No CD reduction trinkets for caster

Pretty disappointed the only melee classes look to be getting the CD reduction trinkets. I was looking forward to a genuinely fun trinket.
    Why is it not possible for any any casters or healers get a CD reduction trinket?
    Healers are now stuck with stock standard stat procs and bonus overhealing, at least spriest can get some bonus damage.
    Why I am not surprised that its going to be another boring tier for healing caster trinkets.

Because it'd likely be broken as hell.

No CDR for +int classes.
    No amp for +agil classes.
    No multistrike for +str classes.

It's either designed like this for some reason I can't fathom, or they haven't been implemented yet, which I also can't fathom.

I hope this changes before it goes live. I'm really tired of bonus overhealing and stat procs.
    Seems unlikely to be different on live as they're already touting "5.4 is live on ptr".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    No CDR for +int classes.
    No amp for +agil classes.
    No multistrike for +str classes.

It's either designed like this for some reason I can't fathom, or they haven't been implemented yet, which I also can't fathom.
    There was a healing CD reduction trinket, but they changed it to the cleave trinket.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    There was a healing CD reduction trinket, but they changed it to the cleave trinket.
    Apparently this doens't seem to annoy a whole lot of people or the healers of WoW are somewhat quite on the forums.
    I don't understand how a (predominantly) overheal proc is supposed to be fun and exiting. Its merely another proc to increase performance without actually doing anything.
    It requires less interaction than a 'fire and forgot' spell which blizzard are supposedly trying to cut down on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    Apparently this doens't seem to annoy a whole lot of people or the healers of WoW are somewhat quite on the forums.
    I don't understand how a (predominantly) overheal proc is supposed to be fun and exiting. Its merely another proc to increase performance without actually doing anything.
    It requires less interaction than a 'fire and forgot' spell which blizzard are supposedly trying to cut down on?
    I find it dumb as rocks and the trinket is essentially worthless at this point. In fact, I haven't seen a single interesting trinket so far. The Intellect/Spirit proc trinket looked interesting - the idea of gaming the proc, playing around it, was interesting. But then they nerfed it and now it just degrades every second. So why not just give us a static proc instead of this giant proc that degrades? I don't get it.

I'm not happy with the trinkets we have available, but Blizzard doesn't appear to care and I am not "math-y" enough to really explain why the trinkets bug me.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I find it dumb as rocks and the trinket is essentially worthless at this point. In fact, I haven't seen a single interesting trinket so far. The Intellect/Spirit proc trinket looked interesting - the idea of gaming the proc, playing around it, was interesting. But then they nerfed it and now it just degrades every second. So why not just give us a static proc instead of this giant proc that degrades? I don't get it.

I'm not happy with the trinkets we have available, but Blizzard doesn't appear to care and I am not "math-y" enough to really explain why the trinkets bug me.
    Yeah. Personally I would like to see what happens when you have cleave and multistrike trinkets at the same time. But most trinkets are boring compared to ToT trinkets which all had some procs and stacking buffs which you could play with
    Last edited by mmoc0c0c9c54f5; 2013-08-09 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caru View Post
    Yeah. Personally I would like to see what happens when you have cleave and multistrike trinkets at the same time. But most trinkets are boring compared to ToT trinkets which all had some procs and stacking buffs which you could play with
    I can test it out, but so far....I mean, they're doing a miniscule amount of healing. I don't think either has done more than 1% of my healing in any of the testing we've done.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    After another nerf of Amplification trinket i dont really see any interesting trinket atm, after Immerseus i think cleave trinket will be viable choice for few encounters, but we need to drop him before we can use him~~ In my guild i will probably do 14/14hc with most of old gear (from ToT) so i dont really bother of lack of good trinkets. If i dont find any better options (or math behind them) it will be cleave and int+crit proc, having ~50% crit is pretty appealing for me because of lack of better options.

Btw im not 100% but i think they nerfed in recent build Breath of the Hydra proc from 20s to 10s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    Btw im not 100% but i think they nerfed in recent build Breath of the Hydra proc from 20s to 10s.
    Yes, they did

Wile the CD reduction ceteinly would have been interesting to have, it made it nearly impossible to balance the specs for both those wo got it and those we didn't. I'd rather not even have the chance for a trinket like that and something boring instead, than being frustrated because I have bad luck for month regarding drops again.
    For example: I never had a single piece for my head slot drop until well into heroic ToT and we haven't seen a caster ring drop in ToT up to now.
    As long as Blizzards only looks at the drop chance ('the statistic chance for a drop if you take the mean over a few thousand bosskills') and not the variance (which is a bit more about the difference in the number of bosskills lucky and unlucky players will most likely need) I rather not see any 'must have' items that specs get designed or balanced around ingame at all.
    Things like that are need a guaranteed maximal amount of efford needed to get them otherwise they will just punish people for being 'unlucky'. Like throwing dice and two out of ten shadow priests getting MB taken away with no compensation nor recourse until the next tier of gear, but worse because you aren't telling them they won't get it back till then but string them along with the promise of a chance to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Wile the CD reduction ceteinly would have been interesting to have, it made it nearly impossible to balance the specs for both those wo got it and those we didn't. I'd rather not even have the chance for a trinket like that and something boring instead, than being frustrated because I have bad luck for month regarding drops again.
    This reminds me of the original implementation of Dark Intent -- and how my guild at the time had three Shadowpriests and two Warlocks >.<
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Yes, I remember. Balancing specs on something not every player of that spec is guaranteed to have or achieve in a set amount of time is bad. Introducing items that would require such form of balancing is worse.

i hope they don't make a cooldown reduction trinket for casters, because it would literally kill shadow. shadow has zero significant cooldowns, whereas every other class has their burn tied to a 3-5 minute cooldown cycle.

Was kind of a silly trinket to begin with.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2013-08-10 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebulla View Post
    Yes, they did
    They also upped the RPPM on it, to double what it was.