Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not sure I agree with you there Mel. I mean in Factions there is no hidden enemy, no real plot twist there. Perhaps in Nightfall there was more of that but it became obvious after that starter island.

Well at least it isn't like in WoW where any interesting character they make turns insane so you could kill it in a raid.

They used that plot twist like 3 times. Anet only made like 5 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well at least it isn't like in WoW where any interesting character they make turns insane so you could kill it in a raid.
    Hmmm, completely wrong imo, please elaborate, but pm me so we don't derail the thread in to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Hmmm, completely wrong imo, please elaborate, but pm me so we don't derail the thread in to wow.
    I'm not going to get into that, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all we know they could announce the expansion O.O;

Then you shouldn't have brought it up >.>;
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post

Then you shouldn't have brought it up >.>;
    yeah, I really don't care

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Questioning how anyone can even think for a second that end raid bosses weren't at some point interesting characters that they felt the need to throw the insane stick up their ass just to make us fight them rather than working more on their character to show us exactly why we should fight them. Lore wasn't exactly shown nearly as well as it could have been to show us the exact reason we had to fight some of these high profile bosses.

Now to get things more on topic GW could have used some of this for some of it's more "interesting" characters(Trahearne comes to mind). We had a reason to kill the dragons and it showed for Zhaitan during the story, however outside of the living story there could have been some form of deceit from a built up character just to get away from the whole terrible character showing up in everyones story at some point and taking over when the player character was turning out to be a much better leader.

Not sure I agree with you there Mel. I mean in Factions there is no hidden enemy, no real plot twist there. Perhaps in Nightfall there was more of that but it became obvious after that starter island.

Arthas and Illidan were crazy long before WoW. The screwed up Hellscream (should have made it about the demonic blood and not about some weird pride ghost), but everyone else that mattered was crazy before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah my mistake, thought you would be able to back up your aspersions dooze (in a pm). Doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    Arthas and Illidan were crazy long before WoW. The screwed up Hellscream (should have made it about the demonic blood and not about some weird pride ghost), but everyone else that mattered was crazy before.
    This is why dooze is wrong imo, only arthas springs to mind with the whole non crazy to crazy aspect, everyone else was demons or crazy already. Also the wording, any interesting character goes insane, just paints an unnecessarily derogatory picture of the lore.

I can't see Ellen Kiel turning aetherblade. She already hindered them (well we did but she took credit) extensively and shes been with that norn since she was a kid.

I think the aetherblades create the steam creatures and the facility are leaking portals from the future but I don't think the aetherblades now are from the future like the steam creatures.

I think the steam creatures run off dragon magic which is what the inquest were researching in CoE

Arthas, Garrosh, Illidan.... most sub villians before the final boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Arthas, Garrosh, Illidan.... most sub villians before the final boss.
    I was more centering on the quote that says any interesting character, i found many interesting characters that havent gone insane. Maybe im jsut being a pedant forget it. Move on, no more wow.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-08-12 at 07:27 PM.

Ah my mistake, thought you would be able to back up your aspersions dooze (in a pm). Doesn't matter.
    yeah I forgot what site I'm on. Anyway, it's just I don't care about it enough to really discuss. I haven't played wow for a couple of years and when I did I wasn't really into the lore. All I remember is that it seemed like they always tried to turn interesting NPC's into a raid boss eventually.

I was more centering on the quote that says any interesting character, i found many interesting characters that havent gone insane.
    Jaina should have gone insane. If you blew up my town I'd probably send Dalaran crashing down right into Orgrimmar

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I forgot what site I'm on. Anyway, it's just I don't care about it enough to really discuss. I haven't played wow for a couple of years and when I did I wasn't really into the lore. All I remember is that it seemed like they always tried to turn interesting NPC's into a raid boss eventually.
    Aye, well, back to anet, apologies, I did just want to keep it in a pm.

well sorry I brought it up in the first place. I guess my original point was that I find the lore in the guild wars universe having a lot more continuity than most mmorpgs that I have played.

Drop the World of Warcraft lore discussion.

-- Fencers

I guess my original point was that I find the lore in the guild wars universe having a lot more continuity than most mmorpgs that I have played.
    I honestly can't think of anything I've ever been interested in that wasn't faulty in this regard. You mentioned MMOs, but long running TV series or even book series suffer from this as well. The former with too many changing writers that don't bother to educate themselves on the show's history and the latter due to authors forgetting their own stuff. :P So, if Anet can be/is the exception that'll be cool.

Well not saying they are perfect in that regard, just a bit better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I haven't found a reason to not go berserker.
    Here is a reason:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...mbit-faceroll/

Back to the subject on hand. Yes, I would prefer to have more alternatives, and there is for Engineers, the problem is that people will always drift to the highest DPS. The difference between Rabid and Rampager for engineers is about 2% DPS. Guess which one people pick? Hell, they even go for Berserker which is only really relevant if the bosses die exceptionally quickly.

I would love to see more traits that give damage benefits for other stats to make the other gear more appealing. Would also love to see healing taking on a bit more value in PVE to make it worthwhile to pursue. I just don't see how they can balance fights around the berserker zerg tactics without introducing content that is exclusive to hardcore players and that sort breaks a big part of the casual nature of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I just don't see how they can balance fights around the berserker zerg tactics without introducing content that is exclusive to hardcore players and that sort breaks a big part of the casual nature of the game.
    How do you think the zerkers would react if there was a new diminishing return that made too much berserker redundant?