Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh come on. Why do we have in every single thread about rape people, who start the very same, compleetly unnecessary "double-standard" discussion.

The topic is about a 10 years old kid (I don't care, if the kid is male or famle) being charged with rape, which is quite ridiculous in my opinion... What do you expect? To educate children in sexual matters in the kindergarden or elementary school? Sice most 10 years old children are mostley completely uneducated they don't know, what they really do.. any kind of punishment would be really hard...
    Last edited by josykay; 2013-08-10 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    US y you so sensational

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Serious? The girl is 10. 10 year olds are morons - at least I was when I was 10.

WTF is wrong with you people.

Also, sex with a minor is considered statutory rape in many places - even if the girl gives "consent".
    Ignorance of law is not a valid defence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Oh come on. Why do we have in every single thread about rape people, who start the very same, compleetly unnecessary "double-standard" discussion.

The topic is about a 10 years old kid (I don't care, if the kid is male or famle) with rape, which is quite ridiculous in my opinion... What do you expect? To educate children in sexual matters in the kindergarden or elementary school? Sice most 10 years old children are mostley completely uneducated they don't know, what they really do.. any kind of punishment would be really hard...
    Same comment applies, ignorance of the law is not a defence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Ah it's been going on forever, people are just shocked because unlike before, most of it is actually reported and spread among the media. Insert witty media has ruined something statement.
    It's not because it was done back then we should accept it now. I believe we grew over time and are still growing to be a better society.

"They did it before so it ain't special now" is a lame and disgusting excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post

The topic is about a 10 years old kid (I don't care, if the kid is male or famle) being charged with rape, which is quite ridiculous in my opinion... What do you expect? To educate children in sexual matters in the kindergarden or elementary school? Sice most 10 years old children are mostley completely uneducated they don't know, what they really do.. any kind of punishment would be really hard...
    In Belgium we have a very basic sexuel education at the age of 10. It's not discussed in detail ofc, but it was enough to understand what the entire act was about and what is good and bad. Including rape = bad mkey.

I'm curious, at what age do they start exual education in other countries...even if it is like a really basic form.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-08-10 at 11:19 AM.

Fuck that. Fuck people these days. Fuck this insane sensitivity. If I had spent my childhood in 2013 and in the US I and many of my little girl friends would have been charged for "rape" several times. God damn this stupidity. Kids play with each other. There is no ill intent. I bet you this was nothing more than a "you show yours I show mine" incident.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-08-10 at 11:26 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfuckingreal.....

In the other thread we have a plethora of people defending a 13 yr old child (in a way surely rightfully so), with the argument that 13 yrs olds don't know the consequence of sex... And since we are in the USA, the law even says the legal age of consent is 16.... And yet at the same time a 10 yrs old miraculously knows what rape is?
    If....... I repeat IF, if anyone would be to blame then it's the adults who didn't pay attention to what the kids were doing. But before one can blame those, there would be a need as for what actually really happened.
    This is a disgusting example of a society and system that's overly obsessed with punishment... A prime example why it's the country with the highest incarceration rate in the entire World.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Same comment applies, ignorance of the law is not a defence.
    Indeed, but you see, we are talking about a 10 years ould kid, who was most likeley never educated in those matters. Parents tell their kids "Stealing is bad, hurting is bad...." but they don't educate their children in sexual subjekts.
    It is still a kid, we are talking about, not a teenager, not an adult, a damn kind. If children are never tought in sexual matters, how the hell should they know, doing that is wrong. Children are incapable to realize, if their doings are wrong or not. So it is just ridiculous to deal with her like with regular rapists....

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    If you're going to use that rationale, you should probably explain why children have lesser charges/sentences applied to them in all but extreme cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    If....... I repeat IF, if anyone would be to blame then it's the adults who didn't pay attention to what the kids were doing. But before one can blame those, there would be a need as for what actually really happened.
    <The adults payed attention and called the police. Because that is the right thing to do. But on the other hand if a 12 year old boy does that with a 5 year old girl we wouldnt say that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    If you're going to use that rationale, you should probably explain why children have lesser charges/sentences applied to them in all but extreme cases.
    I'm gonna take a guess as it is because they are less aware of their actions and the consequences, they still face consequences regardless of ignorance of the law but due to inability to understand what they did as much their sentences are not as severe.

