View Poll Results: Will there be a new class in the next expansion?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

27 29.35%
  • No!

65 70.65%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Doubtful because there is a strong indication that they are going to promote new character models for all vanilla races and an outside chance for the bc ones. This would mean there is a chance for new races but also a very outside chance for sub races (ie broken Draenei, red orcs, dark iron dwarves, ect) That would shine as well as a new race to the general public. With all this possible excitement it would be ashame and honestly a waste of resources to overshadow this promotion with a new class. In addition the other pure class (Mage, rogue and hunter) are all visually starting to show age. Mages badly need a mechanical overall even though they good damage today it's for the wrong reasons and ask any Mage and they can tell you how poor the mechanics are of the class right now. Rogues and hunter are defently in an identity crisis right now. These three specs together will take more time than what was probably required to build up vs the warlock revamp with the new monk class of mop.
    Well to put things in perspective, a class and a race don't really overshadow each other. In fact, the model upgrades would be a great feature alongside a new class. However, model upgrades and 2 new races would be an issue, because the 2 new races would overshadow the model updates.

As for class updates, in MoP, both Druids and Warlocks got class overhauls, and the Monk class came out just fine. So I don't see the Hunter and Rogue updates as a major obstacle, especially since Blizzard said it wouldn't be a complete change like Warlocks.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there will be, because I think Expansion V will be a 5-level Azshara expansion. Blizz really has no interest in tying level 100 to the 10th anniversary of WoW it seems, so they'll go 5 levels to keep the imposing number of 100 to happen for another 2 years.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think Tinkers will be the next class added, but maybe not the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for Deamon Hunters. Will reroll from my warrior instanly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    I'm hoping for Deamon Hunters. Will reroll from my warrior instanly
    DH would replace DK as my #1 class especially if it has a ranged weapon spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's so cool how none of you work for Blizzard, yet think you know for a FACT, what they're planning. All these nay-sayers to a new class, you have no idea if they will or not, don't act like you do. You play the game, just like the rest of us, you're not privy to company info or plans. So don't bash OP just cause he wants to know what the rest of you think about the idea. I mean 90% don't even give a solid reason for your thought. You're just like, "No, because no.." Rediculous.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    It's so cool how none of you work for Blizzard, yet think you know for a FACT, what they're planning. All these nay-sayers to a new class, you have no idea if they will or not, don't act like you do. You play the game, just like the rest of us, you're not privy to company info or plans. So don't bash OP just cause he wants to know what the rest of you think about the idea. I mean 90% don't even give a solid reason for your thought. You're just like, "No, because no.." Rediculous.
    Well, people just expressed what they think like OP wants. OP is asking for opinion here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Well, people just expressed what they think like OP wants. OP is asking for opinion here.
    Right. Have you read some of these comments? If you didn't know any better, you'd think these people work directly for Blizz and they know everything they're planning. Just a lil annoying.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

What about the release of a new hero class?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would adore Demon-Hunters, but honestly they should and likely will eventually make Warlocks that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    What about the release of a new hero class?
    I think in most cases "class" and "hero class" are rolled together. Considering Tinkerer and Dragonswarn would be Class, while Demon Hunter would be a Hero Class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorhn View Post
    I would adore Demon-Hunters, but honestly they should and likely will eventually make Warlocks that.
    Can't happen. Read the lore behind Warlocks and Demon Hunters.

To make them one and the same would be to butcher the lore of both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Great post, and I agree. Its weird how so many are so against a new class, but are perfectly fine with 5 races being introduced over 3 expansions. Its also strange how folks think that Blizzard would revamp all the Vanilla classes and still put out two new races on top of that. Either the Vanilla models are going to look better than the new races, or vice versa. Either way, it seems like a massive waste of time.

And frankly, the future racial options are pretty lackluster, or outright terrible.

Deleted
    If the SoO weapon heirlooms are meant as a hint that the next expansion will bring us to level 100, then I bet all that I own, which I admit isn't much, that the next expansion is the legion one, and it will have Demon Hunter as a hero class. It would be the most fitting expansion for the 10 year anniversary and level 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    If the SoO weapon heirlooms are meant as a hint that the next expansion will bring us to level 100, then I bet all that I own, which I admit isn't much, that the next expansion is the legion one, and it will have Demon Hunter as a hero class. It would be the most fitting expansion for the 10 year anniversary and level 100.
    My old theory had been

*Level 100
    *Neutral Ethereal
    *Alliance Broken
    *Horde Ogres
    *Demon Hunter Hero Class
    *Argus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    My old theory had been

*Level 100
    *Neutral Ethereal
    *Alliance Broken
    *Horde Ogres
    *Demon Hunter Hero Class
    *Argus
    As I would like all of those races to make it into the game, I approve of your theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL!

There's going to be a great deal of sadness among DH fans when the next class is revealed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You'll probably get subraces in the model revamp. I can't imagine they would have them in there.

Which is why I don't think 2 new races are likely. That's a lot of resources dedicated to getting the 8 old models looking new again.
    Yea... I know... thats why i said a new race or two... lol

but if the heirlooms do mean 10 levels in the next expansion, then I think I can expect a new hero class

Broken would be neat, but doubtful. Broken are seen like Furbolgs, they're the sidekicks to the main Alliance race.

Ogres have a chance of being added, but they really have to deal with that Female option. I'd personally like to see the Mok'nathal join, however unlikely they would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Yea... I know... thats why i said a new race or two... lol

but if the heirlooms do mean 10 levels in the next expansion, then I think I can expect a new hero class
    Yeah, I doubt that as well. What unused race could possibly be a viable neutral race?