Thread: H Horridon Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    It's pretty common to have a direcall + triple puncture right after the war-god dies. Your tanks need to be aware of this and have a CD ready to mitigate it.

Looking at logs, this is exactly what your one tank died to.

Horridon attempt #8
    [21:35:55.294] Horridon Dire Call Shivering 259199
    [21:35:55.467] Shivering Blood Plague Horridon 70030
    [21:35:55.682] Qianxuesen Uplift Shivering +40127
    [21:35:55.749] Horridon Triple Puncture Shivering 375727
    [21:35:55.814] Horridon hits Shivering 164512 (O: 48777)

In less than a second your tank got hit with a 259k direcall, 375k triple puncture and a 164k melee swing. CD is needed, no excuses.

Infact, your tank is hardly even using CD's period.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4995&e=5660 This is for attempt #9.

In an 11 minute fight he used icebound fortitude once. 3 min cd means he could of used it at least 3 times, even more if he glyphed it.
    In an 11 minute fight he used vampiric blood 3 times. 1 min cd, he could of used this almost a dozen times.
    The uptime of his boneshield (another CD) and his blood shield are low.

In attempt #8 your one DK tank does not use icebound fortitude or vampiric blood the entire fight. A 10 minute fight and he didn't use a single CD....

Your tank seems squishy and does not properly manage his CD's or in some cases neglecting to use them for the damage he will be taking.
    Dam, Thank you for pointing that out, how about our other tank. Shivering is a ms dps dk and wont be tanking anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're rocking out in 540ilvl gear, a tank is going to want to have a cooldown up before taunting a Rampaged Horridon.

When we killed this boss the first time, both myself (Prot Paladin) and our offtank died and the rest of the raid kited the boss for the last few % of the boss. Here is is from my PoV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESqOK4i-hz0. At the time, I'd say I was in around 520 ilvl gear.

Now, at 546, I don't need any tank swaps in P5, I just bubble after Gate 2 and Gate 4, then nuke the boss

Just make sure when you do tank swap, the tank has a cooldown up in advance to make sure he/she doesn't get globaled!!!
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

cant wait for round 3!

ya none of our tanks are over 530 no cloaks

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    cant wait for round 3!

ya none of our tanks are over 530 no cloaks
    You can definitely do it - we killed it with our tanks at 514 and 518. Good luck!

H horridon woot woot, onward to the LK... Wait I mean onward to Iron qon!