Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

scumbag dps? need help

hi,
    i need help with this log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...?s=2559&e=3112
    Lately we are having problems with Horridon 10 hc, even we have killed him few times and i suspect our SP is spending too much time on horridon while adds are still active, causing more chaos than needed.

Recount usually puts him on 30% more time spending attacking horridon than our other dps but i don´t know if that is valid enough or accurate because i have no FFF idea how SP works.

Need some help to see if he is scumbagging dps in this boss.
    Thanx.

You dont need to know a class to tell whether the guy is doing more dps on the boss or adds. In this case since his damage to the boss is that much higher I think its safe to say that he's spending alot more time on the boss because dots alone wouldn't do that much damage.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I haven't played serious shadow this xpac, but what I understand and have read about shadow the more targets you dot the more procs you get from DI.

I am quite amused by the fact that the dot classes keep saying they'll deal more dmg single target if they multidot, even though on horridon 10h it really doesn't matter how much damage you deal on multiple targets simultaneously but how fast you can kill one particular mob.

Looks like scumbagging to me. Whether intentional or not idk.

From what i can see, only 57.6 % of his dmg is on Horridon, that's a good percentage, i'll even say it's a bit low for a shadow priest, but you didn't kill horridon in this log.
    He's Devouring Plague only have 36% dmg on Horridon, that means he did use his best spell focus on adds, plus he has one interrupt.
    He's decent, i'll even encourage him to spend more time on horridon, it's the other dps you need to worry about.

I agree with jerry. From what I can tell he's on top of damaging the most dangerous add (Venom Priest, Sandwalker, Dinomancer, etc). He could do more damage to the little guys but I'd try to get the rest of your raid to catch him on the damage done to the more important adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilbu View Post
    I haven't played serious shadow this xpac [...]

I am quite amused by the fact that the dot classes keep saying they'll deal more dmg single target if they multidot, even though on horridon 10h it really doesn't matter how much damage you deal on multiple targets simultaneously but how fast you can kill one particular mob.
    Specc'd into DI
    More sw: p = more mb procs = more dp uptime = more mf:i = more singletarget dps

Specc'd into ToF
    More dots rolling = higher chance to damage something under 20% = 15% dmg buff = more singletarget dps

Our filler spell (normal mind flay) is not doing to much damage so in most cases instead of using mf its more profitable to dot something up in the spare time to get some proccs

---------------for the Logs----------------

As mentioned above your shadow is:
    #1 dmg on Jalak
    #1 dmg on Warbears
    #1 dmg on Frozen Warlords
    #3 dmg on Venom Priests
    #3 dmg on Wastewalkers
    #4 dmg on Shamans

Other than that his Horridon uptime is 57,6%
    On my last kill (when i was to lazy to dot horridon while gates) i had 58,2%

I think everything is good, tell your raiders they dont have to be mad because a shadow is doing decent dps at some fights :P
    ps: If you are the raidleader you should invest some time in learning to use world of logs properly
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2013-08-09 at 02:52 PM.

56% dmg on Horridon sounds low. I'm always around 70% without any kind of "scumbagging" whatsoever, but that's 25HC, might be different.

But yeah, judging from those Logs, he's not scumbagging. He's just playing properly, while the rest of the Dps... quite aren't (for a fight with tons of add cleaving and a boss that has a dmg modifier, 150k is quite shit).
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    ps: If you are the raidleader you should invest some time in learning to use world of logs properly
    no, i am not the RL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    56% dmg on Horridon sounds low. I'm always around 70% without any kind of "scumbagging" whatsoever, but that's 25HC, might be different.

But yeah, judging from those Logs, he's not scumbagging. He's just playing properly, while the rest of the Dps... quite aren't (for a fight with tons of add cleaving and a boss that has a dmg modifier, 150k is quite shit).
    Take into consideration that we didn´t kill the boss on this try. What most concerns me is he usually spends 30 or 35% more time on horridon than the other DPS and that is why his dps looks so high at that stage of the fight. I usually finish at 220k+ dps on that fight. DPS is not my concern but if he is spending too much time on the boss while the other people is struggling to kill the adds hence having low dps at that stage.

Please read carefully what i wrote, it´s not the % of damage on horridon what worries me but the % of time spent on the boss.

Also, i dont mind if his dps is op or not, if SP are op ir not, i´m just wondering if he is playing for the team or for topping recount.
    Last edited by mmoc84b232eb57; 2013-08-09 at 03:32 PM.

As several has said it doesn't look like he's scumbagging around. Does sound somewhat like you would prefer he did though.
    Since he use his main damage spells on the adds he's aware of the prio there. I'm unsure if the activity counts up from him being a shadowpriest with dots ticking on horridon most of the time.
    Tried to look it up but it looks wrong what i found since they said the activity came from any kind of damage, and it closes after 10 seconds window of nothing happening. Seems low to me then, but if that's right it should just be the dots ticking on horridon keeping him far ahead of the rest of you. The warlock, while destro, could be higher than the rest of you too. Same for the DK.

