Thread: H Horridon Help

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

H Horridon Help

We are getting to the final phase but it seems that our tanks are just getting raped when they switch.... Its legit like, we get the wargod down and they do a tank swap and boom tank dies direcall + boss hit, I don't know what we are doing wrong but it just seems to be the issue everytime...

Logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c2845r5wcpd72fci/

You need to CD punctures. Nothing big, any minor will do.

Have a clear tank grab horridon while you burn jalak (popping big CDs if needed) and when he runs out of CDs (5-6 stacks) tank swap, jalakk should be dead now. Second tank uses his CD's for another 5-6 stacks, gets stacks dropped by pally and tank another 4-5, as soon as the first tank debuff runs out he taunts again, but horridon shouldn't last THAT long. We got 12 puncture casts on our first kil (counting since war god death).

Also don't be scared to kite horridon should your tanks die, he stops to cast A LOT, on one of our kills our hunter kited the last ~10% health with no issues

Don't underestimate a rampaging horridon, as a paladin i tank horridon the whole way through. I have to taunt swap right after ja'lak dies (around six stacks) to quickly bubble off.

During taunt swaps, make sure the tank who is taunting is ready for the damage, it hurts immensely even without high stack counts.

I'll be honest, our offtank typically dies every time on this fight, he only taunts to buy me a few secounds to drop stacks and take a breather, (get my health topped). Our record for "off tank survival" is something like 15 secounds. With that said, or worst was a brewmaster who literally held horridon for 3 secounds. but i still was able to drop stacks.

TLDR: don't underestimate enraged horridon, make sure your offtank has something to use for emergencies, you might even want to taunt with a cooldown up, (esp if your offtank is blood, as he can get amazing blood sheilds).
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Your tanks are taking conversion, never use conversion, use death pact. Conversion is really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    Don't underestimate a rampaging horridon, as a paladin i tank horridon the whole way through. I have to taunt swap right after ja'lak dies (around six stacks) to quickly bubble off.

During taunt swaps, make sure the tank who is taunting is ready for the damage, it hurts immensely even without high stack counts.

I'll be honest, our offtank typically dies every time on this fight, he only taunts to buy me a few secounds to drop stacks and take a breather, (get my health topped). Our record for "off tank survival" is something like 15 secounds. With that said, or worst was a brewmaster who literally held horridon for 3 secounds. but i still was able to drop stacks.

TLDR: don't underestimate enraged horridon, make sure your offtank has something to use for emergencies, you might even want to taunt with a cooldown up, (esp if your offtank is blood, as he can get amazing blood sheilds).
    You know you can just taunt > bubble > cancelaura to never have him switch targets.

We had our prot pally come back so we had prot pally dk this week, still tho tanks getting crushed >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post

If you taunt then cast hop/bubble and /clearaura within the fixate time he won't melee anyone else

What do you mean he wont melee anyone else

Like he will always target you even though you bubble. So you don't even need the OT to taunt so you can bubble.

OT. Just make sure your tanks always have AM up for the triple punc. and as much of the other time as well. Healers really need to focus into the tanks as there isnt much damage going out other than dire call, in which there is no immediate danger afterwards and the raid can be slowly healed up. But the healers need to always have a heal casting basically as the tanks are going to get TRUCKED. 2 blood dk's is far from the best, but it is doable

We just updated our tanks, prot pally is still flakey running

Druid
    Blood dk

- - - Updated - - -

also to note friend of mine said to have a tank take 2 stacks, and rotate by 2 stacks...

On both our kills my OT has died in the final phase. Shit hurts really hard and you basically need to start cooldown'ing towards the end, both tank cd's and any healer cd's that reduce damage taken from a target (a disc priest with pain supp helps a lot).

Basically what we do; I tank Jalakk as he spawns until he dies. At this point (when he starts hitting harder) I'll grab Horridon and tank him till my OT's debuff wears off (I can usually survive up to 7-8 stacks). In theory OT will hold it till my debuff stacks wear off and we swap, but since he usually dies I'll end up picking it up and having to blow cd's (potions of the mountain can help here as well, don't be afraid of consumables!)

If all else fails, he is kite-able since he spends half his time running around casting things so once both tanks die have your entire raid spread out and dps so that he runs around instead of insta-gibbing people.

Deleted
    Both tanks and healers need to be prepared the moment Jalak dies. The tank who is tanking Horridon will get a huge spike in damage taken compared to what he was taking before. Healers need to be in range to get those crucial heals off (pop a cd if you have to) and the tank needs to anticipate and pop a cd just before Horridon starts rampaging. Once the tank gets this huge spike in damage his vengeance will shoot up, for some tanks this also means the followup damage will get smoothed out (better sacred shield and seal of insight procs for example). Obviously whenever you do a tank switch when Horridon is rampaging you will experience the same thing (pop a cd! spam them heals).

Another thing to note is Dire Calls during rampage hit like a truck and are often followed up by a Triple Puncture. The current tank will want to use a cd for it as well if at all possible (due to the spike in damage) beside their active mitigation, obviously. The damage that the raid takes from a Dire Call should get healed from passive/cleave healing (ReM, WG, atonement) since you have plenty of time before the next Dire Call and it will be the only unavoidable damage that they will take.

If both tank die at all during the last percentages, you always have the option of kiting it for a little bit. Horridon stops to charge/double swipe often so any second you can gain there is a second closer to killing him. IIRC on our first kill he was enraged and oneshotting people well into his enrage yet we stalled him long enough to finish off the last percentages (ended up with just our mage alive, if im not mistaken).

