Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    he's the lead system developer. the system is already developed. if the story guys decide to have another neutral race, they won't ask GC to develop another system for neutral races. they'll use the one that's done.

besides, my gut is telling me that GC dislikes neutral races because he's fond of the "red vs blue" theme, not because of how the system works.

this situation is kinda similar to how he once said that he doesn't like how flight makes the world too safe and a bunch of people jumped on the "REMOVE FLIGHT!" train.
    Well thats a question that should be asked. Does he personalky dislike the concept, or does he dislike the system for it. If it is the system, he can decide to wait on doing more to develop a new system. Things have been scrapped/changed/delayed due to their systems before. Remember when LFR had rolls? Or when they wanted to introduce Path of the Titans? The red-button heroic raids?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Well thats a question that should be asked. Does he personalky dislike the concept, or does he dislike the system for it. If it is the system, he can decide to wait on doing more to develop a new system. Things have been scrapped/changed/delayed due to their systems before. Remember when LFR had rolls? Or when they wanted to introduce Path of the Titans? The red-button heroic raids?
    agreed. he should have been more specific if he was speaking only for himself or for the WoW team as a whole, and if his "not a fan" stance was technical or ideological.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I would rather have a single, neutral, well developed race (Pandaren) than two races, one adequately developed (Belfs, Goblins) and the other a vestigial cast-off (Draenei, Worgen).

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    I would rather have a single, neutral, well developed race (Pandaren) than two races, one adequately developed (Belfs, Goblins) and the other a vestigial cast-off (Draenei, Worgen).
    Having current races well developed in terms of lore is not mutual exclusive the introduction of new races. For example, it was the NIGHT ELVES that brought in the Worgen for the Alliance and it was THE FORSAKEN that brought in Blood Elfves for the Horde. The latter one of course was beautifully conceived and developed well while the first one is meh.