Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find myself playing my Monk or Druid more than my warrior those days. I got sick of Fury in Wrath, and Blizzards apathy for Arms is depressing.

I still play my warrior for tanking and terrorizing old instances for transmog, but that's about it.

I havent yet, but i got to admit, that with the current state of warriors vs. paladins for example, i find it more tempting to tank with paladin as main in 5.4... But then again, warriors seems to be getting buffed enough to be competetive...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Arms will not get anywhere without massive buffs. Cleave fights or otherwise, its scaling is quite simply: shit.
    RPPM changes may or may not change much for us. It will lower other classes, but I highly expect them to see damage buffs to compensate. Likewise, I could be wrong but I believe that the top two Warrior trinkets next tier are ICD, not RPPM anyways, so the difference for us is moot anyways.
    Lastly, I don't know what kool-aid your drinking from if you think we are getting a "good defensive overhaul". The Stance change is a joke, there's absolutely no point to it. The only benefit will be if you screw up and hit the wrong stance maybe; and the difference between 3 seconds and 1.5 on your dps is almost insignificant. Unless they expect us to constantly cycle stances, I honestly don't know why they added it. Infact the whole reason for making it 3sec in the first place was so that people couldn't constantly dance and had to "think" about which Stance to use (which worked out real well ).
    The Shield Wall change is a slight DPS increase, but more than that it was just a sorely needed quality of life change. Its only a defensive buff in so much that people will actually use it now, because it won't cause them to lose DPS.
    Call those defensive buffs if you want, but we really didn't see any Defensive buffs that put us near on par with other classes.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the class, just really wish that we would get some worthwhile changes. Most of our talents are complete garbage, damage is at best mediocre and our rotations are full of design flaws (for both specs). GC tweets did indicate we would be seeing some DPS tuning love. I just hope it makes a difference.
    This whole expansion has been woefully short on Warrior love.
    well said 100%agree-nice to see a few others can see through the smoke and mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    Am i wasting my time leveling this class? Warrior, warlock, and hunter are the only classes i have left id like to get to 90. Currently just hit 55 on my warrior yet all i am reading is bad things about it. Should i just jump over to my lock or hunter instead?
    Being relatively weak on damage/survivability isn't such a big deal if you like the way a class plays. Being so low on damage that your spec isn't really viable for raiding is one thing, and only a few have that problem, but being low on damage AND having really jacked up mechanics is the point where I say enough is enough.

I stopped playing my warrior after the patch for cata hit. Tbh the reason I stopped playing my warrior all around is/was a rather dumb reason, but a reason that I still stand by! The change to how Heroic Strike and Cleave work just made it feel very weird. And that's it really haha. I've played my warrior here and there as a ALT but nothing more. I have tried to make my warrior my main a few times since tho(the first time was during dragon soul, the second was after MoP hit)but like I said, the reason I stopped playing it when the cata patch hit is the reason I couldn't follow through with making it my main, just didn't feel right.

And now I'm a BA resto druid! hahaha

Deleted
    my fully geared pvp warrior does less damage than my newly dinged unholy dk...epic facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Play a class because you like it, not because it's flavor of the month.
    Yes Warriors are not the end all be all at the moment. I am perhaps one of the worst complainers about the class, you get jaded when your raiding top end and see the pro's and con's in front of your face every day. I personally love the class and enjoy the hell out of it, I just get frustrated by it's limitations.
    Every class has been weak/strong at one point in the game, you just have to roll with the punches.
    I cannot remember a time since Wrath that mages were weak honestly. God, I hate saying that...

ANYways....I COMPLETELY agree with what you say. I think the world of playing fury. It does get frustrating when the range in your raid do 350k dps on an encounter that you can only hit 225k.

I'm in a daytime 10m Heroic guild. I have been with this guild since ICC and was always one of the top DPSers then and all through Cata. Then MoP happened, and no matter how well I play I'm at the bottom. T14 wasn't so bad because (being a daytime guild) we had trouble finding people, so I got to raid all the time. With T15 however, there has been a lot of daytime guilds falling apart this summer and we now have basically a DPSer of every class. I get rotated in on farm content, but have had to sit for all but 4 progression fights this tier simply because I am a warrior and any other class is better to bring.

