Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Metzen said the story was done when Stormrage came out.
    [Citation Needed]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtB_W...youtu.be&t=20s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvJpn....be&t=2h24m15s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LRjr...utu.be&t=11m9s

(All of these things were said after Stormrage's release)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Except that Ysera called it quits in the Dawn of the Aspects E-book. They still have some of their power. But Ysera basically says that the druids are ON THEIR OWN with containing the Nightmare in the Rift of Ahln. Most former aspects and their flight have called quits. Except for some bronze drakes and Kalecgos with a hand full of blues.
    All the Aspects are kind of throwing little sulk-fits after the loss of their powers. Ysera's just really being a baby about it. A running theme in that story is Kalecgos trying to come to terms with the loss and him realizing that even without their aspect powers they have a duty to help the world - its the age of mortals, but dragons ARE mortal, and they're part of the world.

Even if a lot of the dragons have pulled out of the Dream, and none are convinced to come back, there's still green drakonids, dragonspawn, and maybe some other creatures we haven't seen yet who could remain behind to carry out the fight.

Metzen said the story was done when Stormrage came out. Ysera controlled the dream, that is why she turned into Ysera the Wakener at the start of Cata. Thats why the druids returned, along with Stormrage because the dream closed. The dream can only be entered by druids, so stop with this conversation. The story is done, let it rest FFS.
    Yeah, none of that is true. I think you might have...

/shades

dreamt that.

Quote Originally Posted by golden yak View Post

yeah, none of that is true. I think you might have...

/shades

dreamt that.

Yeaaaaaaah!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Emerald Dream may seem an immaterial and exclusive territory only for druids, but what if it suddenly changes? At the end of the day there should be five emerald portals scattered around Azeroth to connect with each of the five realms of the Emerald Dream ...

The idea would be that the Old Gods intend to reset Azeroth, reversing the two worlds: the real one and that of the dreams. Thus the Emerald Dream would be more real every time (allowing the entry of real people) while the real world fades away, by becoming gradually more ethereal (suffering random attacks across Azeroth).

It's when mightiest heroes must intervene with the help of the dragons' powers, reactivating and entering in each of the five portals, eradicating the corrosive influence of the nightmare in each of the five realms of the Emerald Dream. Thus at the end we would get to detain and isolate the source of the nightmare and kill it for good, so that we will prevent that Azeroth is dissipated like a dream ...

Besides, who knows what strange creatures and allies find both the Horde and the Alliance in the land of dreams ...

Are you afraid of nightmares? Never a dream was so real ... soon on World of Warcraft...

To those who say that the Emerald Dream is already consummated and has no potential, I remind you that the portals are still in Azeroth since the beginning of WoW itself and also a gift on the novel "Stormrage":

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaderick View Post
    people that keep saying its been dealt with should really stop mentioning a book they probably didn't read.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Despite Xavius' defeat at the hands of Malfurion Stormrage and his allies, the Nightmare was not entirely destroyed following its master's defeat. One small part stubbornly stayed in the Rift of Aln, and Malfurion could only seal off the vicinity around the rift until a time that another war would be in their favor. (Source)

There could be a Nesingwary expedition in each zone. It'd be great. And you'd get an hour long debuff that made every mob that wasn't related to the expedition hate you for the duration of the quests. It'd be great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sub amounts have been decreasing dramatically since the change from 10 levels to 5 levels. If they continue that, they'll run out of subs. I'm fairly sure there will be 10 additional levels this time, as the new heirlooms suggest as well.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

This. I'm so tired of hearing about the Emerald Dream. It sounded stupid the first time I heard about it and it still sounds stupid today.
    The Emerald Dream is a core part of Warcraft lore. Would be similar to someone saying they really like Greek mythology and the Greek gods, but think the idea of Mt. Olympus and Hades and his realm is stupid.

I would love to have the Emerald Dream be part of the world, but I agree that it shouldn't be it's own expansion pack. Maybe a 2 zone encompassing questline with a daily quest hub at the end that unlocks a few five mans and a raid like the Isle of Quel'danas (Magisters Terrace), Molten Front and Mt. Hyjal zone all combined.

I swear one of these threads pops up every week and im here AGAIN to crush the dream(no pun intended) Emerald dream's story arch is OVER. DONE. FINITE. END. FIN. NEVER COMING BACK. OBLIVION. Metzen said the story was done when Stormrage came out. Ysera controlled the dream, that is why she turned into Ysera the Wakener at the start of Cata. Thats why the druids returned, along with Stormrage because the dream closed. The dream can only be entered by druids, so stop with this conversation. The story is done, let it rest FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    I always like how people who support the dream actually have citations and their lore checked up, and a lot of people against it don't know what they're talking about.

Also @Ark, if you actually read Stormrage, you know non-druids have entered the Dream (like Tyrande) via the Emerald Portals that have been around since classic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Sub amounts have been decreasing dramatically since the change from 10 levels to 5 levels. If they continue that, they'll run out of subs. I'm fairly sure there will be 10 additional levels this time, as the new heirlooms suggest as well.
    Sub amounts saw a brief surge after the release of every single expansion, but then losses eventually came after. Judging by this, they should stay away from releasing anything again as it only leads, eventually, to sub loss.