Thread: Ji-kun trash

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Ji-kun trash

Picture says it all (click for full size)

for clarification:
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    It says that you can't skip ji'kun trash anymore cause they put a wall right on the edge of the waterfall.
    Last edited by mmoc1c984c02b2; 2013-08-07 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see it. Please asplain.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but what did the picture say?
    Did you skip the trash with the /camp macro while jumping at the same time?

ikr... truly depressing. people shouldn't have shared the info in LFR and it would've went another 2 weeks lol. oh wells, was awesome while it lasted.

It says that you can't skip ji'kun trash anymore cause they put a wall right on the edge of the waterfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC that's the part where you can skip the Ji Kun trash. I heard, while watching Treckie's stream, that you can't skip the trash any more on the US servers.

I think that's the point OP is trying to make, not sure.

Noeeeeesss

Picture shows nothing.

If you're talking about the Trash Skip, I spoke with a Game Master a few weeks ago, and he confirmed it wasn't an exploit, and was perfectly fine to use, although they obviously didn't intend for it to be used. I only mention this, as there seems to be a lot of hate towards those that use it, and I get a lot of threats of being banned because of it.

Edit; If they've removed this, i'm going to be fucking pissed off. Not because of the skipping of the trash itself, but because this is one of the stupidest things to fix. I bet the time it took to put a wall in, and texture it, and to test if you couldn't jump it, took longer then it would to fix that damn Pre-Tortos Cinematic you can't skip.

Stupid priorities like this, is what pisses me off with Blizzard.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2013-08-07 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Picture shows nothing.

If you're talking about the Trash Skip, I spoke with a Game Master a few weeks ago, and he confirmed it wasn't an exploit, and was perfectly fine to use, although they obviously didn't intend for it to be used. I only mention this, as there seems to be a lot of hate towards those that use it, and I get a lot of threats of being banned because of it.

Edit; If they've removed this, i'm going to be fucking pissed off. Not because of the skipping of the trash itself, but because this is one of the stupidest things to fix. I bet the time it took to put a wall in, and texture it, and to test if you couldn't jump it, took longer then it would to fix that damn Pre-Tortos Cinematic you can't skip.

Pretty sure they have the exact height of what you can jump from straight ground, and can drop that in in pixels within seconds. The question is if you still can doublejump in the corner.
    Not something that takes a long time though, and you might have bigger first world problems to get pissed off of. Like your coffee being cold while you wrote that.

But yeah. Fixing of tortos locked screen would be nice.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    you might have bigger first world problems to get pissed off of. Like your coffee being cold while you wrote that.
    Actually, my Tea was just the right temperature once I was finished typing it out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaElement View Post
    ikr... truly depressing. people shouldn't have shared the info in LFR and it would've went another 2 weeks lol. oh wells, was awesome while it lasted.
    I agree, raged really hard at 2 members for doing it in lfr...so stupid...

Blizzard should get the hint, thats the 2nd exploit and been 2(?) nerfs to that ridiclous trash...

Deleted
    meh it saves quite some lfr rage when doing this on my alt later this week.

people went bonkers on the folks making use of the skip. but silly to be honest, but they might as well have helped the ones out who went the normal way so it went faster.

I'd use the skip and go afk for 30 mins whilst everyone struggled to do it. I am happy it is fixed though to be honest because it took longer to get everyone up there in LFR than it did to clear the damn trash and it quite clearly wasn't intended for that use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Blizzard should get the hint, thats the 2nd exploit and been 2(?) nerfs to that ridiclous trash...
    I count 4. (or well, 5 exploits 4 fixes as 1 fix fixed 2 exploits)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

Yeah yeah, fixing bugs in their software is bloody stupid thing to do.. what?

I really hope it is impossible now. Not because of people exploiting it, but because of the number of people who can't. I've been in too many LFRs lately where the group is split in 2, half on the boss platform, half still down there. You can watch them jump off the edge and just respawn down there again. 20mins later, and the raid is still split in 2 locations ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Yeah yeah, fixing bugs in their software is bloody stupid thing to do.. what?
    Lol at that straw man.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    I really hope it is impossible now. Not because of people exploiting it, but because of the number of people who can't. I've been in too many LFRs lately where the group is split in 2, half on the boss platform, half still down there. You can watch them jump off the edge and just respawn down there again. 20mins later, and the raid is still split in 2 locations ><
    Should've learnt to do a simple logout and cancel said logout.

OT: Quite annoying that Blizzard didn't realise from the amount of ways people found to skip the trash that it's far too long and tedious. Should have reduced the amount or just not fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    I have a feeling this is why it was pretty important to get it fixed. It would delay LFR groups significantly and ruin the experience of many people who would've been otherwise completely unaware of the bug.

Ultimately though, skipping trash that isn't meant to be skipped is a bad thing. And pointless too, since the trash takes like 10 mins to clear, if that.

To be fair though most of the trash in ToT is some combination of lame, boring and/or tedious. You would have thought they would have recalled the anger from Firelands trash (slightly less frustrating). I mean nobody wants a repeat of ToC with no trash at all (I personally did not mind though), but ToT is a bit too much, and not only is the trash long, but in many cases they are just downright frustrating (Dark Animus trash springs to mind. Absolutely terrible trash; you're almost guaranteed a wipe on that). I think the worst thing though is that the trash changes between mdoes, like the bridge before Horridon slows you down more on normal than on LFR, the knockback isn't there (so it's less stupid if you get hit), etc.

Personally, I think trash by definition should be non-elite, maybe with one elite "mini-boss" mob in each area, and maybe sometimes mixed up by pulls where you have to keep one guy away from the other or even *gasp* CC (ironically, Dark Animus trash would be the perfect place to use CC... except they're all immune).