If SoO stays that way I'll probably be rerolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your ilvl is pretty low to judge the warrior, although sims have warriors pretty low compared to others. My warrior was my 1st alt, followed by shaman,druid. Well my guild has tanks, so my druid is no longer in the rotation, and yes, I dropped my warrior for the monk (melee) and shaman is right behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Before I make this thread, I want to preface it with this: leave the trolling and ridiculous attitudes at the door. I am in no way shape or form attempting to say I am an authority on Warriors, this is merely my opinion. That's it. If you don't agree with me, reply with a suggestion or your opinion, not with how ignorant or stupid or lolbad you think I am.

I have been playing World of Warcraft since 2006. In 2007, I made my warrior, who was at that time an alt. At the beginning of WOTLK, my warrior became my main, as my account got hacked and I lost my Paladin. I have been playing a Warrior at a high end level for around 6 years now. I feel that I am good judge of the class as a whole because of my experience and time played, as well as my raiding achievements gained with him. I have no pvp achievements gained with the warrior class.

That being said, I have just decided to step away from the class at this point in time during MoP. Never before in my lengthy WoW career has the class been so..I don't know, I don't have the right words honestly. It's not hard, it's just RNG. It's not based on skill, at all. Especially my favorite spec, fury. Fury is nothing but an epic weapon and RNG procs for RB. It's stupid. I feel that NO class should be RNG based. A rotation should be a rotation for a reason, but basing something off a proc is ridiculous. Procs should be a bonus, not a crux.

I look at my characters as a whole and I just am confused. Here are my numbers:

Warrior - 502 ilvl, cannot maintain more than 75k DPS on a raid boss because I do not have epic weapons yet, and my attacks hit for nothing, and low crit.

Shaman - 485 ilvl, can maintain 80k dps on a 10 minute dummy test, add 10k+ in a raid situation with buffs

Paladin - 469 ilvl, can maintain 75k dps on dummy

Anyone see the problem here? It's frustrating. EXTREMELY frustrating. I don't raid anymore, I quit mid Cata. But that shouldn't mean that the class is completely gimped unless I have ToT raid gear. Why can I do so much DPS on my other toons yet they have half his gear? That is a PROBLEM, a gaping one, and I do not understand why Blizzard does not remedy it. The Warrior class has always had horrid scaling issues (ArP in WOTLK, anyone?) and it's about time that blizzard came up with a new melee/warrior model so that this isn't the case anymore.

As with virtually every other class, DPS should be about your rotation, and increased with gear, not simply gear no matter what. And Warriors are virtually the worst class effected by the scaling. So for now, I am playing my Ele shaman, having a great time healing on him as well, and tanking/dpsing on my Paladin. Whenever I log on my Warrior, I just get frustrated and ragequit. This shouldn't be so.

I guess this hits close to home considering it's the class I have played for near 7 years now.
    I agree with a lot of this sentiment, but fire-mages are affected JUST as harshly, if not even worse. Crit being your main stat just does not make for good scaling. Were you playing ARMS or fury? Arms is less about crit, more rotation based. Fury is all about your crit, with low crit you're boned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    I cannot remember a time since Wrath that mages were weak honestly. God, I hate saying that...
    I remember Mages being benched in Sunwell. They were weak, Compared to other Pures. However, they were still light-years ahead of Hybrids, so I feel no sympathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first character was a Warrior, and it was my main for about a year. Then one day I made a Hunter for fun, just to name pets, and I loved it. I've been a Hunter since.

I stopped playing about the time Terrace of Endless Spring came out. I just didn't like MoP that much and my real life was getting a bit busy so I just couldn't be bothered.

I came back to the game about 5 weeks ago.

Mind you back in TBC/WotLK I used to play really hardcore. Despite the different ups and downs, my guild was always happy to have me, as they could always depend on me performing to max. Once Cata came out, that guild fell apart and 99% of us moved away from serious raiding. The lockout merge was the last nail in the coffin. So I joined a small core of 4-5 friends, from the guild and we formed a super casual guild, to raid with on our little online time.

Now my point is, this time I came in and my friends plain and simple told me...Look you either reroll or we can't take you. In ToT having 2 melees is already too much and Warriors are only a drawback. As they have 1 War tank, they simply don't need a dps in raid.

So here I am. The thing is, I was never the alts kind of guy. Always only had 2 chars at max level. One alt for gathering professions. And I always raided only on my Warrior.

But now our damage is absolute rubbish, we are mediocre tanks. We suck in PvP. Overall the class is in a worse state then in 4.3, at least back then we could DPS, even if we sucked in PvP. But now we have nothing left. No tanking, no dps, no pvp.