But honestly. Even if that was so he manage to do around the same damage to adds, as to horridon. He's on them plenty. If he went for horridon more then he should, then the percent of his damage done would be a lot higher on horridon than it is, or he's incredible bad at dpsing which it doesn't look like <.<
    He might be able to do more damage on adds, but it's not enough to be the problem, and i take you still want horridon a bit down. Shortlived adds is annoying to deal with, so guess it's okay he don't go full out on them, since he would be wasting damage.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    As several has said it doesn't look like he's scumbagging around. Does sound somewhat like you would prefer he did though.
    Since he use his main damage spells on the adds he's aware of the prio there. I'm unsure if the activity counts up from him being a shadowpriest with dots ticking on horridon most of the time.
    Tried to look it up but it looks wrong what i found since they said the activity came from any kind of damage, and it closes after 10 seconds window of nothing happening. Seems low to me then, but if that's right it should just be the dots ticking on horridon keeping him far ahead of the rest of you. The warlock, while destro, could be higher than the rest of you too. Same for the DK.

But honestly. Even if that was so he manage to do around the same damage to adds, as to horridon. He's on them plenty. If he went for horridon more then he should, then the percent of his damage done would be a lot higher on horridon than it is, or he's incredible bad at dpsing which it doesn't look like <.<
    He might be able to do more damage on adds, but it's not enough to be the problem, and i take you still want horridon a bit down. Shortlived adds is annoying to deal with, so guess it's okay he don't go full out on them, since he would be wasting damage.
    i´m just trying to find an explanation on why his "time spent attacking" shown on recount is 30% or 35% higher than anybody else while we are struggling on adds.
    Don´t take damage into consideration or other people´s damage because many factors may have a negative influence on it (experience on the fight, gear, spirit spawning first for other people, etc, etc).

The only thing i want to know is: is it normal, playing a SP, that "time spent attacking" on horridon is so much higher than for other dps?
    If that is the case, nothing more is needed to be added to this post.

he's dotting the boss obviously to get more procs and more mana return for more deeps on adds. it's normal.

Deleted
    If you equal "% of time spent on the boss" with activity on recount for example i have to tell you that a single dot (swp for example which is a gcd you acutally spent on the boss) counts for 17-20s active time.
    Not even considered that swp can get longer durations with our shadowy apparitions.

If you mean something different then active time you have to elaborate how you measured "% of time spent on the boss"

"Time spent attacking" is useless, every dps class has different mechanic therefore different "time spent attacking" pattern from the others. The only thing relevant here is the "Damage done on" percentage.

Deleted
    just did a test on dummies, immolate on single target gives 14+ secs of "activity" on recount while immolating two target at the exact same time via havoc plus reseting recount, gives the same total activity time but on detal, recount gives 9+ secs on one target and 4+ on another, so dots are not registered as full duration activity on recount as far as multi targetting...so...any ideas?

Remember that my concern is, basically, if he is dpsing the boss while adds are still alive. I suppose that all of you agree on that if adds are still alive they should be killed before going back on the boss...otherwise we have a different approach to that fight.
    Last edited by mmoc84b232eb57; 2013-08-09 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    When i dot two dummies i get a diffrence of 2-x seconds in activity. And both dots had the same length. Just another hint that this activity thing is absolutly useless.

To add another point i mentioned as a side note (longer dots due shadowy aparitions):

For those two dots i spent ~1,5 seconds on the boss and they would give me 2m+ on the "activity" if they would expire.
    While this is an extreme example it shows that aparitions with the setbonuses gimp "activity" even more.

You cant measure anything with "activity", get over it
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2013-08-09 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it looks like you guys either didn't kill the War God in time on that attempt, or your tank flubbed a CD (or someone else failed to use one).
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarklord View Post
    just did a test on dummies, immolate on single target gives 14+ secs of "activity" on recount while immolating two target at the exact same time via havoc plus reseting recount, gives the same total activity time but on detal, recount gives 9+ secs on one target and 4+ on another, so dots are not registered as full duration activity on recount as far as multi targetting...so...any ideas?

Remember that my concern is, basically, if he is dpsing the boss while adds are still alive. I suppose that all of you agree on that if adds are still alive they should be killed before going back on the boss...otherwise we have a different approach to that fight.
    With all due respect, how can you ask so many people to review your logs for you, get them to all agree on an answer (that he's fine) while you're still looking at recount which isn't as accurate (do you know this?). I would think the next logical step is to learn to use worldoflogs more efficiently yourself, maybe you'd have more peace of mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    With all due respect, how can you ask so many people to review your logs for you, get them to all agree on an answer (that he's fine) while you're still looking at recount which isn't as accurate (do you know this?). I would think the next logical step is to learn to use worldoflogs more efficiently yourself, maybe you'd have more peace of mind.

Please don´t get me wrong, i really appreciate all feedback and help, it just that some things weren´t clear enough to give me that "peace of mind".
    Anyway, if the consensous is that he is doing the right thing, that´s all folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    When i dot two dummies i get a diffrence of 2-x seconds in activity. And both dots had the same length. Just another hint that this activity thing is absolutly useless.

To add another point i mentioned as a side note (longer dots due shadowy aparitions):

For those two dots i spent ~1,5 seconds on the boss and they would give me 2m+ on the "activity" if they would expire.
    While this is an extreme example it shows that aparitions with the setbonuses gimp "activity" even more.

You cant measure anything with "activity", get over it

If you use uptime as an indication of anything you're a pretty piss-poor raid leader.