Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    So let me get this straight. 100k judgments, 300k slams, and 100k lava bursts are ok but an 80k chaos bolt with a 3 second cast time is omg nerf now?
    In the spirit of standardizing this comparison, ON THE PTR chaos bolt is upwards of 400k, ice lance is upwards of 200k etc. etc. No, your chaos bolt, is not, was not, and will not stop being the hardest hitting SINGLE ability in MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    There is only one solution to the imbalance of PvP. Change the way dps CDs work. Either make it so that only one such CD is available each time, or reduce their duration/efficiency by an large amount.

Example: Feral druid pops Berserk, Incarnation, Nature's Vigil and Trinket. BOOM! You are dead. No, no, no! Take just one of the four!

Actually ferals have one of the most balanced CDs I've ever seen: Tiger's Fury. Following this design, dps CDs should have low CDs and allow for a very short burst, just when an opponent is at 30% or so. I think that all offensive CDs should offer just enough dps to burn through the execute phase quickly. Meaning that you roughly get approximately 30% extra damage for 2-3 spells and then you are back to normal. You can even put a 10 second shared CD with other offensive CDs, in order to forbid players from sequencing their CDs.
    Last edited by mmocc7fa9b5d2f; 2013-08-10 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Testing on the PTR has demonstrated...

...that Blizzard don't give a flying f-word about players who actually want to finish Wrathion's quest. Why? Because the griefers who like to have "fun" and ruin it for others are still, even now, griefing the Celestials and forcing them to despawn. If Blizzard actually care, they'd implement a solution immediately!
    "griefing" on ptrs is serious business.

also, lolpvp. glad i don't care about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    guess blizz just realized that with base resi and no resi as stat on items, increasing pvp ilvl cap will increase dmg overall... what a suprise...

Deleted
    More band aid with no real fixes. Aint gonna resub until they get a real dev.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They should nerf chaos bolt by another 50% in PvP and hide it from us by not putting it in any notes. That should fix it. Nerf ember tap by another 30% too while they are at it.
    Lock healing more then my spriest sounds stupid? truth is hard..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Funny thing is when I seen the Slam buff (which was by the way the single laziest, dumbest overbuffing an ability without actually really buffing the class, I have ever seen), first I was like...GTFO then I was like...If this makes it live it will break warriors, having them randomly oneshot people at random like Elementals, only Blizzard will fucking cave into the massive QQ that will follow and will decide to fix the problem by removing Charge, this way the warriors can't catch you to oneshot you. But of course Warriors will keep oneshoting melees and random ranged by riding up to them on their horses, to which Blizz will reply by halving ground mount speeds for Warriors.

^^^^

Blizzard balancing Warriors since '07.
    im loling my ass off!what you said is true but its sad and you for got the last part.after what you said happens,blizz will then nerf slam leaving warriors without a charge or a fast mount

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand why most of you people whine about a good change.

So damage is too high on the ptr? If I'm not mistaken, its too already. Shamans globaling people, hunters being broken the entire expansion ... Blizzard doesn't know how to fix the game, they won't magically fix anything in 5.4 lol

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    And rets. Everyone forgets rets and now it's starting to bite em in the ass.

Was hit by a 100k judgement on the ptr, and the pally was in full pvp gear too!
    My Judgement only hits for 100k after Double Jeopardy on a target with 0 resilience if it crits. That's on the PTR with the 522 item level PvP gear. I'd suggest getting some PvP gear yourself.

But yes, Ret burst is high. Ret is also easy as fuck to CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage disparity between pve and pvp is getting ridiculous. Well, it was ridiculous in cata. This is just silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    B-b-but I should be able to face tank them and cast an 8 second spell while spamming /laugh at the hapless Ret!

I don't understand why people are complaining. Burst damage and burst healing both need to be reduced, this is a good thing. Buff resil in addition to the 10% trinket set bonus and buff battle fatigue so things are still killable. The only thing they arent addressing imo is healer mana; mana cost of everything needs a 20% increase for healers, or maybe just for druids. However if they go through with buffing BF they need to compensate "pures" who rely only the on the pitiful amount of pvp power we have to increase our % based heals. We dont get spellpower and a higher return from pvp power like hybrids/healers do. Locks in particular are in big trouble with a BF change; lowest passive defense in the game post fel armor nerf with nerfed selfhealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    lmao, so another bandaid fix to pvp? 80% base resil now?
    Would you expect anything else ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Lock healing more then my spriest sounds stupid? truth is hard..
    really? cause spriests have been pretty fkn retarded for most of the xpac. if you havent gotten your mount yet with that 3 patch xmas gift, you zip up. sounds stupid? truth is hard..

also.. offhealing is always > than passive self healing. so that post was 2x as stupid as it first looked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I dont understand why most of you people whine about a good change.
    because if they do it wrong increase the base instead of the gear its a bad change.. and people are fed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Damage disparity between pve and pvp is getting ridiculous. Well, it was ridiculous in cata. This is just silly.
    what does this mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    There is only one solution to the imbalance of PvP. Change the way dps CDs work. Either make it so that only one such CD is available each time, or reduce their duration/efficiency by an large amount.

