Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    PVP is just lame, the CC's that are going out non stop are absurd. I walk into a BG and bam I am stunned, or some other lame form of cc and I can do nothing but auto attack and die. Its not fun, I miss the good Ol days where it took some skill and finesse to kill another player. Also PVE IMO is in the same boat, I feel as if they are running out of mechanics, and don't want to put in patchwork fights so they make some lame insta kill mechanic or some complex order to do things. IMO the game was better in Cata than it is now.

Deleted
    It seems like all your problems would be solved if you played with this other type of spec called a "healer". The good ones recognize when DPS cds are being used and use their own CDs to counter, I play a resto druid since TBC and i dont really get gibbed or cheesed or whatever you wanna say because my dps do this thing called "peeling". It sounds like instead of evolving with the game you've decided that learning the new pace of the game is too hard. dont return, the last thing we need is more bot like baddies flooding the bgs being try hards but whinging about every aspect of the game.

The problem with worrying about gibbing, is it's always been possible. People forget about 3 minute mages, but on a crit a mage in Vanilla could literally one shot you from 100% HP. Back then, about 4K was actually a good amount of HP, but most players had closer to 3500.

True, a Ret Pally could kill you in a single HoJ with a Reck Bomb, but it took a little bit for them to set that up, the 3 minute mage just pops a trinket and Arcane Power and would kill you. Worse if they were a Gnome and were hiding behind a hill or something, you literally would never see it coming.

Depending on some luck, a double WF from a 2H Enh Shaman could do the same if they used storm strike correctly. You'd auto attack which would proc WF then SS which reset your swing timer, and WF again. Catch a caster drinking, and say hello to six crits in 1 second...I only managed to do it once in a BG, but it was awesome.

So instagibbing has always been part of WoW.
    Last edited by Siddown; 2013-08-09 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    PVP is just lame, the CC's that are going out non stop are absurd. I walk into a BG and bam I am stunned, or some other lame form of cc and I can do nothing but auto attack and die. Its not fun, I miss the good Ol days where it took some skill and finesse to kill another player. Also PVE IMO is in the same boat, I feel as if they are running out of mechanics, and don't want to put in patchwork fights so they make some lame insta kill mechanic or some complex order to do things. IMO the game was better in Cata than it is now.
    Since when is Cataclysm the good Ol days? Because CC wasn't better in Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    PvP is in a very sorry state right now, I would not suggest picking it back up right now for PvP (PvE has never been better imo, but its still just PvE heh). Feedback like this though is a good agent of change. No mindless ranting, but an actual argument.
    Whole expansion started out so weak in both pve and pvp and it is catching up slowly. At least blizz tried to hammer some fun back into PVE. But PvP? They try hard to make it more balanced, after 5.3 changes and onwards.

The problem just is, is only balance fun too? I was never so unmotivated to play pvp and unsubbed after 3 days of 5.3. there is not the slightest bit of motivation to play it. Even the PvP elite gear is a total joke, it has no better stats and looks very ugly.

And the whole game is more unbalanced in terms of fun when it comes to class changes, dks and rogues had not such an overhaul as druids and warlocks. I played the last seasion a druid and dk so i had a good comparission, really matters which class you play and how many availible specs you got access too in pvp and what the xpack did change.

In this regard i can fully understand that after the opness of warriors got patched away, those people did quit, they had only 1 mediocre spec in pvp after 5.3 hitted.

Thats simply not right - also there is no need that all classes can do everything either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    In this regard i can fully understand that after the opness of warriors got patched away, those people did quit, they had only 1 mediocre spec in pvp after 5.3 hitted.

Thats simply not right - also there is no need that all classes can do everything either.
    Warriors are still doing okay though (ratings wise), although there are a lot less of then at 2200+ than there was back in 5.0 and 5.1, and a bit less than 5.2. If the decline continues in 5.4, I think that'll be a real problem.

But on that subject, I think the problems the game has now are purely mathematical. Every hybrid has at least two specs that are viable for PvP*, and every DPS class has at least one** . But now instead of dealing with a small number of core abilities across say 20 specs, the number of abilities each class has now at lvl 90 is crazy, making it orders of magnitude more complicated to balance the game. Plus, they have to balance for all abilities otherwise the very skilled players will completely roll everyone.

Take a Rogue for example, back in the old days, Blizzard had to balance damage from Ambush (not used all that often), Garrote (almost never used in Vanilla because it sucked so bad), Backstab/SS/Hemo (depending on spec), Evis (and Rupture for fighting plate wearers), instant poison damage and white attacks. Damage wise, that's all a Rogue could do, and even then Blizzard often got it wrong (especially by the time Grand Marshal/High Warlord and Naxx gear arrive). Fast forward to MoP and you've got Shadow Dance, Shuriken Toss, Shiv, Mutilate, Garrote actually being used, Rupture actually be used, Hemo + backstab in the same build, shiv, Fan of Knives, etc., just effecting damage alone, you also have new defensive CDs, new utilities, new stealth openers, etc.

Balancing all of that times 20 is a pretty hefty task for anyone. And after all that is said and done, is the Rogue class more fun to play now than it was then? Maybe a little, but for the cost of a lot more complexity, the gain to the players is actually quite minimal.

* Although I imagine Holy Pallies will disagree here.
    ** Hunters are hard to judge since BM is so OP at the moment and has such a high 2200+ representation, I imagine once it's nerfed that Marks will be even with it
    Last edited by Siddown; 2013-08-09 at 02:05 PM.