Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Well.. then again with the new virtual realms maybe this will solve those problems.
    I'm hoping this as well not because I'm on a dead or dying server but just for a better overall community without having to spend $$ to move toons
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It feels underwhelming because it's a cloak and not a weapon.
    I like that it's not a weapon for a change. I also like that Blizzard took a step towards eliminating guild drama when it comes to deciding who should get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by otarma View Post
    The VFX of the cloaks are very mesmerizing.
    Way more than any other legendary before.
    Uh, I dunno... giant tornadoes spawning on everything (especially giant boss mobs) was a pretty sweet visual. And I think the wings looked far cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how I feel about this feature. I play on a pretty dead server that's to the point that if you don't get in a Nalak/Oondasta kill on tuesday there's a good chance you won't find a group at all for it. With the limitations on the requirement of having the cloak that'll drop potential group people down a lot. It seems like the fight is meant to be a harder one than the loot vendor that is Nalak with having people have to gear up and play enough to get the cloak but then it's also available to their alts which kinda shoots the idea of having geared people to do a hard boss.

Well.. then again with the new virtual realms maybe this will solve those problems.
    Dead server or not, it still can be done cross realm. OpenRaid is always doing them. Thats why the undid the restrictions of people from other realms, that couldnt get loot.
    Remember when servers were crashing when Oondasta first came out? Then the dying/low pop servers complained and they reversed their decision to allow other realms to get loot.

Hopefully the front page update on the legendary cloak is just bad datamining. Its back down to 20% AP/10 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Hopefully the front page update on the legendary cloak is just bad datamining. Its back down to 20% AP/10 hits.
    Down to 20% and only hits 5... I can't get the voice of Rob Snyder out of my head from Waterboy "Oh no! We suck again!"

40% and 5 targets would make sense. 20% and 5 targets makes it... even more underwhelming than when I originally started this thread.

Personally I wish they'd take out the aoe component and either give it a proc that does damage single target or if they were worried about aoe damage make it just a flat damage increase all around. I just seem them balancing this more around the potential aoe damage that could get out of hand if it procs at the right times (think of the old proc with unlimited targets with say a rogue on tortos that got this to proc every time bats came down). But, since this is a proc and not an on use I garuntee there will be many an unlucky streak of say a tortos like encounter that the cloak procs 5 seconds before adds spawn every time. Or if this is going to proc the way that dancing steel does you could sneeze while standing around afk and waste the proc accidentally.

Also the proc is very short so any potential downtime could completely screw you over a lot more than with a trinket proc. Say you're killing adds in a horridon type fight, cloak procs right when the last add is dead, shadow step is down or you use burst of speed so you need a second to get back to horridon. By the time you get there the cloak's proc is over and you've lost the proc. Most fights have some sort of down time or transition period and according to murphy's law I guarantee that this (as well as all proc trinkets/things along that nature) have an amazingly higher chance to proc when you can't use them and waste them.

So, my personal opinion would be to take out the aoe component since that makes it way too much of a gimmick item that could in a perfect world be amazing but in actual use will more than likely be an under tuned single target ability.

Down to 20% and only hits 5...
    For 3 seconds every .3 seconds is 10 hits. It ends up being 200% AP every ~37 seconds before armor, crit, and haste. That's pretty small for a legendary effect.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very underwhelming.

idk what to think of it the most legendary part is 3 secpmdary stats and a relativly high ilvl on it
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could have at least put some effort into the models. There hasn't been a nice looking piece of gear out since wotlk

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think people wouldn't be as upset if the epic cloak wasn't such a high ilvl. If it was BIS by a small margin and then when we upgraded to legendary the ilvl sky rocketed people would be a lot happier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    They could have at least put some effort into the models. There hasn't been a nice looking piece of gear out since wotlk
    That's subjective. you're entitled to your opinion but I think we should discuss mechanics/stats and not appearence.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Anyone knows if the meta will work on Siege helms ? If it doesnt I have a hard time seeing how any T16 helm will beat a heroic thunderforged ToT helm with a legendary meta on it.

Meta works in all helms above a certain ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Anyone knows if the meta will work on Siege helms ? If it doesnt I have a hard time seeing how any T16 helm will beat a heroic thunderforged ToT helm with a legendary meta on it.
    Going from ToT to Siege we're only losing the weapon prismatic sockets, meta gems are fine.

I just wanted a pretty weapon, tbh. Guess that shows where my priorities are.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two well geared hunters, one with the epic gem and cloak, and one without. They both do just about the same amount of dps so i don't think the cloak is all that powerful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I have two well geared hunters, one with the epic gem and cloak, and one without. They both do just about the same amount of dps so i don't think the cloak is all that powerful.
    The gem is very powerful, either your better legendary-progressed hunter sucks or the other 1 is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    I just wanted a pretty weapon, tbh. Guess that shows where my priorities are.
    The BoA items can be considered the legendary weapons of this xpac. They're pretty damn good (BiS for almost everyone) AND you can use it on any of your characters.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    The dps difference of having the cloak + gem and not, in 5.3, is about 10%. That's pretty huge.

Either there is a big gear disparity between your two hunters, or you aren't playing consistently.

I really want Blizzard, after Mists is over, to release figures on just what % of WoW players actually got the cloak (on one character).

I think a lot of the "OMG EVERYONE HAZ IT" brigade will have to backtrack.

We have done weapons...and weapons...and weapons...

Why not something different? Makes a nice change and gives them more data and ideas of where to go in future xpacs (i.e. what worked, what didn't).

Or most importantly...'sonly a game