Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I wish Blizzard cared a LITTLE about low level pvp balance

Let me begin with that im not rolling a pve server because i enjoy pvping versus other DPSers but something is bugging me:

Tanks and healers are soloing my alt so hard 1v1 its not funny.

Tanks deals like 10 times a dpsers damage, parries all attacks and takes way too little damage. Kiting is no option for some classes because when they catch you, 1-89, youre dead.

And what about healers? They hit as much as a dpser except that they got infinite resources, their simple hots ticks for like 30% of their total life making them unkillable, and their absorbations are way too high, like 200% of their total life.

Ofcourse low lvl pvp should not be balanced but seriously COME ON atleast balance healing and make the tanks do LESS damage than dpsers? I mean shouldnt this be the basics? Its like a freaking Chansey is one shoting all your pokemons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Let me begin with that im not rolling a pve server because i enjoy pvping versus other DPSers but something is bugging me:

Tanks deals like 10 times a dpsers damage, parries all attacks and takes way too little damage. Kiting is no option for some classes because when they catch you, 1-89, youre dead.

And what about healers? They hit as much as a dpser except that they got infinite resources, their simple hots ticks for like 30% of their total life making them unkillable, and their absorbations are way too high, like 200% of their total life.

Ofcourse low lvl pvp should not be balanced but seriously COME ON atleast balance healing and make the tanks do LESS damage than dpsers? I mean shouldnt this be the basics? Its like a freaking Chansey is one shoting all your pokemons.
    I hate how dps can one shot my healer!....It can go both ways.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Well yeah healers have a chance to die under a silence if the hunters lucky with arcane shot crits at levels below 50. Atleast their arcane shot damage are in pair with healers at those levels compared to the others.

Its amazing how they manage to make pvp more and more unbalanced every expansion. xD
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-08-02 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    I got a lvl 69 protection warrior that I leveled mainly through BG's. It was literally godmode. Shield Slam one shotting people. If it was a twink then maybe add a Revenge and another Shield Slam, good night. God mode. With a healer it was insanity beyond belief.

Yeah, I'd rather them have level 90 balanced and level 1-89 completely broken. In fact I'd more or less be okay with levels 1-89 not even having BGs at all. You can hit 90 in about 1.5-2 days played depending on class and if you stack rested. No real need for Blizzard to care about PvP balance in that short time while leveling.

I did love my Brewmaster Monk in PvP though while leveling, ignoring the fact I did a lot of damage I was virtually unkillable because of my mobility. Was pretty fun.

yeah prot warriors and priests at low-mid levels are INSANE, that's how I got my achiev 20 killing blows 0 deaths (or 30 kb?)
    mind spike mind spike + instant mind blast = dead. Shield yourself for 1,5x your own hp...
    shield slam for 2x your own hp (on crit)

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry to say this friend, but low level pvp is largely irrelevant in wow.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

Is it imbalanced? Sure it is. Are they going to fix it? Probably not. This was one of the inherent issues when they removed ranks of spells and abilities.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    And yet I wait longer in random queues at 90 than I do at low level.....

I cant remember the last time my Healer was owned by a single dps. It happens but WAY to rare. Only healer I have that struggles is a Druid until Regrowth

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    And yet I wait longer in random queues at 90 than I do at low level.....
    Your personal experiences do not change low level pvp's irrelevance. Although I admit that I am biased in this argument, since I sit firmly in the "hate pvp with a passion" group so you might wanna take what I say about the subject with a grain of salt.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

I wouldn't be overly upset with prot Warrior imbalance if it didn't mean that 1/3 of every team wasn't comprised of them.

Blizzard supposedly made an active effort in making it more balanced.

LOLJK PvP both at max level and below it is more imbalanced than it has been in 8 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

It's more imbalanced than it ever was, because they have made the game so easy. In turn, vengeance is needed, damage modifiers on things like shield slam are insane, heals are overpowered (although, that one doesn't really change at 90), etc.

By making tanking easy mode for people it creates imbalance in their abilities, because bad players need to be able to hold aggro. Same for healing....a lot of bad healers get chewed out for sucking so they make them overpowered so it's easy.

There are some dps that are overpowered at low levels, too. Even if the aforementioned things weren't present I think most of us could agree blizzard doesn't care enough to balance pvp until max level. Even if they did, it would require a major overhaul. A rallying system similar to TOR, Wildstar, etc., and a revamp of certain abilities/scaling and a whole lot of heal tweaks.

As for max level pvp....well, even bad healers can stay alive way too long. Hunters are completely faceroll. Warlocks can tank people far too well. The list goes on and on. Bottom line, imo, is that blizzard doesn't have a clue how to balance pvp, and if they don't after 8 years they never will.

No, it's not.

When new players start the game for the first time and want to pvp, lowbie battlegrounds is their first exposure to it.

Most players give up right then and there because of how fucking retarded it is. And I don't blame them.

Game needs to be playable at all levels, especially for new players, if Blizz wants to retain subs.

Saying it's irrelevant is just plain wrong. It's highly relevant to the future of pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    No, it's not.

When new players start the game for the first time and want to pvp, lowbie battlegrounds is their first exposure to it.

Most players give up right then and there because of how fucking retarded it is. And I don't blame them.

Game needs to be playable at all levels, especially for new players, if Blizz wants to retain subs.

Saying it's irrelevant is just plain wrong. It's highly relevant to the future of pvp.
    My thoughts exactly.

I've been working on an alt lately, and tried out battlegrounds a bit when I got to level ranges I really didn't want to quest through again. Low level BGs are an ugly mess. Any new player that's looking for a new game to get his PVP fix in is going to run immediately when exposed to this.

lol'd at absorbations

So do I. Dungeons consist of constant ninja pulling and you even wipe since people pull 5+ packs and the healer can't keep the tank up... no thanks to that. And questing can become kinda boring after a while, especially outlands and onwards.

I didn't really understand why the resi at low level wasn't activated. :/ Add a low level healing nerf and voila, things should atleast be slightly better. Add more rewards like you get from WSG vendors etc for a low amount of honor, place the vendors in a place new people actually know the existence off and we're good to go. It'll always be imbalanced because not all classes have all skills but... there's a difference between some classes being strong and some classes ebing untouchable. In my opinion atleast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post

playing wow again huh? tssk tssk:P

Deleted
    I wish Blizzard cared a little about high lvl PvP...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    I wish Blizzard cared a little about high lvl PvP...
    balance at any level would be nice. I have noticed since starting a new toon with no looms that it is rediculus. priest pennance can kill me without much effort ect. Removal of the bonus hp/other stats from heirlooms in pvp would be agood start tbf