Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Heirlooms from Garrosh confirm 10 levels next expansion?

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/07/pa...100-heirlooms/

So the weapon drops from Garrosh are now 90-100 heirlooms. Since WOTLK the final boss of the expansion has dropped weapons, only to have them replaced by questing greens/blues in the next expansion. The article says these heirlooms drop from all raiding difficulties except LFR, which means Blizzard intends for players who earn these weapons to use them while leveling through the next expansion. The way I see it this confirms ten levels for the next expansion; it the expansion was capped at 95 these heirlooms would be as well.

Great news! A Burning Legion expansion spanning ten levels leaves a lot of room for epic content.

EDIT: just realized there's already a thread on this... Damnit. Please lock, mods
    Last edited by Dominating; 2013-08-08 at 01:26 AM.

Levelling a second (third, fourth, fifth, etc) time is one of the most arduous parts of the game, I have no idea why they would go back to ten levels. Changing to five was one of the best decisions they made.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Levelling a second (third, fourth, fifth, etc) time is one of the most arduous parts of the game, I have no idea why they would go back to ten levels. Changing to five was one of the best decisions they made.
    Um, the xp ratio was the same. Leveling in wrath wasn't twice the amount of leveling in cata...

That number could be a placeholder

TBH i expected at least 2 xpacs till we hit the magical 100 but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post

5 level expansions feel like half an expansion.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

So it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post

Perhaps they're doing it because they're worried about whether or not there will be 2 more expansions. There'd be people who've been working on the game for 10+ years. Whether or not they admit things publicly, I suspect there'd be regrets if the level cap ended at 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    5 level expansions feel like half an expansion.
    It's the same amount of content, and the levels scale. Honestly i think more levels with less exp required to lvl makes it feel like you are actually progressing at a faster rate. (Which I like)

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the PTR. Nothing is ever confirmed from anything on the PTR until a Blue posts that "This is confirmed". This could be a placeholder for all we know, No reason to get everyone talking about something that we don't know for sure yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Perhaps they're doing it because they're worried about whether or not there will be 2 more expansions. There'd be people who've been working on the game for 10+ years. Whether or not they admit things publicly, I suspect there'd be regrets if the level cap ended at 95.
    Why on earth would there be any sort of worries like that? "Oh no, we're down to 3x as successful as any other MMO has ever been, time to pull the plug?"

ive been told by a guildie that palys on tthe ptr that the Soo gear being BoA is a bug theres no way that heroic SoO gear will be account bound

Say it with me.

P-to-the-T-to-the-R.

Heirlooms never drop from bosses and never apply to the current expansion leveling bracket. Item may be a placeholder for something, a mistake, or just another piece of crud in the items database that never goes live.

10 levels seems highly unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not convinced this confirms anything. If it said 10 levels, we assume 10. Then they reveal Expansion V to be 5 levels and 6.0 retroactively drops that limit to 95 instead of 100.

If it said 95 we'd all know it was 5 levels because it's more common to aim high than aim low.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    It's op as hell in mop, so it would continue to be OP when leveling, unless it does not continue to be "BIS" after it levels up once. Very interesting find!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Heirlooms never drop from bosses and never apply to the current expansion leveling bracket. Item may be a placeholder for something, a mistake, or just another piece of crud in the items database that never goes live.

10 levels seems highly unlikely.
    Seems reasonable to me, they only drop on Normal, Flex and Heroic rather than LFR so this seems like a new (and cool, and welcome) incentive for higher difficulty raiding: a weapon that will serve you up to the next cap.
    10 Levels is also as likely as 5, the exp number will be the same, they are ultimately meaningless integers.

Anyone got a list of all of his weapons? Can't find it on wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    ive been told by a guildie that palys on tthe ptr that the Soo gear being BoA is a bug theres no way that heroic SoO gear will be account bound
    Why not. Any BOA gear for the next expac would be pretty strong by this expacs standards. Why NOT let someone who earned it from heroic raiding get that slight advantage while leveling?

I don't see why people find this impossible. Not saying it will go live as BoA but really I think its an interesting and possibly good idea because its the last tier of an expansion. It helps alleviate the feeling of this loot I'm getting is pointless because I'll never use it for progression and for a lot of people Garrosh on normal or heroic will be the last boss they progress on this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    It's op as hell in mop, so it would continue to be OP when leveling, unless it does not continue to be "BIS" after it levels up once. Very interesting find!
    Did you miss the part where the new gear in an expac far outstrips the normal gear in the previous expac? Your comment suggests that you are unaware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    Really, how would he know? Being on the PTR doesn't give you behind the scenes info.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Seems reasonable to me, they only drop on Normal, Flex and Heroic rather than LFR so this seems like a new (and cool, and welcome) incentive for higher difficulty raiding: a weapon that will serve you up to the next cap.
    10 Levels is also as likely as 5, the exp number will be the same, they are ultimately meaningless integers.

Anyone got a list of all of his weapons? Can't find it on wowhead.
    I seriously doubt they would release something that speeds up 90-95 leveling until the level 100 expansion. Otherwise why not just reduce the XP requirement? It would just mean some people would out-level their questing zones halfway through, which sucks. Messes up the level flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.