Thread: 5.4 Valor

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

5.4 Valor

Is there a list of Valor Items already? Are they even gonna add Valor Items, or are they keeping the Upgrade System instead?

There will not be any new Valor point gear related to SoO or Timeless Isle. Shado-Pan Assault gear will still cost Valor (reduced cost I believe) but Valor's main purpose is for upgrading SoO gear in 5.4. All sub-522 Valor gear in 5.3 will be purchased with Justice in 5.4.

Edit: I might be wrong about the item upgrade stuff as the PTR doesn't have item upgrades at this time. Seems strange to me though to not have anything to spend Valor on in 5.4.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-08-07 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    There will not be any new Valor point gear related to SoO or Timeless Isle. Shado-Pan Assault gear will still cost Valor (reduced cost I believe) but Valor's main purpose is for upgrading SoO gear in 5.4. All sub-522 Valor gear in 5.3 will be purchased with Justice in 5.4.

Edit: I might be wrong about the item upgrade stuff as the PTR doesn't have item upgrades at this time. Seems strange to me though to not have anything to spend Valor on in 5.4.
    Blood Spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Blood Spirits.
    They still cost Valor? Would have thought that they'd be purchased with Justice considering they only make 496 gear.

Edit: Posted wrong ilvl, thanks for the correction tuesday. Stupid typos.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-08-08 at 03:59 PM.

I thought they said awhile back that upgrades would be staying in 5.4 from the start, regardless of their status on PTR atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    The upgrades are staying. New pieces are going. It's pretty fucking shitty if you ask me but suck that RNG down hard guys and enjoy it.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Makes sense. Always felt weird to me how I'd spend all that time rolling and praying for gear in LFR only to replace it a week later with a far superior VP piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm somewhat worried that I'll end up capping and nothing to do with valor. If you don't get lucky with drops the first couple weeks or somewhat slow on killing bosses when 5.4 comes out there will be nothing to use that valor on. My main set is fully upgraded and my off spec gear is only missing a few upgrades. Seems like a waste to buy Blood Spirits or 625 valor items to DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    They still cost Valor? Would have thought that they'd be purchased with Justice considering they only make 486 gear.
    it's 496 gear. Some as normal TOES/HOF gear.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2013-08-08 at 03:34 AM.

Meh I like having item upgrading be able day 1 of 5.4. Valor gear in ToT was overpriced and poorly itemized. Valor gear is also 100% useless once you can full clear Normal mode.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Terrible change if true. VP gear represents a real sense of progression for a casual player that doesn't waste time with organised raiding. They should be adding things for casuals and taking them away from the so-called 'hardcore' playerbase, not the other way around.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

If you're currently running T15 LFR and picking up Shado-Pan Assault 522's, then you should be well-enough equipped to hop into T16 Flex and beyond. Even T14-level gear for Justice, plus a few Valor upgrades here and there, should be plenty enough to dive you into T16 LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Terrible change if true. VP gear represents a real sense of progression for a casual player that doesn't waste time with organised raiding. They should be adding things for casuals and taking them away from the so-called 'hardcore' playerbase, not the other way around.
    You mean the people who dont need the gear to begin with ?
    I wish they would remove tier from lfr, they dont need it tbh.

I believe the timeless isle treasure chest gear along with the item to upgrade them is the new "casual" gearing path. Would think people would enjoy it a lot more then weekly valor capping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    If you're currently running T15 LFR and picking up Shado-Pan Assault 522's, then you should be well-enough equipped to hop into T16 Flex and beyond. Even T14-level gear for Justice, plus a few Valor upgrades here and there, should be plenty enough to dive you into T16 LFR.

that is true - but thats not the point - valor gear was there so that u could fill up few spots in gear if rng screwed u - it was kinda fail safe device - if this go away it will mean for many people that they will be forced to do FR whether they like it or dont for those pieces or they will feel like they are gimping their team by not doing so with valor even if rng screwed u u had guaranted 1 gear upgrade every 2 weeks - now ull be able to upgrade ur gear a bit but in relaity it just wont be the same - also upgrading anythiung below normal gear will always feel like wasted vp

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I believe the timeless isle treasure chest gear along with the item to upgrade them is the new "casual" gearing path. Would think people would enjoy it a lot more then weekly valor capping.
    uhm it will be super fun especially on high populated server - with 20 people camping every spawn point 24/7 -_- and it will be real camping not runing from one to another since they said the best chest will be in hard to get to places - so people will be just sitting there in packs waiitng for it to spawn -_- great fun indeed -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-08-08 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Blood Spirits.
    Yeah, 400 valor points for 60g? Don't think so.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    uhm it will be super fun especially on high populated server - with 20 people camping every spawn point 24/7 -_- and it will be real camping not runing from one to another since they said the best chest will be in hard to get to places - so people will be just sitting there in packs waiitng for it to spawn -_- great fun indeed -_-

It will be this for a some time after patch launch..

Although the chests are said to have a respawn time of about 5 mins, so you won't have to camp it 24/7..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Pvp server here, damn right it's going to be fun. It will be a bloodbath, just can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    It will be this for a some time after patch launch..

Although the chests are said to have a respawn time of about 5 mins, so you won't have to camp it 24/7..
    Tier 5 (5): This 'ultimate' chest, the Blazing Chest, is located in the western part of the Ordos Sanctuary and can be tricky to reach due to the large amount of high-level elites in the area. The chest contains a medium amount of Timeless Coins, a few epic tokens, and a guaranteed Burden of Eternity.

people wont give a fck about normal chest they will be hunting for this one or those better ones - and i dont belive they will have 5 minutes spawn timer -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    idd, and those tokens are bound to account, so you can farm on 1 char who is a cloth user and send you plate item tokens to you dk, warrior or paladin and tokens are fairly ez to get as well. ofc you need a burden of eternity to upgrade those items to 535 and they can be found chests(100% chance from blazing chest, is only lotable once pr character), from a daily quest called Archiereus of Flame(atleast i think its a daily quest), from killing mobs, elites and rares and you can buy them for 50000 timeless coins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    You're like the opposite of a special snowflake.

Who's to say that organised raiding is a waste of time? If you're not going to step into normal/HCs why are you wasting your time gearing your toon further than LFR entry requirements?