We swap after the final door charge while the adds are being cleaned up. We swap again once the enrage starts and he clears my stacks just to be safe. The next swap is the next Dire Call after that. If we have a few DPS dead for some reason, the 2nd Dire Call after that is another swap. He needs to use a CD on the pick up and near the taunt swap. I haven't needed a CD except for our first two kills when he got gibbed unexpectedly and I needed to go up to 10 stacks for the kill.

Good dodge AM timing makes Horridon's enrage easier for Monks and Druids to handle without CDs.

I can’t look at logs right now because I’m at work, so bear with me if I give some stupid info…

Like a lot have mentioned here, tanks need to have a CD up for each Triple Puncture. Also, heals need to continuously be casting on the tanks. What my group does is use non-healer CD's for Dire call so the healers don't lose focus. The raid doesn't ned to be topped up right away (as others have mentioned), but that doesn't mean low health bars don't distract healers. Use things like s.priest Vampiric Embrace, Boomchicken tranq, enh / ele shammy ascendance, healing tide totems, basically anything you can do to top the raid off without distracting healers. I can’t see your comp, but I’m sure you get the idea.

Comp Going into next week

Blood dk
    Druid

Mw Monk
    Holy Pally

Spriest
    Unholy DK
    Rogue
    Demo Lock
    Surv Hunter
    Ele Sham

We don't run with either of those healers but you should pick the one that is best at tank spam healing and have them just spam heal the current Horridon tank. The other healer needs to be spamming the tank as best they can, needs to start spamming the taunting tank so the other healer can transition, and can do a slow heal up for the raid after the Dire Call. The healer assigned to spamming the tank needs to also time when they hit their pink dino for those times when the raid healer is going to be spamming the Horridon tank as well.

Basically what this all means is the tanks and healers NEED to communicate ahead of when they are going to do something so the other tank or healer has time to react properly.

For the tank make up, I don't know a whole lot about DKs but I assume they are going to have issues similar to what paladins and warriors have with the enrage. If that's the case I'd say the Druid tanks Horridon while the DK has Jalakk. Once Jalakk is dead the DK takes Horridon with a CD rotation to cover the times he's attacking him. Keep in mind that he will stop attacking for swipes and charges which is a good time to build AM resources and to stagger CDs. The healers can use that time to deal with pink dinos as well but they NEED to be back on the tank before the melee starts up again. The Paladin healer can clear the druid's stacks at some point so that he can taunt off the DK at the next Dire Call and as a safety measure in case the DK goes down early. Your Druid needs to make sure he is timing his dodge AM to cover the Triple Punctures while he is tanking. The big advantage for Druids and Monks here is they can break up the damage during the Triple Puncture by dodging at least one of the attacks usually surrounding it. He should still be ready with CDs if things look even a little sketchy.

A note on Jalakk, you can disarm him before his Bestial Cry to reduce it's damage. It's a really nice pseudo raid cooldown.
    A note about the Dinos for your tanks. Depending on your DPS they may need to deal with dinos during those final Dire Calls in the enrage. What we've found is that the tank tanking Horridon during the Dire Call seems to be the first one to get a pink dino. Not sure if that's just rng or intended but make sure your tanks are ready to deal with it.
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 2013-08-09 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I assume they are going to have issues similar to what paladins and warriors have with the enrage.
    Paladins and warriors are the best for it, with the no rng baseline phys damage reduction. Blood DK's are by far the worst for it.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    What do you mean he wont melee anyone else
    he absolutly will, however he stops to throw a tantrum often. kite denotes do not be in melee range.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Cooldowns all the way mate. "use everything you got"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    We are getting to the final phase but it seems that our tanks are just getting raped when they switch.... Its legit like, we get the wargod down and they do a tank swap and boom tank dies direcall + boss hit, I don't know what we are doing wrong but it just seems to be the issue everytime...

Logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c2845r5wcpd72fci/
    It's pretty common to have a direcall + triple puncture right after the war-god dies. Your tanks need to be aware of this and have a CD ready to mitigate it.

Looking at logs, this is exactly what your one tank died to.

Horridon attempt #8
    [21:35:55.294] Horridon Dire Call Shivering 259199
    [21:35:55.467] Shivering Blood Plague Horridon 70030
    [21:35:55.682] Qianxuesen Uplift Shivering +40127
    [21:35:55.749] Horridon Triple Puncture Shivering 375727
    [21:35:55.814] Horridon hits Shivering 164512 (O: 48777)

In less than a second your tank got hit with a 259k direcall, 375k triple puncture and a 164k melee swing. CD is needed, no excuses.

Infact, your tank is hardly even using CD's period.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4995&e=5660 This is for attempt #9.

In an 11 minute fight he used icebound fortitude once. 3 min cd means he could of used it at least 3 times, even more if he glyphed it.
    In an 11 minute fight he used vampiric blood 3 times. 1 min cd, he could of used this almost a dozen times.
    The uptime of his boneshield (another CD) and his blood shield are low.

In attempt #8 your one DK tank does not use icebound fortitude or vampiric blood the entire fight. A 10 minute fight and he didn't use a single CD....

Your tank seems squishy and does not properly manage his CD's or in some cases neglecting to use them for the damage he will be taking.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-08-12 at 02:23 PM.