Deleted
    good to see you guys are all for age-equality when it comes to hating women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    <The adults payed attention and called the police. Because that is the right thing to do. But on the other hand if a 12 year old boy does that with a 5 year old girl we wouldnt say that.
    I am talking about the adults that had the supervision....
    The mother of the girl wouldn't call the police. The mother of the girl needs to call the girl out on it, for doing something inappropriate. The one article talked about horseplay, which is something almost every single person did at some point during childhood. The mother of the 4 yr old could have also interfered if something wasn't appropriate. Maybe the 4 yr old was the 10 yrs old sibling. No idea...... Info missing.. But some adult may have neglected their duty and responsibility by law.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I'm gonna take a guess as it is because they are less aware of their actions and the consequences, they still face consequences regardless of ignorance of the law but due to inability to understand what they did as much their sentences are not as severe.
    So basically, when you said:
    What you actually meant was "ignorance of the law is a valid defense in certain cases." Which is pretty much exactly what the people who are saying "she's only 10" are getting at. There are cases when children do something so heinous that we feel is appropriate to charge them as adults, but we literally have no information about this incident to form any opinion either way.

Deleted
    Girls don't rape boys.

Wanna know how 10 year old kids can and do commit rape or worse?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

Read this tiny tidbit of history.

We really do not know what exactly happened here. Probably because they are trying to protect the identity of those involved.

But simply assuming a 10 year old is incapable of HORRIBLE acts is wishful thinking at its best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    good to see you guys are all for age-equality when it comes to hating women.
    i don't hate women, i hate everybody equally.

this case is likely just being blown out of context for the sake of getting views/media coverage, it was likely that this girl was a little curious, and just wanted to "play" with this toddler, and when somebody caught them, they assumed the worst, while i don't deny kids these days are getting more and more eager to engage in such practices, i also doubt that in this case, it is soley on the girl, i think there is more to this than meets the eye.

Deleted
    If she actually did something she needs to be face the charges...though just like with any crime, it shouldn't be as extreme as with adults.

But to just dismiss the crime because she is a child is retarded, it doesn't teach her shit but being able to avoid to law through loop holes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Unfuckingreal.....

In the other thread we have a plethora of people defending a 13 yr old child (in a way surely rightfully so), with the argument that 13 yrs olds don't know the consequence of sex... And since we are in the USA, the law even says the legal age of consent is 16.... And yet at the same time a 10 yrs old miraculously knows what rape is?
    This is a disgusting example of a society and system that's overly obsessed with punishment... A prime example why it's the country with the highest incarceration rate in the entire World.
    So much fail, I lol'd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    OH man, you just know it's gonna be a good year. Look at the crap people are coming up with. How are historians even going to categorize years like 2013?

2013 - The year of hilarious stupidity.

You are absolutely right about that.
    I'm thinking something along the lines of "Fascinating captain" myself.

But more seriously between this and the thing in england I am wondering if both our outlandish laws and views on sex as well as desire to criminalize children AND court biases let alone the average individuals EXTREMELY insane and overboard obsession with safety are not all coming to a head...Oh and of couse the mcdonalds stuff as well....

We have been pushing boundaries and limits socially,legally and even naturally left and right for some time now...It is not too surprising damns are starting to break.

I am actually quite curious to see how things develop...Because lets face facts here SOMETHING is happening likely many somethings...And I'm not sure we can stop it/them...So lets see how well we ride out the oncoming storm...Will be VERY entertaining to see...I for one predict mass social changes and overhauls ones that will likely change our species social structures in some VERY drastic ways...And that level of change often comes alongside the kinds of chais that even the wirld wars have a hard time rivaling(being instigators of mass change themselves).

So again I say "Fascinating captain".

Though more grounded less sensanionalistic sadly things like this will likely blow over most peopke have already forgotten Dorner and he was one of the best shots I've seen in my life for some real change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Wanna know how 10 year old kids can and do commit rape or worse?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

Read this tiny tidbit of history.

We really do not know what exactly happened here. Probably because they are trying to protect the identity of those involved.

But simply assuming a 10 year old is incapable of HORRIBLE acts is wishful thinking at its best.
    What the hell comparison does the Jamie Bulger case have to do with this one? Rape requires an intent based on knowledge of sexuality and power - a knowledge which I hazard even the most sexually precocious 10 year olds would be unaware of- whereas Jamie Bulger unfortunately crossed paths with two violent young boys. I don't think think anyone here disputes the fact that young people are capable of terrible acts but are debating whether a 10 year old is capable of the intent required for rape.