Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Help Choosing Which Class to Main

Hey everyone, I often stalk the forums but rarely do I post. I am comming to the forums for a bit of help choosing which class to play for the up comming season. Please, please, please don't take this as I want to know what is going to be FoTM so I can re roll. I recently came back to the game about 1-2 months ago and have been primarily playing Elemental shaman and Sub/sin rogue for pvp. Also currently leveling up a warrior for fun since a few others I play with are leveling up alts also.

With that said I also have Pally, mage, lock, and hunter at level 90. Don't much care for my hunter...never really have, I haven't been able to get into lock much since MoP release and Mage while I mained it since release just feels so different to me and while I love the class can never stick to it for long before going back to my shaman. With all of that said what do you guys think, I love my shaman, rogue, pally and warrior is been fairly fun as of late. My only issue with my Rogue is how I guess weak would be a good word I feel in PvP. I don't know if this is due to all the hunter teams I ended up facing but usually when doing 2's with a healer we either got destroyed or won in the first few minutes when facing a double DPS team or we had some of the longest games ending in a mutial loss due to never being able to close a kill on the opposing team.

I haven't been on PTR and I haven't spent a whole lot of time researching how all the changes are affecting classes. Anyways had a few minutes here and work and wanted to see some peoples suggestions. I guess to go back to the original question which class would you recommend assuming I like them all equally, elemental shaman, rogue, pally (dps) or warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Hey everyone, I often stalk the forums but rarely do I post. I am comming to the forums for a bit of help choosing which class to play for the up comming season. Please, please, please don't take this as I want to know what is going to be FoTM so I can re roll. I recently came back to the game about 1-2 months ago and have been primarily playing Elemental shaman and Sub/sin rogue for pvp. Also currently leveling up a warrior for fun since a few others I play with are leveling up alts also.

With that said I also have Pally, mage, lock, and hunter at level 90. Don't much care for my hunter...never really have, I haven't been able to get into lock much since MoP release and Mage while I mained it since release just feels so different to me and while I love the class can never stick to it for long before going back to my shaman. With all of that said what do you guys think, I love my shaman, rogue, pally and warrior is been fairly fun as of late. My only issue with my Rogue is how I guess weak would be a good word I feel in PvP. I don't know if this is due to all the hunter teams I ended up facing but usually when doing 2's with a healer we either got destroyed or won in the first few minutes when facing a double DPS team or we had some of the longest games ending in a mutial loss due to never being able to close a kill on the opposing team.

I haven't been on PTR and I haven't spent a whole lot of time researching how all the changes are affecting classes. Anyways had a few minutes here and work and wanted to see some peoples suggestions. I guess to go back to the original question which class would you recommend assuming I like them all equally, elemental shaman, rogue, pally (dps) or warrior.
    Ele sham are very RNG proc heavy but a ton of fun. Rogue is cheesy and just got buffs, be on the look out for rogues in 5.4. Pally and warr both got buffs to dps and look very strong in 5.4. That is all I am going to say, the rest rely's on what you enjoy playing.
    Good luck and good bye to this thread!
    Lock Socks!

You're actually in a really good position here - literally every class you mentioned is gonna be pretty strong next patch. Ele is receiving Healing Tide Totem as a baseline ability, which is going to give you a nice defensive buff. Warriors are seeing some nice QOL changes, damage buffs, and some unique talent changes. Rogues are getting damage buffs across the board, which will fix your issue of not being able to secure a kill. Ret is going to have some more viable comps now that it will have access to a fear.

I'd suggest just choosing the class that you genuinely want to play. It might be difficult to come to a conclusion on which one you really want to play, but it isn't a choice that anyone can make for you. If you are looking for something more "consistent," I would suggest making your rogue your main, as long as you can tolerate the seasons where you aren't scaling well with gear, resulting in less than optimal results. RMP has always been one of the most fun comps to play in the game, as well as RLS, RLD, etc.. If you have any friends who play healers, you could always base your character choice based on compatibility with them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the input and Yes I know I have to choose!!! Thats the hard part I like all of them and so reguarly bounce between them its been a pain to just stick to one class. I typically do 2's with one particular person who plays both ret and priest holy/disc so Rogue was very easy to start out in arenas. When we started his priest was wearing greens and I was full malevolent with tyrannical daggers. We are both, more or less fully geared but as our rating keeps climbing we just end up running into healer/dps comps and while we hardly out right loose getting a KB is just a grind and we both burnt out on it. When he decided to level his pally we switched around with ret/rogue and ret/elemental shaman (would have been far easier if I had an enchament set). Again him with no gear and me more or less full malevolent; now both toons fully geared. We are by no means looking for ratings and while I would love to push them I know he has no real desire to do so. On top of that I am pretty much an introvert so the fact that I even went out of my shell to play with someone was surprising. Anyways since I love world PvP and everything that goes with it I might just as well stick with the rogue and main him.

Thanks for the input guys.

I really love my ret pally for all things, world pvp, 2v2, rated bgs, it just feels like i have alot of options as far as cool downs and sometimes I feel as if I cannot die with my heals and defensive cds its awesome!!! I love the burst damage I am able to do as well it is quite insane at times, I do not have hardly any decent pieces of pvp gear but I still do fairly well I would highly recommend rolling a ret pally with a holy off spec! I have a 90 hunter as well and I find it incredibly boring and just not for me, I am not saying they are bad and I am not saying I am a great hunter by any means. I also have a level 90 elly shammy and I find it alot of fun to play, I also love the healing aspects and the mobility with ghost wolf. I guess I always just go back to my ret pally because I find it to be the most fun to play, I think it is partly because I enjoy being up and close with the boss and I like the challenge of having to dodge all the fire and abilities that a melee aften faces alot more than ranged classes do. Thanks for letting me put my opinion in, I also have been on these forums for years and years but just never had the gump to actually post much! ha ha

Deleted
    why do people keep making pick my class threads?

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    why do people keep making pick my class threads?
    Upcoming patch and new season I guess!

But as Volant has hinted at, we don't allow 'Pick my class' threads in general - so unfortunately I'm going to have to lock this. My advice: Download PTR, play your favourites and pick what you find most enjoyable.