Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braithe View Post
    Hey guys- I have a weapon question and would love some help. I'm currently DW and want to keep it that way for obvious reasons but only my MH is heroic at the moment. My MH is Heroic Zeeg's Ancient Kegsmasher, but my OH is still normal Wu-Lai, Bladed Fan of the Consorts.

I got Heroic Jalak's Maelstrom Staff from one of our last HM runs before the patch but i don't know if I should use it or keep what I have. Can anyone give me the math on how to decide if a 2H is an upgrade over a DW setup?
    I was once in similiar situation, except i had thunderforged heroic jalak staff and heroic and normal 1h weapons. I then used simcraft to sim them and got same dps on both setups ( well 200 dps difference or so). With the staff i was few % over hitcap tought. So i would say they are about equal and you dont notice much difference either way.

Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    I was once in similiar situation, except i had thunderforged heroic jalak staff and heroic and normal 1h weapons. I then used simcraft to sim them and got same dps on both setups ( well 200 dps difference or so). With the staff i was few % over hitcap tought. So i would say they are about equal and you dont notice much difference either way.
    Using the heroic fist + lfr Fist from twins simC gave me a 3k increase over jalaks staff.

Thank you guys. As always i appreciate the help. Just didn't wanna blow a bunch of gold and time gemming, reforging and enchanting if it's a push.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Another fun thing to note is that FoF snapshots attack power [Agility] when it is cast and uses that amount throughout the entire channel.
    Sorry, but I know for sure that each tick of Fists of Fury is its own individual "skill hit" so the damage changes based on your stats at tick time. It does not snapshot. Was this changed in 5.4?
    Last edited by Senka; 2013-09-09 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    Sorry, but I know for sure that each tick of Fists of Fury is its own individual "skill hit" so the damage changes based on your stats at tick time. It does not snapshot. Was this changed in 5.4?
    Never changed. The only thing that FoF doesn't snapshot is % damage increasing abilities like Tigereye Brew.

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    It's functioned that way since beta. Go to a target dummy with agi proc trinkets, use FoF, /cancelaura trinket buffs mid-channel, watch as the ticks don't change. Literally just did this on live to double check.

Oh, I apologize. That must be what wore off when I saw the damage go down. But if it updates with TEB, why not an Agility proc? Especially considering most things don't update dynamically with % dmg buffs (which is what caused the RoRo hilarity), that's weird. Anyway, those two trinkets seemed likely to be the best anyway, so thanks for your efforts in figuring this out.

FoF is a weird ability, we could ask why it snapshots everything but percentage damage buffs, or we could ask why we have to stand still to channel a melee attack, or we could ask why it's an AoE but it splits damage with other targets (which has never once been more preferable to me than all of the damage being on one target, only the stun being aoe is a benefit). It's best to try not to think about what would make sense when talking about FoF :S

FoF is a weird ability, we could ask why it snapshots everything but percentage damage buffs, or we could ask why we have to stand still to channel a melee attack, or we could ask why it's an AoE but it splits damage with other targets (which has never once been more preferable to me than all of the damage being on one target, only the stun being aoe is a benefit). It's best to try not to think about what would make sense when talking about FoF :S
    Honestly, if they wanted us to use FoF that much without changing how it works at all, they really should have tied an extra passive to it in order to make using it even when potentially making RSK go off late a priority. A simple "Each hit causes your next RSK to do +3% damage. This effect stacks" passive would have been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Honestly, if they wanted us to use FoF that much without changing how it works at all, they really should have tied an extra passive to it in order to make using it even when potentially making RSK go off late a priority. A simple "Each hit causes your next RSK to do +3% damage. This effect stacks" passive would have been fine.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the ability is reworked entirely in 6.0, along with another new mastery, possible changes to TEB, and the addition of an actual DPS cooldown that isn't a talent.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ability is reworked entirely in 6.0, along with another new mastery, possible changes to TEB, and the addition of an actual DPS cooldown that isn't a talent.
    Wouldn't surprise me. WW was kind of bland. Lost a lot of the unique stuff we had like Statue of Xuen. I feel like they weren't happy with the original version but couldn't figure out how they wanted us to play otherwise, hence the constant mastery changes

We can only dream. The spec needs an overhaul, but only if Blizz admits that it's in need of help. They're more likely to try and make a square peg fit a round hole with all their might (or ignore it all together), and then blame the player base for its poor performance and representation.

Deleted
    Hello Guys, i might need some help here. Yesterday i got AoC and since i just had 530 trinkets before there was no doubt for me to take it. For some strange reason SimC tells me tho, that this upgrade just got me an ~4k dps increase. I thought that would be way more. Also i looked at my abilities and noticed just 2 cds went down: Energizing Brew and Fortyfying Brew. I thought RSK would go down a little too, since its an main ability and 42% cdr should bring 8sec to ~5sec. Obviously i missunderstood something here, can u guys help me in order to understand this trinket?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radu View Post
    Hello Guys, i might need some help here. Yesterday i got AoC and since i just had 530 trinkets before there was no doubt for me to take it. For some strange reason SimC tells me tho, that this upgrade just got me an ~4k dps increase. I thought that would be way more. Also i looked at my abilities and noticed just 2 cds went down: Energizing Brew and Fortyfying Brew. I thought RSK would go down a little too, since its an main ability and 42% cdr should bring 8sec to ~5sec. Obviously i missunderstood something here, can u guys help me in order to understand this trinket?
    RSK is not one of the abilities that it decreases the CD time on. IIRC its EB, FB, Zen Med, Transcendence, and FSK.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    RSK is not one of the abilities that it decreases the CD time on. IIRC its EB, FB, Zen Med, Transcendence, and FSK.

And FoF. But those 5 are all correct.

Deleted
    It's a pretty terrible trinket - not surprised its such a small increase.
    Last edited by mmoc3d907a70fd; 2013-11-22 at 05:28 PM.