Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Even if it's not a bug, could just be them planning ahead.
    Or 100 could be a placeholder to throw us off. If they'd said 95 we'd all be 100% certain next expansion is 5 levels. With putting down 100, it leaves room for doubt.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Maybe the next expansion will be 10 levels for us all to compensate in some way for the so called item squish thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Heroic upgradeable heirlooms? Seriously? I LOVE this idea, but for whatever reason, I can't shake the thought that quickly struck me that this somehow signals that they are anticipating another very long final tier. I hope I'm wrong.
    Weird...I thought the opposite. My thinking was that they didn't want a heroic item that you busted your gut to get to be suddenly replaced in a few weeks with a green from the next expansion....It signalled to me the intent to have a short last tier and therefore be ready for the next one

10+ Year Old Account
    Competitive weapons for me and all my 90 alts? Yes please!

Deleted
    this is a huge giveaway that we are getting level 100 next expansion, if we were going to cap at 95, wouldn't they repeat this with level 95 end boss gear, scaling from 95-100?

eitherway this is a very intresting surprise, heirloom gear from the last boss will give incentive to get people to keep farming the instance for their alts., and thesae weapons will probably be BiS for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post
    Weird...I thought the opposite. My thinking was that they didn't want a heroic item that you busted your gut to get to be suddenly replaced in a few weeks with a green from the next expansion....It signalled to me the intent to have a short last tier and therefore be ready for the next one
    I was just looking at it from the angle that there was an additional "carrot on a stick" to keep you going during farm. I just really want to know how these are obtained. Would be cool if there was normal loot with ML/greed/need, and these were auto-looted randomly like sigils and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it. Great idea. Its always so heartbreaking vendoring my purps from the prior xpac for blues and greens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit it this got me excited I hope for a 10 level expansion!!!
    Also I hope that this isn't a glitch.

I love the idea, they're not any different to any other weapons that drop, same ilvl stats etc. But with the scaling component that means we will have them to start next expansions end game with. Very much hope this makes it to live.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not think it likely that the next expansion will raise the level cap by ten levels. I can't recall where, but I have the vague feeling that Blizzard once commented that they liked the change to five from ten.

For example: Hardened Shell has a cut-off of level 94. Cut-offs are usually at or one level below max level for that expansion.

Blizz devs are probably just testing something.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    I started to play wow in Cata, and when I first got to Stormwind I was wondering why everyone had stopped at level 85 and not leveled further. I would prefer if we went to 100 next expansion, it just feels wrong to be 95

No daggers or 1h weapons?

If they do end up dropping from Garrosh though, I guess that keeps people motivated for farming him at the expansion's end just to make leveling easier.