Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Destro is easy to play if you don't know what you're doing. However, playing it perfectly is a fair bit harder than playing Combat, Surv, Arcane, Frost, BM or Assassination perfectly.
    -Get weak auras to help you see when trinkets proc, wait for procs, unleash chaos bolts/shadowburns.
    -Shadowburn any low hp adds whenever you can
    -Havoc blah blah blah

I mean that's really it other than keep up dot to generate embers and spam incinerate. If you can keep track of procs (which is easy enough) then you can easily top meters.

It's not just that. A bad destruction warlock will miss out on lots of shadowburns (and havoc) and will end up ember starved during/after AoE. There is more to it than most people assume. Of course playing the spec at ~80% is very very simple.

Being the #1 Boomkin on my server...LOL at the people claiming balance is easy. As someone stated, if you're doing 70% of your potential damage then yes..but if you want to play boomkin well I would say it is the 2nd hardest caster spec (behind demonology). You have to "balance" you nature's grace buff, when to use hurricane (during solar/natures grace preferably), refreshing eclipsed/uneclipsed dots, multi-dotting, managing starsurge procs, when to cast starfall depending on adds, etc. etc. Doing good AoE dmg as a boomkin is a lot harder than spamming chain lightning or multishot. And it's QUITE easy to screw up, and if you do..it will most definitely affect your dps. Comparing boomkin to specs like destro/ele/frost/hunter is just ludacris..they just spam whatever is the priority on their rotation, there is little micro-management, unlike the eclipse mechanic.
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2014-04-15 at 07:54 AM.

Deleted
    Assassination rogue, for sure.

Deleted
    Probably assassination. You can do a lot of damage without really trying.
    I used to play runescape on my other monitor while raiding heroic on my rogue because it required so little attention. It's a bit more demanding now, but still probably the easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Boomkins are actually really faceroll aswell. Get to put up dots, refresh when in eclipse, use starfall off CD, spam wrath/starfire, use starsurge off cd.
    I dont think you appreciate what 'faceroll' means in this thread; no cooldowns, no dot refresh, no buffs/procs to watch for, just click one or two keys irrespective of anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    I have a fury warrior as an alt who is ilvl 577 and I disagree to the part where more buttons = more complex. Realistically speaking when it comes to topping meters has a fury warrior the main thing you really need is good rng because they are one of the most rng reliant classes in the game along with fire mages hence why many stack so much crit to try to eliminate as much rng as they can but in reality it's impossible unless you have 100% crit.

I'm sorry but playing a high ilvl fury myself I do not see what is so "complex" about it. I've personally found it more difficult to play an MM hunter and frost mage than I have fury.
    It's not that fury is super complex or anything, it's just that it's a lot more so than frost dk. I've been playing 2H frost now, and the class is basically how ret pala was in wotlk.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Ehm guys ... really? Noone even typed the most easyest and faceroller class/spec in the game?!? It was is always said the rotation so blatantly easy and monotonous and mind numbing that even the most retarded peopel avoid playing it...

I mean come on... really?!?

Noone ever said how faceroll easy is to top damage meter with Arcane mage?!? Everybody say that frost mage is easy, but the truth is that frost have harder rotation than arcane.
    With frost you use three or four, max five, skills during fights. With arcane you use two, max 3 skills. Come on guys... are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Ehm guys ... really? Noone even typed the most easyest and faceroller class/spec in the game?!? It was is always said the rotation so blatantly easy and monotonous and mind numbing that even the most retarded peopel avoid playing it...

Noone ever said how faceroll easy is to top damage meter with Arcane mage?!? Everybody say that frost mage is easy, but the truth is that frost have harder rotation than arcane.
    With frost you use three or four, max five, skills during fights. With arcane you use two, max 3 skills. Come on guys... are you for real?
    Marty, your DeLorean will break if you travel from the past so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post

At least with arcane you use those few abilities in a somewhat complex order. A frost mage pretty much just spams all his procs and uses a filler. For instance frostfirebolt and ice lance are effectively the same ability, their only real difference being the damage (and therefore priority).

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Destro is easy to play if you don't know what you're doing. However, playing it perfectly is a fair bit harder than playing Combat, Surv, Arcane, Frost, BM or Assassination perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    -Get weak auras to help you see when trinkets proc, wait for procs, unleash chaos bolts/shadowburns.
    -Shadowburn any low hp adds whenever you can
    -Havoc blah blah blah

I mean that's really it other than keep up dot to generate embers and spam incinerate. If you can keep track of procs (which is easy enough) then you can easily top meters.

This post proved my point, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    You tell me what makes the difference between a decent elemental shaman and a very good one. The skill cap is not very high compared to other classes.

