Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

New legendary cloak proc for Hunters (image heavy-ish).

Some of you might remember that in a past topic I showed some screenshots and provided some information on the legendary cloak proc. Some were a little disappointed with it's mechanics, but the blues mentioned that Hunters would get a completely new proc they simply weren't able to implement yet. However I noticed something new when I was on the PTR today. It seems like they changed our cloak proc completely along with it's animation. Here's the news.

This is the cloak itself. As you can see, it now somewhat works likes the caster cloak. It hits the target you currently have selected and AoEs around that target.

But here is the juicy bit. Not only do we have a proper animation on our back like all other classes now, but when it procs we actually shoot loads of tiny arrows like a tiny barrage on steroids which rain down on our target. Here is the ''normal'' back view with the proc (zoomed out, so you can't see the proc that well).

And lastly a more zoomed in version from the side.

Unfortunately I can't ''screenshot'' an animation, but it looks a lot like the arrow volley ability the mobs before Valithria Dreamwalker used in ICC.

I'm very happy with the new proc. The mechanic itself, as well as the kickass animation are just awesome. Kudos to Blizz.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-08-08 at 10:16 AM.

The animation looks pretty cool in your last screen there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalin View Post
    The animation looks pretty cool in your last screen there.
    The screenshots really don't do the animation justice to be honest. It's something you really need to see in-game.
    But I hope some of the people who can't or don't want to go on the PTR find it interesting to see.

Possibly a little off-topic but how do you actually get the upgraded cloak? I've been hearing different things all over the place.
    Is it farm coins + a Garrosh kill?

I do love that we got a little personal attention, I like the way it looks a lot.

You have to collect 200 timeless coins and defeat the four celestials on the Timeless Isle. Not sure if there are other steps between that and the cloak.

OT: How is the damage from the proc looking?

Is there an npc on the ptr to simply swap your epic cloak for the legendary version? Or do you actually have to do something significant?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakog View Post
    You have to collect 200 timeless coins and defeat the four celestials on the Timeless Isle. Not sure if there are other steps between that and the cloak.

OT: How is the damage from the proc looking?
    Really only 200? You can literally collect that many in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Unfortunately I can't ''screenshot'' an animation, but it looks a lot like the raining arrows ability the mobs before Valithria Dreamwalker used in ICC.
    Which was, very briefly, the Volley animation for player Hunters during TBC. Geez was I sad when it got reverted :l

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    Really only 200? You can literally collect that many in a minute.
    As with most drop-type currencies, the drop rate on the PTR will be inflated for the purposes of testing. On Live, it will most likely take longer.

Holy crap, that looks great. Solves the range issues nicely.

Deleted
    It's been changed to 2500 coins, the "hard" part is getting a group to kill the bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post
    It's been changed to 2500 coins, the "hard" part is getting a group to kill the bosses
    The entire realm will zerg them the moment servers come up

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a Hunter on the PTR at the Time they altered the original animation to this "spreading" one. Spamming Volley while shouting "im cumming!" :P

Good thing that Blizz is using this one again ^ ^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    The entire realm will zerg them the moment servers come up
    i meant on ptr :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks really great, almost make me want to transfer my character to the PTR

10+ Year Old Account
    O boy, that looks pretty cool. Glad I'm ready to go on my legendary quest.

Why that on use effect is not implemented on caster's cloak ?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    Why that on use effect is not implemented on caster's cloak ?
    Its the engineer tinker http://www.wowhead.com/spell=126392/goblin-glider

Quote Originally Posted by nicocba View Post
    oh damn my bad
    forgot about that tinker

Effect looks cool...glad they changed it for hunters