Example: Feral druid pops Berserk, Incarnation, Nature's Vigil and Trinket. BOOM! You are dead. No, no, no! Take just one of the four!

Actually ferals have one of the most balanced CDs I've ever seen: Tiger's Fury. Following this design, dps CDs should have low CDs and allow for a very short burst, just when an opponent is at 30% or so. I think that all offensive CDs should offer just enough dps to burn through the execute phase quickly. Meaning that you roughly get approximately 30% extra damage for 2-3 spells and then you are back to normal. You can even put a 10 second shared CD with other offensive CDs, in order to forbid players from sequencing their CDs.
    i agree. i also think they should half the effectiveness and CDs of a lot of major Defensives too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    In the spirit of standardizing this comparison, ON THE PTR chaos bolt is upwards of 400k, ice lance is upwards of 200k etc. etc. No, your chaos bolt, is not, was not, and will not stop being the hardest hitting SINGLE ability in MoP.
    it actually doesnt like that unless amplification trink proc's in world. in arena.. much diff story. so really no one gives a sh*t about ^ numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    Exactly why I no longer PvP.

FoTM doesn't belong to the best class. It belongs to whoever bitches the loudest.

posts like these are so fkn annoying.

if you don't play.. we don't give a sh*t why, and we don't give a sh*t what you think about pvp..because.. you dont PLAY.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-08-11 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    Why does the resil need to be added back onto PvP gear instead of base? Just curious.

I'm assuming because of HC raiders blowing people in PvP gear up in the world? Or is PvE gear being used extensively in arena and RBG?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Why does the resil need to be added back onto PvP gear instead of base? Just curious.

I'm assuming because of HC raiders blowing people in PvP gear up in the world? Or is PvE gear being used extensively in arena and RBG?
    It's world PvP. Heroic Raiders get their items tuned down to 496 item level in Arena, and I think in Rated BGs too.

Deleted
    It's world PvP. Heroic Raiders get their items tuned down to 496 item level in Arena, and I think in Rated BGs too.
    So what's the problem? "World PvP" is pathetically bad in WoW anyway... PvPers just not liking a taste of their own medicine when they pick a bad target?

*shrug*

I wish they would get PvP damage back to TBC/mid-late Wrath levels. I just stopped doing it this expansion because of everyone having 1shot attacks. The arena that broke the camel's back was when a Hunter killed my partner in less than 2 seconds just using pets...

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I don't understand why people are complaining. Burst damage and burst healing both need to be reduced, this is a good thing. Buff resil in addition to the 10% trinket set bonus and buff battle fatigue so things are still killable. The only thing they arent addressing imo is healer mana; mana cost of everything needs a 20% increase for healers, or maybe just for druids. However if they go through with buffing BF they need to compensate "pures" who rely only the on the pitiful amount of pvp power we have to increase our % based heals. We dont get spellpower and a higher return from pvp power like hybrids/healers do. Locks in particular are in big trouble with a BF change; lowest passive defense in the game post fel armor nerf with nerfed selfhealing?
    Because this change doesn't scale... The problem will come soon again.

- - - Updated - - -

So what's the problem? "World PvP" is pathetically bad in WoW anyway... PvPers just not liking a taste of their own medicine when they pick a bad target?
    So people who like grand fights among equals get punished because some enjoy ganking lowbies?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

My Judgement only hits for 100k after Double Jeopardy on a target with 0 resilience if it crits. That's on the PTR with the 522 item level PvP gear. I'd suggest getting some PvP gear yourself.

Huh? What? Have you been reading the tooltips on items recently?

1'st there is no such thing as resilience on gear anymore.
    2'nd nobody gems for resilience as resi gems are absolute crap.
    3'rd You have the exact same chance to crit or not and you hit for the exact same amount on PvP gear and PvE gear. The only thing PvP gear does, that it has PvP power, which affects your damage against players and your healing on players. Essentially if you have a lot of PvP Power you hit harder on players, but there is no PvP stat on gear that would in any way mitigate the damage received.

Judgement does crit for 100k in PvP during Swfity time, and so does Hammer of Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm mostly a Dragon Slayer but I for example think that gearing choices should affect your pvp performance. For example I don't think Resilience really needs to be put back on gear...But Resilience on gems should be buffed by 100% or 150%.

This way if you feel squishy you could say- Resi will fix it! and gear for it. Right now there is nothing you can do. It's like omg he got off 2 abilities on me and melted my face.

It feels like your are the swordsman in this scene.

Omg I'm pulling out all my super pvp ninja skills!
    I'm pillaring!
    I stunned him!
    I silenced it!
    Oh fuck he got of an ability!
    I'm dead.

Think of Resilience like Kevlar. The more I have of it, the slightly longer I will be in the fight. There needs to be a way to get more of it. One of the MAIN reasons why Resi was removed was because healers stacking it would be immortal. But that was the side effect of the PvP Power-Resilience double dip.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-08-11 at 02:01 PM.