10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Project Runway

What is everyone thinking of this season's designers? I can't stand Sandro but I suspect he's being forced to cause that drama.

He stormed off the set and smashed one of the cameras that was following him. How much more of a child can you get?
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-09 at 02:22 AM.

I'm new to watching the show, I just started in the middle of last season. This season seems to have a lot more drama (putting Timothy and Miranda? together seems like it was designed to create a meltdown). I also hope the designers become more skilled as the season goes on because I haven't been impressed by anything they've made yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did notice that this crop seems to be less technically able, true. luckily Sandro is gone for good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I did notice that this crop seems to be less technically able, true. luckily Sandro is gone for good
    That's been the general trend for how many seasons now… four, five? They've been trying to compensate the lacking skill with drama (team challenge edition… really…) but the show hasn't had a good villain since Poison Ivy — although she was eclipsed by the whole Gretchen fiasco in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    That's been the general trend for how many seasons now… four, five? They've been trying to compensate the lacking skill with drama (team challenge edition… really…) but the show hasn't had a good villain since Poison Ivy — although she was eclipsed by the whole Gretchen fiasco in the end.
    Yes but I did really like Michelle from last season very much. I miss the dynamics of that particular one 'cause it felt like the least dramatic season I've seen in a while. Yeah the "teams" challenge was meant to cover up some pretty lacking talent in some people but it also seemed to reduce the serious drama that I'm seeing in this season.

At least both Timothy and Sandro are gone.

Deleted
    Yes but I did really like Michelle from last season very much. I miss the dynamics of that particular one 'cause it felt like the least dramatic season I've seen in a while. Yeah the "teams" challenge was meant to cover up some pretty lacking talent in some people but it also seemed to reduce the serious drama that I'm seeing in this season.
    I would say it was a little less dramatic because there were not that many strong/eccentric personalities. I agree that Michelle was pretty good though — she always managed to pull through despite getting partnered with the worst possible teammates. Her finale collection was a little meh, but obviously miles ahead of the other two.

So far, I must say that I'm quite impressed with some of the improvements they've made this season. Especially the judging changes.

At least both Timothy and Sandro are gone.

About time. If exposing your model's cooch doesn't deserve an auf, I don't know what does. I also felt really sad for Timothy's model when he tried to force her to do that silly choreography. The poor girl was in tears.

Minor aside: I don't get why the judges are so besotted with Kate. Marie Antoinette? Bitch, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy that Sandro is gone and I hope they don't bring him back for the All-Star shows and such. He's just a toxic, hot mess. Not something that I want to watch.

Dom is probably my favorite so far. She quirky and adorable. Loved the blue monster outfit she did w/Alexandria (it felt more Dom than Alexandria).
    I LOVED Bradon's necktie outfit. His model looked amazing from head to toe. And he's adorable.
    Kate has been on a role. I didn't care for her last season but she's focused and has a better attitude this go around.

Deleted
    /cast Resurrection

So about last episode. It was really disappointing that Tim used his 'get out of jail' free card to save Justin. He hasn't produced a single noteworthy garment yet. So essentially he saved him because he was a nice guy. And deaf. It's a horrible thing to say, but there it is.

I can only imagine that the decision really came from the producers, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got auf'ed again within the next two episodes (as it often happens with those designers that get a second chance).

Bradon's dress was appallingly bad, but I guess he was safe to compensate for getting robbed last week. I'm also getting a little tired of Gay Daddy and his constant appeals to emotion (first the kids, then the dead granny, now a love letter to his husband…).

10+ Year Old Account

So about last episode. It was really disappointing that Tim used his 'get out of jail' free card to save Justin. He hasn't produced a single noteworthy garment yet. So essentially he saved him because he was a nice guy. And deaf. It's a horrible thing to say, but there it is.
    I agree. He's always been safe and nothing was particularly amazing

Bradon's dress was appallingly bad, but I guess he was safe to compensate for getting robbed last week. I'm also getting a little tired of Gay Daddy and his constant appeals to emotion (first the kids, then the dead granny, now a love letter to his husband…).
    Really? I kinda like it..probably because my partner and I are in a relationship much akin to his.

Deleted
    Really? I kinda like it..probably because my partner and I are in a relationship much akin to his.
    It's way over-the-top in my opinion, and his passive-aggressive snide remarks about the other contestants are just irritating. He punctuates everything with a fake smile, which is even more aggravating. Leaving his personality aside, I just don't like his clothes. That top he put together looked like someone had thrown wet toilet paper at the model.

I didn't know Joanna Coles had ditched Marie Claire for Cosmo! The new editor-in-chief just looked a little bored tbh. The challenge was iffy. They picked the ugliest pairs they could possibly find. Props to Helen for her look — personally, I would've added some studs to the cape, but the construction was spot on. I didn't mind Miranda getting auf'ed, but I'm not sure it was the worst of the bunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's way over-the-top in my opinion, and his passive-aggressive snide remarks about the other contestants are just irritating. He punctuates everything with a fake smile, which is even more aggravating. Leaving his personality aside, I just don't like his clothes. That top he put together looked like someone had thrown wet toilet paper at the model.

I didn't know Joanna Coles had ditched Marie Claire for Cosmo! The new editor-in-chief just looked a little bored tbh. The challenge was iffy. They picked the ugliest pairs they could possibly find. Props to Helen for her look — personally, I would've added some studs to the cape, but the construction was spot on. I didn't mind Miranda getting auf'ed, but I'm not sure it was the worst of the bunch.
    I can see your point.

I turned off the episode tonight for a minute before fast-forwarding so I could avoid that ridiculous drama about 15 minutes. I want to see people put together their designs and get judged, not see them act like a 12 year-old.

Deleted
    II turned off the episode tonight for a minute before fast-forwarding so I could avoid that ridiculous drama about 15 minutes. I want to see people put together their designs and get judged, not see them act like a 12 year-old.
    Well, you didn't miss anything. I blame the transition from the 45-min to the one-hour format. Instead of focusing on the creative process or the critiques from the judges, they just went for the drama. If that's what sells these days, more power to them. But I still miss the early seasons on Bravo.

Possibly the most uninspiring challenge yet. What a snoozefest.

They were showing their collections at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week today. So we should get a sneak peek soon-ish. There will be decoys, but it's usually easy to separate the wheat from the chaff.