It's far harder than Frost mage though which is basically: DoT, Don't waste procs, filler spell
    I fail to see the difference between Ele shaman and Frost mage besides frost mages not having a stupidly strong spammable aoe spell.

Ele shaman: Keep Flame Shock up, use LvB on CD or when it procs, Fulmination when 7 stacks, Lightning bolt filler.
    Frost mage: Keep Living Bomb up, use ice lance when you have 2 procs, use FFB, use ice lance when you have 1 proc, Frostbolt filler.

Ele shaman burst: SPAM LVB DURING TRASDCENDANCE
    Frost mage burst: Use Alter Time with procs up and use Frost Orb off CD.

So yeah... Ele shamans have the easiest rotation out there by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything can be faceroll. To play any spec to its full potential requires some amount of skill though. As for stuff that's hard to do wrong, probably Arcane Mage. Everyone says Ele Shaman, but you have to track Flame Shock, keep down Searing, and manage Fulmination at least.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    While everbody is saying ele sham is faceroll ololol dps, it is indeed quite easy to play, but not too easy to play near maximum performance. There's a big difference between good shamans and bad shamans. When it is so faceroll to play, why arent ele's topping the meters everywhere...
    It's easy to play but does not pull the numbers, that's why. You will just not be top with Ele no matter what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Arcane Mage, 2 buttons.

DPS - rank 1
    source: http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#BiS
    Mashing 4-7 buttons with a set idea of 'mash this when it falls off, mash this when you have X charges of your special power, mash this if you don't have anything better to mash, mash this when it's off CD' is quite primitive.

Mashing 2-3 buttons without ANY realistic 'cause->effect' priority system was, is and always will be miles more complex than any priority system. That is why arcane mage is miles harder to play in the top 1% slice of skill-spread.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Mashing 2-3 buttons without ANY realistic 'cause->effect' priority system was, is and always will be miles more complex than any priority system. That is why arcane mage is miles harder to play in the top 1% slice of skill-spread.
    All tho my reaction to this post i must say that this is not really the thing.
    Every directhit spell caster - arc mage, ele shaman, boomkin have a resourse to manage so he can maintain the reasonable for its class and gear lever damage done (high mana for arc mage, eclipses for boomkin, an di dont really know what for is the thing for shamy) and a reaction to proc. No real prio system because they dont really need it. But basicaly the skill cap is the same for these classes and the diffrence to be in the top 1% "slice" is to manage the said resources as much effectively as possible. Mashing buttons will end up in disgain than in gain, because you will lose your "resourse" that increase your damage done
    Now i really havent played the dot classes - Spriest, hunter and warlock, but i believe they manage a resource that is affected by their prio choice. Its a wild guess from me since i dont know (and i dont care tbh) how those classes work, but i believe that they have a bit more complicated gameplay, than the directhit casters.
    Melle classes are almost exactly the same.
    I could possibly compare Frost DK to arcane mage - mash one button to generate resource, react on proc = gg, a monk to hunter - use skill to generate resource to use more powerful hits, warrior to druid - use skills to enter in the right state (eclipse-enrage)
    I could posibly compare the rouge to the warlock - use minor resource to generate second resource to use for more powerful hits/dots/etc(combo points - cinders), feral to Spriest - use minor resource to hit and under some special curcumstances generate extra resource to hit harder with(crit with ability=extra combo point - orbs)
    Correct me if im wrong about the aboe descriptions and comparisons.

However my point is that the second part or the ones i called "dot" classes - warlock, shadowpriest, rouge and feral are a bit harder to play than the "directhit" classes - arcane, eleshamy, boomkin, frost dk, warrior, because they actually have a prio what they must use, what must be always on the target, etc etc so they can be doing the damage they should be capable of, regardless of skill cap or not.

Overall conclusion (by my opinion) is that the classes that have no real prio on what they should use next are in the same "ballpark" about facerolling and the classes that actually require you to keep up certain buff, debuff or both on a given target, aka u have prio, are more harder to play and cant even count as "facerolling" classes, sinc ethe prio system doesnt allow you to "mash" buttons mindlessly

15+ Year Old Account
    Retribution paladins have a lot of buttons to press, but if you are coherent enough to follow basic instructions CLCRet will make it practically faceroll to a basic level.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    It's easy to play but does not pull the numbers, that's why. You will just not be top with Ele no matter what you do.

That Statement is true indeed. But then I don't get this whole Topic. Here I thought the question was "which class pulls the highest dps with the easiest Rotation?". And that isn't ele shaman. In fact, I would say that a feral druid would pull more single target dps just by using his bleed on cd and 1 filler spell. Almost the same abilities elemental shamans are using (what ppl are saying here). 2 button feral > 2 button ele

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Nobody has said arcane mage yet? I'm shocked.

Arcane is ironically the hardest mage spec atm. Only fire is harder if you play at the maximum skill cap.