Poll: Favorite expansion cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Loved Cataclysm one the most. It was epic to see in-game zones such as Stranglethorn and 1k needles in good quality graphics.

Deleted
    Wrath by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla, Im still inlove with that tauren on the mountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Wrath. Its a work of art, and the best establisment of character for any lore figure.
    Hit the nail on the head. Was also the first xpac I played in so it has some nostalgic significance to me as well.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Yeah, same here.

Watching all the cinematic, which I do often enough, that first one is the one that makes me want to play the game the most. That first one is about exploration, which is what I come to mmos for.

Cataclysm has to be the worst.
    so:
    vanilla/mop/bc/wrath/cat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    First char a Tauren hunter because of that. God how much I loved that char!

Wrath>BC>WOW>CATA> ... ... ... ... ... mop._.

Wrath. Still to date the best story line in any version of the game. I started in late Vanilla, a couple months before TBC's release. I remember leveling in the plaguelands and dealing with scourge everywhere. It invoked the nostalgia of Vanilla and made me really look forward to what was coming. I really, really, really hope the storyline in 6.0 will be as epic as Wrath's was.

Deleted
    WOTLK, loved when they put it in the commercial

Deleted
    WotLK was the best, no doubt. It is truly a piece of art!

I liked them all almost equally, but if I had to make a list
    I'd say WotLK > Vanilla > MoP > Cata/TBC (cannot decide between these two, both epic)

I just went and watched all the patch cinematics for Vanilla WoW. BWL, Gates of Ahn'Qiraj, Naxxramas.. Oh, the memories.

It's honestly a toss up between MoP and Wrath for me. I voted MoP but god it's such a tough choice because the whole wrath expansion and coming from being a huge WC3 fan..... yeah I might change my vote to Wrath if I could. I loved the MoP character expressions and overall storyline though. Okay, yeah, Wrath wins by a little but I already voted lol.

Deleted
    Wrath of the Lich King. The fact alone that it was centered around Warcraft's best villain takes it to its own level, but Terenas' narration truly did it for me. Raising Sindragosa was also an epic scene. Music could have not been better and always gives me chills.

Mists of Pandaria. It felt like a decently story-driven cinematic with a fair amount of action as well. Maybe a bit too light-hearted in a couple of scenes, which I'm not sure if I like or not, but overall I wouldn't say that bothered me too much. With all the amazing scenery, this was visually the most pleasing cinematic for me. Music was great as always.

Cataclysm. While it's just a action-packed cinematic with chaos, destruction and explosions and a bland villain giving a generic evil monologue, it at least showed an important lore event instead of just random battle sequences. Seeing all those familiar locations in the cinematic was definitely nice. It was even exciting at times, I'd say, and the music didn't fail to deliver.

The Burning Crusade. Well, sure you had Illidan uttering a few sentences (including his favourite line of course), but other than that it felt rather random. I'd rather see actual lore characters than just some nameless dudes fighting in a series of disconnected battle scenes. Though it did look good aesthetically, and once again the music worked.

Vanilla. Nostalgia aside, I think it felt rather meh. Very much like Burning Crusade, but this time we didn't have a major lore character involved in the cinematic or even any speech, aside from that anonymous narrator. Still looked good visually.