the day it debuted I watched it at work and can still remember the excitement I felt while watching it.

TBC/Wrath - Vanilla/MoP/Cata, I picked TBC
    It's a reeeeeally tough choice choosing one...

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED.....thats what got me to try the game

Deleted
    Catas cinematics weren't that bad actually.

I would say
    wrath - cata - vanilla - tbc (I hate the part when the mage sheep that Tauren) - mop (because if I want a laugh from an animation I watch something from Pixar).
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2013-08-07 at 03:22 PM.

First of all, it's not "vanilla", you're making it sound like some bland boring shit, please refer to it as pre-BC or original.

Second, pre-BC was the best cinematic, WOTLK doesn't deserve that spot by far, it spent half its time showing us a huge dragon and alluring to grand writing style because of king Terenas making 2 allusions between Arthas' misuse of power and "stirring the hearts of your people" and then having undead sputtering blue shit out of their chests.

Oh my god SYMBOLISM, that's so DEEP.

Pre-BC is what Warcraft is about, showing people fighting and exploring Azeroth. I would give pandaria #2, but the pandaren ruined it for me so it goes way down below sharing the last spot with Cataclysm. They just couldn't help themselves forcing some martial arts "food, love and kumba-ya" crap in there, because they wanted to show everyone how proud they are of being controversial and how they don't care. Good for you, but you ruined an entirely great cinematic in the process.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    First of all, it's not "vanilla", you're making it sound like some bland boring shit, please refer to it as pre-BC or original.

Second, pre-BC was the best cinematic, WOTLK doesn't deserve that spot by far, it spent half its time showing us a huge dragon and alluring to grand writing style because of king Terenas making 2 allusions between Arthas' misuse of power and "stirring the hearts of your people" and then having undead sputtering blue shit out of their chests.

Oh my god SYMBOLISM, that's so DEEP.

Pre-BC is what Warcraft is about, showing people fighting and exploring Azeroth. I would give pandaria #2, but the pandaren ruined it for me so it goes way down below sharing the last spot with Cataclysm. They just couldn't help themselves forcing some martial arts "food, love and kumba-ya" crap in there, because they wanted to show everyone how proud they are of being controversial and how they don't care. Good for you, but you ruined an entirely great cinematic in the process.
    There is symbolism and Symbolism.
    Wrath was Symbolism, a cinematic I wouldn't be embarrassed to show my friends that don't play the game lets say. It's captivating. And so is vanilla. You're right actually, but I have one thing against vanilla cinematics.... Where's the trolls???? They showcase everything, but trolls and gnomes. Now Fairplay on the gnomes but why leave the trolls out!
    Sorry that's a third spot for me.

Deleted
    I would say Wrath, but there was something about the MOP one that gave me shivers so I voted for that, but Wrath comes a close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath, by far. Cata / MoP tie for second though.

Vanilla by far was my favorite.

My son, the day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name Arthas.
    My child, I watched with pride as you grew into a weapon of righteousness.
    Remember, our line has always ruled with wisdom and strength. And I know you will show restraint when exercising your great power.
    But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people. I tell you this, for when my days have come to an end, you shall be King.

Can you feel it, my son, closing in all around you? The Light's justice has been awakened. The sins of the past have finally caught up to you. You will be called to account for all the atrocities you've committed, the unspeakable horrors you've let loose upon this world, and the dark, ancient powers you've enslaved. Though my soul was one of the first to be devoured by your evil, there are thousands more bound within this blade, and they cry out for release. Look now to your defenses, my son, for the champions of justice gather at your gates

Hearing it from Terenas' voice alone still gives chills

Deleted
    I love how they showed off the races in Vanilla and BC. I wish they do something like that again. But I must say WotLK.

Cataclysm, because it showcases how Deathwing should have been instead of what he was, and it's just the most visually impressive one too. Wrath is in second, though I find the major love for it a little funny considering how many hated it when it was first released, just like the expansion itself. Mists is in the middle regarding the quality of cinematics, it's really good, but not quite as good as the other two. Vanilla and TBC were pretty "meh," though Illidan's narration at the start of the TBC cinematic and his flight at the end does make it better than the Vanilla one.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-08-07 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I would say Wrath, but there was something about the MOP one that gave me shivers so I voted for that, but Wrath comes a close second.
    The bit where the mists cleared and the camera swooped over the valley, combined with the musical crescendo. That was what gave me shivers. I watched that cinematic over and over again just for that. I had to vote for it. I hadn't felt wonderment like that about this game since Vanilla.