First time build, need some advice. 1k-1200$ budget

Budget - Looking around 1k-1200 CAD
    Resolution - 1920x1080
    Games / Settings Desired - Playing World of Warcraft almost exclusively and would like to be able to run it on Ultra if budget allows. I do other stuff like surfing, music, skype, etc. while playing wow, not sure how this effects it.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) - Might stream a bit but not sure if this belongs here or not.
    Country - Canada
    Parts that can be reused - None
    Do you need an OS? - Yes, likely windows 8
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? - Monitor. Would like a decent gaming keyboard but don't include those in budget, just list some suggestions as I'm not sure I want to upgrade keyboard at this moment.

Also willing to look at anything pre built that is a good deal and meets the criteria of my list but the prospect of starting to learn to build my own is cool.
    As I said this is my first build and I basically have no clue in this area, any places I should check for help with assembly? Thanks in advance for the help and looking forward to the suggestions.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this and not sure if it changes things, but I most likely won't be hard-lined in a lot of the time. Our line is fixated in a part of the house I don't like to spend much time in so I'll need wireless capabilities (don't know if this is standard or something important to mention)

EDIT 2: Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this thread, got insanely busy the last 2 days and it was unexpected.

Some things have changed in the last 2 days and a laptop may be the better investment for me now (though I still want a desktop). I don't know if I should (can) build a laptop or if I should buy prebuilt. Any suggestions on a laptop? Same requirements as my OP, willing to go to the 1.2k end of the budget. Is it possible to get a laptop that will run Ultra with good FPS in this budget? I don't even really know.
    If anyone has alternate suggestions for a desktop feel free to post them as if it is possible for me at all I will be going with the desktop. Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the lists so far and am having some fun going over them and checking parts out.
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-08-11 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    If you take your time (!) and watch some guides, you should have no problem with the assembly. I would recommend the following build for <1k, but also recommend getting a 120GB+ SSD if you can spare the extra money:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($243.16 @ DirectCanada)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.46 @ DirectCanada)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($104.44 @ DirectCanada)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.00 @ Vuugo)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.50 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 1GB Video Card ($139.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: BitFenix Shinobi ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg Canada)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
    Monitor: Asus VE248Q 24.0" Monitor ($136.00 @ Vuugo)
    Total: $997.31
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 06:01 EDT-0400)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a starting point (this is by no stretch a finalized build just something to work off).

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($124.99 @ NCIX)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.75 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($269.99 @ Memory Express)
    Case: Silverstone Redline Series RL04B ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.98 @ Newegg Canada)
    Total: $1111.85
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 06:06 EDT-0400)

I will help more if others haven't solved it for you when I knock off work tomorrow.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're on a 1-1,2k budget, please don't buy a 650Ti. At least go for a 660 or 660Ti if possible. My 2 cents.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Here's what I'd suggest you: changes from slasher0161 build commented below.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 74.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Memory Express)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($124.99 @ NCIX)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.75 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($269.99 @ Memory Express)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($52.79 @ Newegg Canada)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ NCIX)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Total: $1222.44
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 07:47 EDT-0400)

Added a CPU cooler for overclocking. Buying an overclockable chip and board and then not taking advantage of them is pretty silly.
    Changed the VGA to MSI, their cooler is definitely better than the EVGA one.
    Changed the case, that Silverstone only comes with a front fan. You at the very least want two (one in the front and one in the back) to get good airflow inside your case.
    Changed the power supply. That OCZ isn't exactly a quality one, and PSU blowing on you can easily damage other components.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    So unlike the others I went a bit over bare minimum needs so you can see your options. I'll include justifications

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($143.20 @ DirectCanada)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($248.75 @ Vuugo)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.75 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($269.99 @ Memory Express)
    Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N53 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($37.33 @ Newegg Canada)
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($169.98 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.75 @ DirectCanada)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($18.75 @ Vuugo)
    Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor ($169.99 @ Newegg Canada)
    Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($128.00 @ Vuugo)
    Total: $1877.63
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 07:44 EDT-0400)

Justifications

CPU: Doesn't look like you need an i7, opted for i5. Should be fine. If you plan on streaming/rendering more, feel free to upgrade to i7-4770k
    CPU Cooler: Not a necessity to get the H100i over the 212 Evo. Its a more expensive option but it allows for more overclocking headroom and I believe it is quieter. It has favorable reviews.
    Motherboard: The Z87-A has usually been referred to as the 'go to' motherboard for builds that aren't on a tight budget. Its filled with features and in my opinion it looks great. Reviews seem to favor it more than the Z87X-D3H from Gigabyte.
    RAM: 1600Mhz is perfect and you won't need more than 8GB RAM.
    Storage: Picked a 256GB SSD for a snappy operating system and plenty of space to put your favorite games such as World of Warcraft and any other games you may play. It allows for a better experience like instant loading screens. Many people will shoot me for suggesting the 'pro' version of the SSD to which I will cite Marest as a defense:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    This conclusion summarizes fairly well why the 840 PRO is the suggested SSD in the high-end builds:
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/sto..._10.html#sect0

You can also read Anandtech's review here:
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6328/s...o-256gb-review
    Storage #2) 1TB HDD for all your needs. Chose caviar blue over black because its not an operating system drive.

Video Card: With your budget you can afford a much better card than the 650 Ti boost. The 760 is a great card and will make sure it can tackle almost every current game at high settings at 1920x1080

Wireless network adapter: Not sure if you needed one but included a viable option nevertheless if you do need Wi-Fi capabilities.

Case: This is personal preference. I picked an expensive case so any other choice will likely mean a decrease in price, not an increase. I personally have this case and I love it. You don't need to buy case fans as there are already some ok fans in the build. I used this case for my first build and I LOVED it. It was very easy to work with and I did great cable management with it. I also love how it looks.

PSU: I picked a modular corsair one because these have gotten favorable reviews and this allows you, if you ever want, to add Corsair's SEXY sleeved cables. I love the red cables: http://www.legitreviews.com/images/r...ved-cables.jpg

Optical drive: Not sure if you wanted one, included one anyways

Operating System: I hate Windows 8 and I'd pick Windows 7 any day of the week but you requested Windows 8 in the OP so I picked that.

Monitor: The others have suggested a non-IPS monitor. I think with such a budget you deserve the glorious colors of IPS, especially in World of Warcraft. Its a great experience and you can afford it, so why not?

Keyboard: The Corsair K70 has gotten much love from reviewers and users. I personally like the black version with red LEDs. Here's a review: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages..._review,1.html

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need any help or have any questions

Edit: I misread the title as 1k-2000$ budget. You can ignore me. Sorry
    Last edited by Ripox; 2013-08-09 at 12:06 PM.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this thread, got insanely busy the last 2 days and it was unexpected.

Some things have changed in the last 2 days and a laptop may be the better investment for me now (though I still want a desktop). I don't know if I should (can) build a laptop or if I should buy prebuilt. Any suggestions on a laptop? Same requirements as my OP, willing to go to the 1.2k end of the budget. Is it possible to get a laptop that will run Ultra with good FPS in this budget? I don't even really know.
    If anyone has alternate suggestions for a desktop feel free to post them as if it is possible for me at all I will be going with the desktop. Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the lists so far and am having some fun going over them and checking parts out.
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-08-11 at 02:14 PM.