Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What the fuck. You guys fucked me.

There's a Demo of Saints Row 4 in the fucking PS3 store. WHY WAS THIS NOT MADE KNOWN TO ME?! Downloading it now but tomorrow is the release@@@@

- - - Updated - - -

1.2 Gb download for those curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What the fuck. You guys fucked me.

There's a Demo of Saints Row 4 in the fucking PS3 store. WHY WAS THIS NOT MADE KNOWN TO ME?! Downloading it now but tomorrow is the release@@@@
    It's really not a demo, it's just the character creator so you can make your character and save it for launch.

Oh really? It said something like Saints Row 4 Inauguration" so ya. I thought it would just be like a really early intro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Inauguration is character creation. You same them to your account.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Ya I actually just went through it. It's kind of neat, they have a lot of cool options.

Although I just stuck with almost everything default besides some taunts and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I actually just went through it. It's kind of neat, they have a lot of cool options.

Although I just stuck with almost everything default besides some taunts and stuff.
    It's really no different then the SR:3 version. In fact you can import your character from the previous game and load it up into the new one. The polygon count is bumped up a bit, but that's about it. Even the same clothing etc options. But that's OK by me frankly.

- - - Updated - - -

It has begun!

Game's out, time to play.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Dat intro, not quite as delightfully silly as SR3, but all the references packed in more than made up for it. If the rest of the game is like this, I shall thoroughly enjoy myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Dat intro, not quite as delightfully silly as SR3, but all the references packed in more than made up for it. If the rest of the game is like this, I shall thoroughly enjoy myself.
    Yeah, i can't wait to get my copy to play.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

Deleted
    Destructoid has a review up of SR4: http://www.destructoid.com/review-sa...v-259412.phtml
    It seems like he thinks the problems from SR3 has been fixed in the 4th one.

Love how they just say to go with it when someone questions something that doesn't make any sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    After watching this video a few days age, the game went from "day 1" status to "maybe in a steam sale after a year or two" status.
    I prefer the over the top gangster superstar theme. I don't like the new direction, didn't really enjoy Prototype, Infamous or Crackdown either, but I guess the superhero open world setting has it's fanbase.
    I don't know if it was TB not doing justice to the game, but the whole gameplay footage looks ultra boring, generic and indeed more fitting as a DLC from The Third.
    To be honest we don't know how long the main story is. He did say he had been playing it for 7 hours at that time and he was in no way fully upgraded, so I can assume the game lasts a whole longer then that, especially since TB does have a tendancy to run through games.

That said, while I do like some of the superpowers, I do feel that some others make some aspects of the game... irrelevant. Why care about cars if you can run super fast? Why care about planes if you can fly? Why care about your gang or even guns if you can throw fireballs and kick cars around? This takes a lot from the fun of the game in my view, I loved Saints Row 3 but I loved it because, in the end, even if it was crazy... it was still a gangster game and you could die, you had use of the vehicles, you had use of your gang, you were the gangster leader. In the new game you're a superhero president... seems to have left the gangster ideas fully.

3 was fucking awesome. Honestly I'm sketchy about 4. The superhero part makes it look...weird and not challenging lol.
    Agreed. I was super excited about it, but seeing previews it made me a little skeptic so I'll wait for more reviews. I still plan to buy it, but would rather see full reviews of it first.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, being a simulation, none of the superhero stuff is "real".

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting the game now! I can't wait to play it, and I really hope I don't get called into work :{
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

This just became Saints Row 4 Megathread. Edge, change the title.

Btw NO SPOILERS. I didn't get mine yet, but I plan to play on hard (which means I guess I have to play slowly and do challenges to rank up in reputation so I don't get raped in the later story...) so. I hope I won't finish for a few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just became Saints Row 4 Megathread. Edge, change the title.

Btw NO SPOILERS. I didn't get mine yet, but I plan to play on hard (which means I guess I have to play slowly and do challenges to rank up in reputation so I don't get raped in the later story...) so. I hope I won't finish for a few days.
    It is noticeably more challenging, if for no other reason then your health doesn't regenerate in combat.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It is noticeably more challenging, if for no other reason then your health doesn't regenerate in combat.
    Yea, enemies, (and pedestrians with an unlockable perk) drop health orbs that are just blue + signs, I'm not gonna lie, I like this change. Instead of hiding in cover waiting for health to regen, I have to stay in battle, or kill some innocent dude but, still, it's nice. Only had 2 hours to play it yesterday, about to start again, hoping to get my first superpower to see how all that mess is. I just wanna shoot lightning bolts really.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2013-08-20 at 09:44 PM.

You guys are making me so jealous.

10+ Year Old Account
    didn't think this game was out until september! might have to pick this up next month when i got some money

if its as good as SR3 it'll be good for me!
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how long I've actually played because for some reason steam isn't recording it correctly, but it has probably been over 4 hours with only 11% complete and I'm addicted! I was kinda skeptical about the whole "super power" thing, however, it makes a lot of sense with the story. I've also spent a lot of time just running around collecting those data cluster things on top of the buildings and its pretty addicting. I don't like how similar the movement superpower mechanics are to Prototype, I think they could have gone a more saints row path and made it a lot more outlandish.

In the end, lots of laughs were had, and I can't wait to play some more tomorrow.

Also, I have a question. Is the Co-op campaign a completely separate campaign or is it just random quests that you can play with other players? The reason I ask is because while I was playing single player I came up to a challenge that said something along the lines of "Play co-op to play this mission."
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I don't know how long I've actually played because for some reason steam isn't recording it correctly, but it has probably been over 4 hours with only 11% complete and I'm addicted! I was kinda skeptical about the whole "super power" thing, however, it makes a lot of sense with the story. I've also spent a lot of time just running around collecting those data cluster things on top of the buildings and its pretty addicting. I don't like how similar the movement superpower mechanics are to Prototype, I think they could have gone a more saints row path and made it a lot more outlandish.

In the end, lots of laughs were had, and I can't wait to play some more tomorrow.

Also, I have a question. Is the Co-op campaign a completely separate campaign or is it just random quests that you can play with other players? The reason I ask is because while I was playing single player I came up to a challenge that said something along the lines of "Play co-op to play this mission."
    Saints Row 3 co-op campaign was the same as singleplayer. It looks like they've added some activities that are limited to co-op now, though.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7