View Poll Results: demo locks = demon hunter?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • Yes

3 12.50%
  • No

21 87.50%

Are Demonology warlocks demon hunters?

So some of us are arguing about the title in another thread.
    I just I want to know what a part of the community thinks about that topic.

some say metamorphosis, this glyph and 1-2 mele abilities in said forms are enough to say demo locks are DH.

While some other people disagree with this.

I for myself think demo locks are summoners
    And Grimoire of Supremacy and/or Grimoire of Service should be base line abilities for the demonology tree. (ofc if both would be baseline, nerf them a bit)

what do you guys think?
    are demo locks supposed to be DH?
    a reply from blizzard would be cool to clarify this ^^'

No one has said they were. People just argue theyre too close to demonology warlocks to have a place in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    why couldn't this have been posted in the first thread.

No. They are warlocks. Demon hunter is a completly different thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman aren't Shadow Hunters, but you're not going to see a Shadow Hunter class in the game because of Shaman.

Paladin-Priest
    DH-Warlock.

It says in-game that they learned Metamorphosis from Demon Hunters (Warlock green fire questline). They are not Demon Hunters.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even close with the exception of both can turn into demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    No one has said they were. People just argue theyre too close to demonology warlocks to have a place in game.
    This, It's like the people who argued that Rogues were too close to Monks, so we'd never have those... *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    They're closer to hunters than demo locks. Warlocks work with demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Shaman aren't Shadow Hunters, but you're not going to see a Shadow Hunter class in the game because of Shaman.
    I would say Shadow Hunters are different enough to be a seperate class. The reasons people say they're similar is mainly because Shaman have pilfered some Shadow Hunter abilities (totems/hex/chain heal etc). On the whole the only similarity is the spiritual theme, yet Shaman are all about elements, Shadow Hunters are all about loa/dark spirits etc.

But the main reason we won't ever have a Shadow Hunter class is because they're specifically a Troll/loa thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It says in-game that they learned Metamorphosis from Demon Hunters (Warlock green fire questline). They are not Demon Hunters.
    Apparently they learned it from Kanrethad, who in turn copied it from Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    They're closer to hunters than demo locks. Warlocks work with demons.
    More of a Combat Rogue/Fury Warrior with demonic magic.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-08-08 at 11:57 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    They are whatever blizz makes them into eventually.
    No really. That's who's at the wheel, that's who makes the call, and damned if they won't, it's theirs to do so with as they chose.
    If Demo locks end up using the power of care bear stares, it's what blizz wants.
    I sort of see the potential, it could have been, just as tanking could have EASILY happened this xpac. But they made the call/tease about it. You should post on the official forums to ask just that, it might clear up a lot of this stuff, just a simple 'dear blizz, are demo locks supposed to sort of = dh's? Is that the plan? Or? Or?" If they answer they might have something profound to say, but if it was me, I'd pull a blue troll, then string you along with tidbits that get you twisted up in the game and leave you in the dark, b/c as you all know, we locks are mushrooms as previously decided in
    Hope this has helped you in some way.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

They pretty much are. The only difference is demon hunters are melee and have 90% more angst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please keep the discussion in the very thread you mentioned in the OP.