Thread: Am I alone?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Am I alone?

I stopped raiding. The current state of hunters and the lackluster effort bliz is showing at improving them has got me bored. I've decided that unless I stumble upon a 10 man(I'm done with 25's) that has effort and focus, I'm done raiding until the next expansion comes.
    Sure, I could change classes and go focus on that. I've contemplated doing so with my rogue or mage. But I really, REALLY enjoy the way hunters work. Just not happy with what bliz does to them over and over.

Basically, am I alone in feeling that blizzard is sucking the life out of the class to the point of not wanting to raid?

PS- please don't say "there's so much to do!... blah blah blah. etc." I'm not looking for suggestions. Just agree or disagree.

Deleted
    you are not alone, hunters have been the whole expansion in a bad shape. I'm really tired too, i'll give a chance in 5.4, if we are not where we MUST be i'll just quit

Disagree, we must be playing two different games. Complaining about hunters in MoP wtf?

Deleted
    we are talking about pve not that pvp minigame!

We're only a few weeks away from the number parse for 5.4 and I have a feeling that Hunters might be pretty good, possibly even one of the best DPS in 5.4. After being trash all expansion it seems Blizzard is finally starting to notice us so I think we might see some love soon enough, it would just seem wrong to leave a pure DPS class as complete trash for an entire expansion.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-08-10 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    We're only a few weeks away from the number parse for 5.4 and I have a feeling that Hunters might be pretty good, possibly even one of the best DPS in 5.4. After being trash all expansion it seems Blizzard is finally starting to notice us so I think we might see some love soon enough, it would just seem wrong to leave a pure DPS class as complete trash for an entire expansion.
    I really hope they give us a nice nudge. I just have this dreadful feeling the buffs we're going to get are going to be pretty underwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, yeah, I'm feeling annoyed with the way Hunters are being treated. But I'm most likely not gonna quit Hunter because of that. I might do it because of my 10man raid group comp, but not because of the numbers. As long as I'm topping DPS meters, or very near top, I probably won't reroll.

Then again, we should wait untill our damage buffs and see what happens.

I'd think so, I've strayed from playing my hunter as often, though I do give him some play after major patches to stay in the loop on rotations. At least hunters didn't go the way of rogues, where the community prayed for change and improvement and blizzard plugged their ears, chanting "We like where rogues are" despite if WE liked where rogues were.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Basically, am I alone in feeling that blizzard is sucking the life out of the class to the point of not wanting to raid?
    Same for me. I think hunter became the most boring class for raiding. And not only boring, but really low utility (bringing any buff is not high utility, you can bring only 1 buff at a time) and low dps. Blizz say hunters are fine because many people playing this class... yes because its the most dumb class so even if you have no knowledge about WoW you can do solid dps. It wouldn't be a problem if you can make awesome dps if you know your class really well, but no... you can do only solid dps doesn't matter what you do.
    So yeah I plan to either change class for 5.4 or stop raiding.

I can't empathize. I really enjoy playing my hunter, and people really underestimate its ability in raids. It can't compete with a half-decent mage/warlock, but that's really just about it, at least in 10 mans. If you're not raiding in a top 100 world guild, you don't even have to worry about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree , hunters become dreadfull and boring to play for me , mained one since tbc but no more, switched to warlock somewhere around ToES and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    I stopped raiding. The current state of hunters and the lackluster effort bliz is showing at improving them has got me bored. I've decided that unless I stumble upon a 10 man(I'm done with 25's) that has effort and focus, I'm done raiding until the next expansion comes.
    Sure, I could change classes and go focus on that. I've contemplated doing so with my rogue or mage. But I really, REALLY enjoy the way hunters work. Just not happy with what bliz does to them over and over.

PS- please don't say "there's so much to do!... blah blah blah. etc." I'm not looking for suggestions. Just agree or disagree.
    I probably won't ever stop playing the class, even if it's terrible, because I simply enjoy it too much over other classes. However, I'm seriously worried that I will end up in a spot that I will be holding my raid back when they could bring a better class. Beginning of MoP was terrible, same kind of feeling and I feel it's returning again with the absolute mishandling of the removal of Readiness and our buffs.

I'll save my judgment for the numbers pass; there are supposedly across the board buffs incoming to compensate the removal of readiness; new stampede with pets doing 100% damage vs 25% is not awful on the PTR; I would imagine the buffs will be to all shots possibly between 10 - 20%; but that's just a very rough estimate.

I'd feel worse for you, but my main used to be a rogue.

We're like your retarded cousin that forgot how to use a bow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too strong in pvp, but too weak in pve. It's a bad situation for hunters to be in. Mop would be a lot more fun for me if we did better damage in raids compared to warlocks.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-08-11 at 05:18 AM.

I quit raiding for ToT because of the mediocre (read: non useful for progression without severely outgearing people) state that hunters were in in the PvE scene. I want to come back for SoO if the numbers pass puts us in a good spot, but I refuse to keep trudging along and hoping that we fixed as a class so that we're not an empty spot for heroic raiding. I plan on not playing in the next expansion if I don't like what I see in the next few months.

Maybe Blizz are trying to piss off all the Hunters so when they delete them next expansion and make Demon Hunters a class we aren't upset.

/tinfoilhat

I don't main a hunter but yeah you guys have been fucked pretty hard - Hopefully the balancing patch buffs you all a bit, Maybe to the top!

Did you get sat in favor of something else, or are you regularly raiding and you're burnt out?
    My point is, it may not be the class that has you feeling this way.
    If you never lost a raid spot, maybe you're burnt out on the tier?
    Or, if you DID lose a spot to another class, maybe you should reevaluate how you play, or ask your officers/Raid Leader why the change was made.
    Note this is NOT meant to bash the OP, or whatever. I just find it hard to believe that his lack of desire to raid is 100% because of the mediocrity of hunters. Let's not forget, folks, we are middle of the pack at worst, not dead last.

And like others have said, wait until the numbers changes for 5.4 roll in. If high numbers keep you happy, there's a decently good chance we'll get some good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    You're dreaming. We've been behind this entire expac because of the PvP ramifications. We're still strong as balls in PvP, just as strong on the PTR currently, what makes you think they're going to make us even stronger in PvP? Now I say PvP, because we all know that number balancing will not be done toward PvE alone. If they do a mage like buff to us and buff things only for PvE I'd be shocked. If they even buff Explosive shot a little bit, good bye BM. SV will pull ahead by leaps and bounds from our set bonus. If they buff KC enough to make it noticeable, it will cut through enemy lines in PvP like cake. If they buff Chimera, well, we can only hope.