Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I Believe This is the Fastest Way to Get 12 Million XP (22 Minutes + Nets you 1900G)

This can be done in 20 minutes, requires a 90 buddy with a 2 seater flying mount and is 3-4 times faster than monkey runs. Only catch is it's not repeatable so save it for level 89. Now there are these 4 little known exploration achievements that not only net u some good gold via grey vendor trash worth ~105g each but if done before level 90 you can get some crazy xp (11.8 Million experience if rested). TomTom (Curse Link) is a godsend for completing this quick and easy. To get these achievements, and subsequent gold/xp, requires you to loot 18 of these phased treasures scattered around pandaria. Now some of these can spawn in multiple locations so it gets a little tricky.

We recorded a quick run through of all 18 via twitch last night, Included annotations in the description for each treasure in case u get stuck on one.
    Visual Learners Click Here 4 Video

Here are my 5 relatively concise way point macros that should hopefully make things easier:

/way Kun-Lai Summit 57.01 75.40 Terracotta Head (Search Ruins)
    /way Kun-Lai Summit 59.5 52.9 Sprite Treasure (stay left)
    /way Kun-Lai Summit 63.94 49.84 Mogu Tablet (stay right, behind statue)
    /way The Jade Forest 46.1 29.1 [RARE] Pandaren Mining Pick

/way Kun-Lai Summit 72 34 Statue of Xuen (in pool)
    /way Kun-Lai Summit 50.36 61.77 Hozen Treasure Cache (in cave, back right)
    /way Kun-Lai Summit 52 51 Rikktik's Tiny Chest (in cave)
    /way Kun-Lai Summit 37 80 Lost Adventurer's Belongings

/way Krasarang Wilds 71 9 Saurok Stone Tablet (in cave, stay right)
    /way The Veiled Stair 74.93 76.48 Hammer of Folly
    /way Valley of the Four Winds 23.71 28.33 Virmen Treasure
    /way The Jade forest 24.6, 53.2 Chest (Optional 11g)

/way The Jade Forest 26.22 32.35 Tea Pot
    /way The Jade Forest 31.96 27.76 Lucky Pandaran Coin
    /way The Jade Forest 23.49 35.05 Pandaren Ritual Stone
    /way The Jade Forest 51.0 100.0 Ship Chest
    /way The Jade Forest 46.30 80.65 Offering of Rememberance

/way Townlong Steppes 65.83 86.09 Encased Moth
    /way Townlong Steppes 52.24 57.49 Sap of Kri'vess (Somewhere around Tree)
    /way Townlong Steppes 62.8, 34.1 Crate of Goods
    /way Townlong Steppes 32.85 61.53 Fragment of Dread (cave in 5 fingers or by Huggalon)

If anyone knows of any similar tricks or a faster way to easily accrue a bunch of xp lets me hear it!

Rested those elite mogu in the townlong steps grant a decent amount of xp when you pull them together and have a friend kill them. Also I usually look for all the other rare items as well - it's usually worth it but I suppose that depends on the server.

These are the only treasures that are phased and therefor always available if you haven't yet found them. Whereas the other stuff like the mining pick that grants a chance at gems and the other such school of treasures are first come first serve and have a lengthy re-spawn timer.

I still kill the monkeys around the monkey dome for xp.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just grab these while leveling, they're not exactly "little known". The 2-seater would be absolutely required to make it worth doing in one fell swoop like this.

Edit: Also, these can be shown on-map with various Addons. I like Handy Notes_Lost and Found personally, since it shows them + the rare world blues, and auto-clears the icon once you've picked it up on that character.

Dooker dome is always good if u can get it to yourself and have some geared buddies willing to lend u a few hours of their life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    I just grab these while leveling, they're not exactly "little known". The 2-seater would be absolutely required to make it worth doing in one fell swoop like this.

Edit: Also, these can be shown on-map with various Addons. I like Handy Notes_Lost and Found personally, since it shows them + the rare world blues, and auto-clears the icon once you've picked it up on that character.
    Yea luckily with the prevalence of recruit-a-friend a lot of people have either a 2 seat rocket or that leopard bird thing.

Ill just leave these here.....

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7...-mans-treasure
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7...re-of-pandaria

After leveling 10 toons - I can assure you that this is a quick way of leveling. Hopefully you are on a low pop server.

PS: Try to have rested XP.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Ill just leave these here.....

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7...-mans-treasure
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7...re-of-pandaria

After leveling 10 toons - I can assure you that this is a quick way of leveling. Hopefully you are on a low pop server.

PS: Try to have rested XP.
    I haven't checked those for xp since sargeras is so crowded. What kinda xp do those dole out on average comparatively?

- - - Updated - - -

If i could make 12 mill in 22 minutes that would make me soo happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crosscoastgaming View Post
    These are the only treasures that are phased and therefor always available if you haven't yet found them. Whereas the other stuff like the mining pick that grants a chance at gems and the other such school of treasures are first come first serve and have a lengthy re-spawn timer.
    Any chance you know where to find the coords for the Mining Pick aswell? I have a character on a dead server, so finding stuff like that is very very easy there and would help me speed boosts up a lot.

Nvm, saw Avadas post.

Deleted
    Sounds nice and all, but would probably be a waste of time on a high pop server.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Sounds nice and all, but would probably be a waste of time on a high pop server.
    These are phased and always available if you haven't yet claimed them on that character, so server pop makes no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the addon LostTreasures u need tomtom though, it shows both the treasure and the MoP BoA's locations
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only is this not little known, but rather well known (the treasures existence)....
    Also, a not so very smart idea to publish it in that fashion. People apparently never learn... lol
    If there's anything that sounds too good to be true, but it is true. You can place a bet on it how Blizzard is going to hit it with the nerf bat Instead of keeping it quiet, and let the players enjoy it for a long long time, someone makes it a big thing, a bunch of people jumps on the wagon and bam, nerf..
    The monkey runs were once more efficient too, until some decided to "broadcast" it..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The monkey runs were once more efficient too, until some decided to "broadcast" it..
    What happened to the monkey runs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    What happened to the monkey runs?
    probably overrun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axylum View Post
    probably overrun
    Not sure how more people running would make it worse though.

EDIT: This isn't 12 million anyway. I just did it on my druid, I got 10 million (with around 800k of killing/mining) and FULLY rested.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2013-08-10 at 11:32 AM.

I did this one a char, and experienced the following: THE RARE BLUE items have 0 respawn timer, they respawn imediately after one is looted, in a counterclockwise direction on the map. Say you loot the 2 h sword in the dreadwastes, next respawn will be the dagger, then the agi staff, then the necklace and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syro View Post
    I did this one a char, and experienced the following: THE RARE BLUE items have 0 respawn timer, they respawn imediately after one is looted, in a counterclockwise direction on the map. Say you loot the 2 h sword in the dreadwastes, next respawn will be the dagger, then the agi staff, then the necklace and so on.
    I found the 1h spellpower sword, the pendant and the polearm all after eachother while going clockwise, dafuq?

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Not sure how more people running would make it worse though.

EDIT: This isn't 12 million anyway. I just did it on my druid, I got 10 million (with around 800k of killing/mining) and FULLY rested.
    Maybe you already found one, check my xp at the beginning of the video i was 11.2 mill away from level 90 and i hit it with a treasure and a half to spare.

Deleted
    Maybe you already found one, check my xp at the beginning of the video i was 11.2 mill away from level 90 and i hit it with a treasure and a half to spare.
    No I didn't. I found all of the Waypoints, with the extra rested XP and mining/killing XP.

EDIT: I mined about 30 veins
    I killed 2 rares
    Killed about 40 mobs
    150% rested XP