Haven't been playing since 2 months, I love my warrior to bits.. but I'm just too tired to put up with Blizzards half-assed class balance in PvE, I went from destroying our guilds assassination rogue on a regular basis, and being very close to our guilds affliction lock, in T14 (back when all 3 specs were very close to one another), to always being below both on pretty much every fight. I pulled ranks on many fights, and still couldn't beat the assassination rogue and affliction lock. I just love the dps race.. and when it's completely favoring some specs over yours, it simply gets tiresome.

Maybe they will put more effort into PvE balance before 5.4 is out, but I'm just done holding my breath. Also lost my patience waiting for Arms to become a pve spec that's on par with fury, just doesn't seem like something that will ever happen in ghostcrabs WoW.

/rant done
    Last edited by Calamari; 2013-08-14 at 04:09 AM. Reason: derp grammar
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

I'm just tiring of Blizzards vision for the game. I have no interest in playing a wizard. For me this sort of fantasy game is all about playing a hulked-up ball of blades and muscle, and some dress-wearing, Harry Potter pussy is the exact opposite. It makes me sick that ranged DPS have such an advantage, specifically mages and warlocks, and that Blizzard refuses to allow plate DPS to be competitive with the effete weakling specs.

Deleted
    Having fun playing my warrior, waiting for 5.4 to come, kill gorash normal and take heirloom axe with spec looting as arms, respec OS to arms from fury, check out mastery build and go smash things with dat new shiny axe ;s

Its kinda wrong to chase for the "best", like 5year old kid always looking somthing what is best to play with, its more fun to play with what you enjoy playing and trying your hardest to acomplish as much as you can and feel fulfilled ;>

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my warrior, our guild has two warrior tanks... and we're aware we are crippled because of it. Warriors have the worst self-survival/healing of all tanks, have no fancy tools to avoid certain boss mechanics, and do the lowest DPS. I haven't moved on...
    ...but, I have been gearing up a brewmaster, meanwhile the other port warrior is working on his mage, and our windwalker has been gearing up a prot paladin. My gut says by then of SoO, we won't have a warrior tank.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharfox View Post
    I love my warrior, our guild has two warrior tanks... and we're aware we are crippled because of it. Warriors have the worst self-survival/healing of all tanks, have no fancy tools to avoid certain boss mechanics, and do the lowest DPS. I haven't moved on...
    ...but, I have been gearing up a brewmaster, meanwhile the other port warrior is working on his mage, and our windwalker has been gearing up a prot paladin. My gut says by then of SoO, we won't have a warrior tank.
    My guild faces this problem as well, while double Wars are not at all optimal it is not crippling either. We have traditionally had our WW monk and one of our DPS DKs gear an offset for fill in when absolutely needed or 3 tanks are required. The only fight I can think of that we never did with double War was H Lei Shen, we used a monk. If our second port war hadn't missed 2 weeks of early progression because of it, we very lokely would have done the fight double War.

Be nice if Warriors brought something to the game, or if our "mobility" meant a damn. Only nice thing I can say about double War is that sunder is always up!

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't rerolled and not going to - having said that, I'm not particulary happy about out state.

I like the protection rotation and utility - although hitting Shield Block does feel a bit boring compared to, say, Death Strike. It doesn't really give the same feeling of actively preventing the boss from killing you - Shield Barrier with high Vengeance is good though. Damage wise I feel somewhat behind, but Riposte should help work that out, so for protection I think 5.4 looks ok.

Fury however... As many people have already said - fury is just so fucking infuriating to play. Relying on a proc to even do good DPS is bullshit. I'm not particulary happy about CS as a mechanic either - 14 seconds of praying nothing goes wrong before the 6 seconds of unloading - and if something does go wrong (such as range/parries when boss is being moved, lack of BT crits or bad timing with adds) you're fucked. And even if you don't get fucked by RNG you still end up middle of the pack against equally geared and skilled players.

Been levelling my warlock as affliction a bit (still not planning to reroll) and I can already tell that they have a lot more finesse to distinguish a good player from a great player - all fury has to distinguish players is whether or not your praying for BT crits pay off.

God I hope they buff arms enough to be competitive in 5.4.

I think fury is actually the most complicated melee, much more so than any DK spec, ret, enhance, combat, assassination, or WW. The only 2 I am not sure about is feral and subtlety, neither of which I have any experience with at max level.