10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!

Sha's turning good guys into bad guys

Hello, I have a pretty good theory on the Sha's and the bad villains. Before the Sundering when all the condinents were one, the sha's were across the whole of Azeroth and not just Pandaria. This could've have caused the Troll wars and the Battle of the Ancients. The trolls and night elves had greed, lust, doubt, fear, anger and... the most dangerious Sha of all, Pride. This evil emotions could've caused the wars that weren't necessary.

So... could the shas have affected evil villains like the Zandalari, Azshara and many more?

The shas only have influence on people in pandaria from what i understand. Most of the villains in Azeroth are old god crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

None of those villains show the same symptoms, and there's no evidence to support the idea that the sha ever spread beyond Pandaria.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The Sha were locked away until the arrival of the horde and alliance. However, the Sha are old god oriented, so the villains corruption by the old gods will obviously have something in common.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-08-09 at 09:08 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Shas are the result of the death of Y'shaarj and his seven heads at the hand of the titans, I dare to say this happened after the Sundering, else we'd have shas around the world.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what we've seen in the game, the energies of the Sha only seem to influence Pandaria naturally. I say naturally because Y'Shaarj's heart is removed to Orgrimmar and used to spread Sha energies there. So no.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Shas are the result of the death of Y'shaarj and his seven heads at the hand of the titans, I dare to say this happened after the Sundering, else we'd have shas around the world.
    Shaohao delt with the sha prior to the Sundering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Wait. But didn't the emperor confront the Sha prior to the Sundering?

EDIT: Dammit Stationary!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect. The Titans and their forces (watcher Ra'Den and the mogu constructs) destroyed the Old God's army (mantid and presumably others) sometime (millenia) before the War of the Ancients. The Sundering is a relatively recent occurrence in the grand scheme of things. I'd say Y'Shaarj's death occured even before the Flight of the Draenei from Argus.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of those ancient conflicts may have been caused in part by influence from the Old Gods, but the Sha come from the essence of Y'Shaarj, who was slain in the land that would become known as Pandaria, and they don't seem to have ever spread beyond that. Certainly, we've never encountered creatures exactly like the Sha beyond Pandaria's borders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oookay, i was proven wrong.
    Still, we don't have shas all around the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post
    This could've have caused the Troll wars and the Battle of the Ancients. The trolls and night elves had greed, lust, doubt, fear, anger and... the most dangerious Sha of all, Pride. This evil emotions could've caused the wars that weren't necessary.
    This part made me chuckle. What is so evil in lust, doubt, and especially pride?
    Some of those ancient conflicts may have been caused in part by influence from the Old Gods, but the Sha come from the essence of Y'Shaarj, who was slain in the land that would become known as Pandaria, and they don't seem to have ever spread beyond that
    Probably because pandaren never knew what is sex, never thought twice before making any decision, and had no pride whatsoever. In other words: easy target for all kind of bad occurences and caused wrath of old god for defying natural emotions, which are standard for any living creature without mental and "moral" deviations. Sorry, if I offended someone, I usually pretend to ignore connection of Sha to natural emotions, otherwise I can't take Sha seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    This part made me chuckle. What is so evil in lust, doubt, and especially pride?

Probably because pandaren never knew what is sex, never thought twice before making any decision, and had no pride whatsoever. In other words: easy target for all kind of bad occurences and caused wrath of old god for defying natural emotions, which are standard for any living creature without mental and "moral" deviations. Sorry, if I offended someone, I usually pretend to ignore connection of Sha to natural emotions, otherwise I can't take Sha seriously.
    All three can make one too focused on petty details instead of the big picture.

Lust: I'm too focused on fucking to deal with a possible enemy invasion.

Pride: I'd rather build monuments to myself instead of helping masses of the poor.

Doubt: I don't think I'm good enough to do this, so I won't even try.

Gotta actually think for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    All three can make one too focused on petty details instead of the big picture.
    Lust: I'm too focused on fucking to deal with a possible enemy invasion.
    Pride: I'd rather build monuments to myself instead of helping masses of the poor.
    Doubt: I don't think I'm good enough to do this, so I won't even try.
    Gotta actually think for once.
    As much as they are negative, they are positive as well - most likely even more positive than negative.
    We would be nowhere if we didn't have any of those "negative" emotions in our world and I would assume the same could be said about the Warcraft universe.
    It's to bad they had to focus on the "cliché 7 sins/emotions" - you can create some great twists otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    As much as they are negative, they are positive as well - most likely even more positive than negative.
    We would be nowhere if we didn't have any of those "negative" emotions in our world and I would assume the same could be said about the Warcraft universe.
    Of course they can be positive, just remember what Emperor Shaohao tells us: "Pride. It is the most insidious of sha. It is good until it is bad"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if its sha influence or im just evil , but everytime i do sha of anger i just cant say no to saving all cd's and putting max buffed dooms on mc'd people, and then watching them die mid air after they already left grp ;p