Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Do you know why the judge allowed such a defense in this particular case?
    Because the girl admitted to it.
    And it doesn't matter if a girl is on her knees begging for it.

She cannot legally consent. In knowing that she was a child, engaging in sexual activity with her was a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It's confusing because things like bringing up lower age in other countries. It implies an ideal for comparison.
    Come on man he doesn't want to lower the age of consent he's just using the fact that Japan has a lower one on his defense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeus View Post
    It's statutory rape.
    And lest not even get INTO the flaws in that system...I for one say that if someone acts the part looks the part and lies(such as sneaking into bars) then they need to take responsibility...They should NOT get off for ruining or nearly ruining someones life if THEY chose to go into a bar a place that SHOULD be adults only thus presume it is adults only. So yeah the term itself has problems and they need to be addressed as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    As I said many times in this thread, punish both parties.
    Well good thing you're not a lawmaker.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

No, with age comes experience, education and understanding. It's what growing up is.
    Wisdom =/= Intelligence.

There are many very intelligent children who know fuck all about the world, and make stupid mistakes.

There are many wise adults who couldn't add 2 and 2 together ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You know for someone who doesn't want to lower the age of consent you're doing your best to pretend it doesn't exist.
    I just believe in holding both parties responsible, she was not forced into sex so she should be punished for breaking the law.

The fact that Japan has a lower one should open your minds a tiny crack to at least make you realize that it is not as black and white as some of the people on here seem to think. At least, that would have been my intent if I were the one who posted it.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Well good thing you're not a lawmaker.
    If I was then this country would not be in such a shit state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on man he doesn't want to lower the age of consent he's just using the fact that Japan has a lower one on his defense
    I'm stuck at a scantly dressed 13 year old, being accepted as irresistible and not disgusting.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    And it doesn't matter if a girl is on her knees begging for it.

She cannot legally consent. In knowing that she was a child, engaging in sexual activity with her was a crime.
    Did you read the post I was responding to? Because my reply was context-sensitive.

I just believe in holding both parties responsible, she was not forced into sex so she should be punished for breaking the law.
    You don't really get statutory rape do you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    The fact that Japan has a lower one should open your minds a tiny crack to at least make you realize that it is not as black and white as some of the people on here seem to think. At least, that would have been my intent if I were the one who posted it.
    That was my intent, but drilling it into the minds of people in this thread would require a jackhammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Wisdom =/= Intelligence.

There are many very intelligent children who know fuck all about the world, and make stupid mistakes.

Wisdom and intelligence do not equal experience either.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

If I was then this country would not be in such a shit state.
    13 year old rape victims really dragging the UK down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Wisdom =/= Intelligence.

Doesn't matter. With adulthood comes responsibility.

Wisdom and intelligence do not equal experience either.
    And neither wisdom, intelligence nor experience equal age.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Deleted
    13 year old rape victims really dragging the UK down.
    13 year old sluts willingly shagging 40 year olds bring us down even more.

Yeah, and it's still freaking creepy. Unless you are saying you want the age of consent changed in UK, which I think I read you don't, is really a moot point.
    The age of consent is pretty high in America. When I was 15 I started dating a 12 year old, and no it wasn't a sexual relationship at that age. It was my first girlfriend ever and we were friends for 2 years before that. Shortly after I turned 16, making our age gap 4 years, but then she'd turn 13 about a month later. No one had any problems with it, not even her parents because they knew I was a good guy.

Then 2 years went by and we were still seeing each other. The day I turned 18 she was 14, turning 15 in a month. A few days after my 18th birthday her parents all a sudden did not approve of the relationship because it was now illegal according to law. We broke up, I haven't seen her in 8 years.. and it still depresses me to this day.

Why does a once legal relationship become illegal simply because we BOTH got older? Not only was she my GF, but she was my best friend. I cared greatly for her, but according to society the relationship was all a sudden wrong over night. After my experience I will never support the current age of consent laws.

That was my intent, but drilling it into the minds of people in this thread would require a jackhammer.
    You leave out the fact that Japan was youth protection laws which means no adult can have sex with any one below the age of 17.

Also prefecture overrules federal age of 13 and in just about every prefecture the age is 18.

So saying the age is 13 is incredibly misleading.

13 year old sluts willingly shagging 40 year olds bring us down even more.
    At this point I have to assume you just don't believe in the concept of age of consent.