Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

i hate this class

so some things about this class i hate

rune of power.

the fact that good dps relies on lining random trinket procs with alter time. this isnt groundbreaking gameplay. its stupid and unfun.

frost is bad because it scales like shit
    fire is stupid gameplay design because it isnt good until you have the crit for it, which is dumb.
    arcane is retarded because rune of power, no on the move dps whatsoever, reliant on a bandaid bomb fix for dps.

what other crap do you hate about this class?

I hate how the specs overlap so much now. Casting arcane spells while fire turns me off. Mage talents are completely horrible. The moment I saw the preview of MoP talents at Blizzcon I knew I wouldn't be able to seriously play my mage anymore.

i want nothing more than to delete this game/mage from my life. just had the most depressing raid and i want to quit lol.

We have a thread for this exact kind of posting

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...For-All-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    We have a thread for this exact kind of posting

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...For-All-Thread
    yeah except no... this is about things you only hate about this class.

I think the top tier talents have always intruded too much into the rotation. It's been improved, but still. I mostly played Fire on my mage and I felt like I already had an interesting enough rotation - RoP/Invoke/etc was just getting in the way of it.

Also, Alter Time sounded cool on paper but in practice it was just a fiddly hassle. Almost want it made to not affect your DPS, and only useful as a survival ability.

But otherwise, Mages are still cool. Thread is drama queeny IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Casting arcane spells while fire turns me off.
    What arcane spells do you cast as fire? Arcane Brilliance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think the top tier talents have always intruded too much into the rotation. It's been improved, but still. I mostly played Fire on my mage and I felt like I already had an interesting enough rotation - RoP/Invoke/etc was just getting in the way of it.

Also, Alter Time sounded cool on paper but in practice it was just a fiddly hassle. Almost want it made to not affect your DPS, and only useful as a survival ability.

But otherwise, Mages are still cool. Thread is drama queeny IMO.

arcane explosion for aoe.
    i miss blast nova and all the fire aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Think he means Nether Vortex. I'm also a little bit sceptic with the mage class right now. I've never touched Arcane, though I can't say anything here. Currently I play Frost and I usually top the meters in our raid. Scaling is a bit weird, but hey I still top the meters.
    I tried Fire a few times, but I couldn't get out significantly more damage then with frost. Sure it has the potential to do a shitload of DPS. But it also has the potential to do just no DPS. Everything else then combustion is just plain boring and combustion is luck. I still manage to not get 2 nice crits in a row with PoM + AT combo -.- this spec sucks completely.

I just dont like the final tier its so lame and totally not fitting into the gameplay.

And it also just doesnt feel ultimative. You reach lvl 90 and feel like "OMG final talent, im gona rule the world /drool". Then you read the descriptions and feel like ...well fuck

Agreed Mage play-style is horrific in pandaland.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, MAYBE 10% of Mages were totally cool with our 90 talents, the rest were very disgruntled. I got my lock to 90 and using Kiljaeden's Cunning is so much fun, why couldn't we get something like that?

But nope, lets just gain an upkeep buff that will make or break our DPS if we fuck it up which can be easy at times.

Deleted
    I hate the class because most people hate it and then they come to a nice forum and ruin it with dumb threads.

I stopped playing my mage couple months ago, it blows....

Raided and pvp'd with it for years, its just not fun anymore.

I guess my biggest gripe is how...dull mages are. Fire and arcane consist of three abilities cast the same way over and over and refreshing a bomb. The only things that are woven into that are evo/rune every minute. Arcane is only fun every 3 minutes when CDs are up. Other than that it's either supremely annoying because your rune of power is so damn tedious to deal with sometimes, or it's supremely boring because you finally get to stand in the rune for an appreciable amount of time and do your plain arse rotation.

They really really need something else to press.

10+ Year Old Account
    the way i see it. if mages were still fun to play right now i'd be raiding and forced to keep up a sub every month.

blessing in disguise.

Deleted
    I definitely agree mage is not what it used to be. I still like playing my character, but the new talents and especially the lvl90 ones are just stupid. Not to mention that as fire mage that doesn't like to play any other specs I don't like the fact that I have to put up with crap DPS until I reach ToT raid and get myself 30%+ crit.
    I like the idea of combining the three specs though, allowing fire mage to have some frost/arcane abilities and vise versa. It was crap being a fire mage before with that lousy mana shield that did practically nothing, when frost had their awesome ice barrier.

I would agree we are pretty boring, and sometimes frustrating if you play fire. My guild can tell when I get a shitty combustion based on if we get a set of nether wyrms on the first head of H. Meg or not. And they give me shit for it every. single. time. ./sigh

I also would probably be really bored of most encounters if I just played mage. I took over raid leading for my guild so that I would have something to keep me busy during fights, heh.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, if you don't like the class, then don't play the class. Other people who do enjoy the class can play it, and play against you and destroy you in PvP. Don't expect Blizzard to do away with a class simply because you, and an EXTREMELY small minority do not like it or like playing against others who do like it.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    I want my wrath fire mage back.

But even then it was annoying.

MARROWGAR ONLY 5 PYROBLASTS GG. Get to fucking gunship. PYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLAST PYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLAST PYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLAST PYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLAST PYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLAST PYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLAST PYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLAST PYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLASTPYROBLAST PYROBLAST