5.3 - 5.4 Legendary Cloak Question (Help please!!!)

So I am coming back to wow, and am in the understanding that you can get your legendary cloak the day 5.4 goes live. However, I am sure some work needs to be done in 5.3.

What quest line / what steps / What needs to be farmed in 5.3 in order to get your cloak in 5.4?

Also, is there anything else you can recommend a newbie player doing in 5.3 in preparation for 5.4 ?

Thanks in advance!!

-Shizzank

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.icy-veins.com/breath-of-t...quest-line-wow

As far as just in general getting ready, since you asked this question, are you up to date on everything that's going on? Between icy-veins, wowhead.com little news guides and the MMO community there's a lot of info about new things and things to come that may help you.

First, thank you so much for the speedy reply, I am mainly a pvp'r , and am up to date with class changes, and pvp changes, but am going to make the switch to pve, as I now find pvp too easy. but any insight is greatly appreciated and again thank you for the link !

- - - Updated - - -

Also, am i correct in reading that I have to slay PVE Raid bosses in 5.3 in order to get the cloak? does LFR count or does it have to be legit grouping?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't done 1 thing yet for the legendary questline, then expect to be stuck for another half year before you can get the legendary cloak, because you gotta do alot of stuff, and alot of weekly raid kills. And yes LFR does count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shizzank View Post
    Also, am i correct in reading that I have to slay PVE Raid bosses in 5.3 in order to get the cloak? does LFR count or does it have to be legit grouping?
    You grind the LFR until your eyes bleed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Or you just do Normal raiding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Your profile pic looks like James Hetfield

OP just head find the orange ! in shrine when you get there and follow the quests. I doubt you'll be done before 5.4 though tbh.

Deleted
    If you are coming back and havn't even started on the quest, it will take you atleast 3 months~ to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by proplayerofdoom View Post
    If you are coming back and havn't even started on the quest, it will take you atleast 3 months~ to catch up.

Everyone saying 3+ months, but if I do the quests, and just farm Raid Finder, although I cannot recieve loot from a boss but only one time, surely killing the boss still counts for the questline, as I recieve instant queues, what am I missing that will take me months to farm? As LFR is a simple queue, any insight is appreciated, Im sure im missing something, but am very grateful for the help in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    If you haven't done 1 thing yet for the legendary questline, then expect to be stuck for another half year before you can get the legendary cloak, because you gotta do alot of stuff, and alot of weekly raid kills. And yes LFR does count.
    Half a year? I think you're a bit off there. I've been 90 for 7 weeks and I'm at 5/20 secrets. If we then consider that Secrets and Runestones will be easier to come by next patch as well, it's definitely no more than 3 months from start to end.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone saying 3+ months, but if I do the quests, and just farm Raid Finder, although I cannot recieve loot from a boss but only one time, surely killing the boss still counts for the questline, as I recieve instant queues, what am I missing that will take me months to farm? As LFR is a simple queue, any insight is appreciated, Im sure im missing something, but am very grateful for the help in advance
    First part - Sigils of Power + Wisdom
    This can take 2-4 weeks depending on RNG if you just do LFR

Second part: 3000 valor
    3 weeks, obviously

Third part: 20 Secrets of the Empire
    This can take a while depending on RNG, 4-8 weeks possibly. But it's being made quicker next patch.

Fourth part: Runestones
    Pain in the arse atm but being buffed a lot next patch. Not sure how long it takes right now.

If we add it all up it's about 12-15 weeks depending on luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    first you need 10 sigils of widsom/power from msv/hof/toes , then you need to get 3k valor points=3 weeks, then you need 20 secrets of the empire from ToT which take like 5 weeks and then you need another 12 titan runestones that take like another 5 weeks+. and you only get a chance to loot it 1 time every week.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, you only get 1 chance per boss, per week, to receive one of the quest items.

So per week, if you run all the raids (no matter what difficulty), you get:
    28 chances to get Sigils of Wisdom/Sigils of Oower, from the bosses in MSV, HoF, ToES and ToT. (need 10 of each)
    12 chances to get Secrets of the Empire, from the bosses in ToT. (need 20 of those)
    6 chances to get Titan Runestones, from the last 6 bosses in ToT. (need 12 of those)

There's also a part where you have to get 3k VP, so that's an additional 3 weeks.

5.4 will increase the droprate of the secrets/runestones and the first 6 bosses in SoO will also drop sigils/secrets/runestones.
    It'll take months because the secrets and runestones don't exactly have a high droprate.

I think you misunderstood the comment about ''you can get the legendary cloak the day 5.4 is released'' as that only counts for the people that already have the iLvl 600 cloak. (as they simply have to complete the last step, which is pretty easy)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    I think right now, with the buffs to the Sigils of Wisdom and Power, you might be looking at:
    1 to 2 weeks for Sigils
    3 weeks for Valor
    3 to 4 weeks for Secrets
    5 to 6 weeks for Titans

For 12 to 15 weeks total. With the new ways to get Secrets and Titans being announced, and you run all possible chances, should probably cut the last two parts in half. Just start now, and get to where you can get before patch drops. Best case scenario, even if it comes out soon, is you are into your Secrets by mid September.