Heroic TOT lockouts, question on how they work?

So, lets say my guild is currently saved to like a 6/13H lockout in TOT. We just recruited a tank from another realm who is tranferring today, who killed the 1st boss on heroic on his server. Once he transfers to our server, will his lockout that he was saved to over on his realm not allow him to join us, or when he joins ours will he just have to accept to be saved to 6/13H?

He will be unable to join you. Heroic bosses give a static raid ID #, that you get saved to for that week. It's only normal where he would just get saved to yours and miss the 2-5th boss.

When he transfers, his instance locks will reset. He'll be able to join you, and be locked to your ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Janglybits View Post
    When he transfers, his instance locks will reset. He'll be able to join you, and be locked to your ID.
    Unless they've changed it, when you transfer you get assigned (if you were previously saved) a random raid ID for the rest of the lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

What Criptos said is correct. Anyone can go into any raid thats on normal, but if you do a heroic kill say Heroic Jin (first boss) then the group falls apart then you try to go join a new pug thats say is on Dru, if they killed any heroic kills you will NOT be able to join that raid until it resets for that week. Also to note, if say your group kills the first boss on heroic, your group is now on Dru and a person has to go for whatever reason, you pug that spot and they come in, you continue to wipe and call it. That pug you brought in is now SAVED to your lock out even tho they never killed a boss. There flagged to your heroic raid ID# So be kind and make sure to tell a pug that upfront before the zone in. Also that pug could just form a group on his own, and steal the rest of the kills from your guild as well.

- - - Updated - - -

They changed that a long time ago, you can no longer transfer realms to clear a raid ID lock out. It will reset as it always does on tuesday

Not true. When you do a server/faction transfer, your instances stay locked to whatever you've killed that week. They changed this (for US and EU servers only) during ToC as best I can remember, after a guild swapped servers for extra chest attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by bpolak View Post
    Not true. When you do a server/faction transfer, your instances stay locked to whatever you've killed that week. They changed this (for US and EU servers only) during ToC as best I can remember, after a guild swapped servers for extra chest attempts.
    Why repeat what someone else already said <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Smarra View Post
    Why repeat what someone else already said <_<
    Because your posts were 1 minute apart?
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    I transferred this Tier from one realm to another after i cleared 12/13 HC that week. My instance lock was gone when i came to the new server (altough i didnt actually raid anything more that week.) We also had a mage transfer from one server to another and it reset.

Im not sure if its a bug or such, but the people saying it stays locked have you tried transferring lately or just taking other words like they were truth? I myself heard that I would be locked, but I wasnt so. Im not entirely sure how the game decides, lol.

I was just going off of when we Guild Transferred during DS. Everyone's lockouts reset upon transfer then.

Edit: That was a Normal mode lockout. Normal lockouts WILL reset, however a Heroic Lockout will be assigned a random ID for the week, and you're essentially locked out.

From the Character Transfer FAQ; "Will my raid IDs be reset when I transfer?
    Your character will keep any raid progress made earlier in the week during the transfer. If you transfer a character, it will not be possible to continue any heroic instances that your participated in on you original realm or account."
    Last edited by Janglybits; 2013-08-08 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Additional information

Deleted
    It's seems kinda random. If you transfer from aggra to an english speaking server for example, your lockouts seem to reset. (at least of around 3 weeks ago)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Unless they've changed it, when you transfer you get assigned (if you were previously saved) a random raid ID for the rest of the lockout.
    We had a trial faction and realm xfer to us, his lock reset, this was tuesday, this week.