Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

I have 2 wars (90,85) and I enjoy them.
    You cared enough to post.

Stopped playing my protection warrior when mop came out. They completely ruined prot warrior playstyle for me. I really liked the feeling of constantly cleaving/hs:ing, while using shield slam, revenge and thunderclap/shockwave. Now its basicly just shield slam - revenge - devastate, until you get 60 rage for a barrier or shield block.

Switched to a brewmaster monk, and the playstyle kinda reminds me of old prot warrior, but still doesent feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Still, it feels pretty bad when you slowly come to realize that maybe your team would be far better if you gave your spot to an equally skilled and geared warlock/rogue/mage over yourself, because aside from dps, as a warrior we hardly bring anything else to the table that warrants a raid spot (aside from skull banner, arguably). It's not simply the dps difference that's frustrating, but also how warrior dps needs so much more babysitting from healers than pretty much any other dps class out there.
    I can see your point, but then it also depends on why you play. If you're racing for world 1sts or servers 1sts, it even just playing hardcore(AND if you find your performance is holding your team back.), that's a valid point of view.

I am not, and I do not feel I'm holding my team back whatsoever and am holding my own DPS wise. I may not top meters, but then the design of the fights doesn't allow me to allot of the time. Anyway, for me the above doesn't apply.

I'm sure I could squeeze out a small amount of DPS by switching to a ranged, and it would be helpful, but at the end of the day, I don't think (for me/my raid team) my being a fury warriors gimps us at all.

I suppose I'd class my raid team as semi hardcore. Hardcore enough to care about maxing our chants and reforges and consumables, and knowing strats....but no to the point of forcing people to re-roll their mains. (Tho we have the option to if we want too. Our shammy healer switched to pally recently as he liked the play-style more).

I suppose for me, it just seems like the "warriors are holding people back" stuff only really applies to a minority RIGHT at the top of raiding, tho obviously the feeling of this tends to spread out to (for lack of a better term) the "lower ranks".
    Last edited by Icaras; 2013-08-18 at 09:28 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    At the end of the day, its not all about min/maxing.
    Minmaxing is some crazy shit. I remember people mass race changing to troll just to get the *Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%.* passive racial.

On topic for me DK and warrior is the best stuff in this game. No matter how much we suck on simulators or in rbg's I think people should play what is fun and not what is doing the best performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    I was "forced" to re-roll away from my 547 heroic geared warrior about 2 months back, to fill the vacant warlock spot in our raids. 10 itemlevels below my warrior, and already outdamaging it on a non-gimmick fight. Now, with close to the same gearlevel, even more so - this with even more mandatory raid utility and personal survivability than what a warrior can bring.
    Heck, my enhancement shaman, 20 itemlevels below my warrior, is bursting 6-700k dps on the pull assuming everything is being popped. Damage which over the course of a shorter fight easily averages out to far higher than what any similarly, or moderately better geared warrior could do.

That being said, things are going to change next tier. Removal of large amounts of banked time on pull and haste double-dipping RPM trinkets is gonna be an insane nerf to pretty much all of the top classes at the moment, with exception of perhaps fire mages. For warriors it's going to be the other way around though, as base RPM procc-rates are getting buffed. Since we don't stack haste at all, it'll turn out (in most cases) to be a slight increase in trinket uptime overall. This in itself is a good thing.
    In addition to that, warriors are getting a good defensive overhaul, alongside a reduction on our stance cooldowns, effectively making defensive stance easier to use in a raid environment, and less penalising to your DPS.

All in all, I don't think warrior is going to be performing badly in T15. On the contrary, with some number-tuning (which is incoming in a few weeks time), I think warriors are gonna be one of the stronger classes. Arms is especially going to shine through exceptional cleaving, and with the gear available next tier, fury scaling will hopefully again be pretty strong single-target.
    We have only one warrior in the guild but he is running Fire mage now because even with buffs Soo is very hard on melee in general and much faster/easier to progress with little to no melee in the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Minmaxing is some crazy shit. I remember people mass race changing to troll just to get the *Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%.* passive racial.

On topic for me DK and warrior is the best stuff in this game. No matter how much we suck on simulators or in rbg's I think people should play what is fun and not what is doing the best performance.
    If you are in a progression guild then you are already behind as melee unless you are allowed to tunnel so playing whatever is fun for you doesnt really fit into progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I can see your point, but then it also depends on why you play. If you're racing for world 1sts or servers 1sts, it even just playing hardcore(AND if you find your performance is holding your team back.), that's a valid point of view.

I am not, and I do not feel I'm holding my team back whatsoever and am holding my own DPS wise. I may not top meters, but then the design of the fights doesn't allow me to allot of the time. Anyway, for me the above doesn't apply.

I'm sure I could squeeze out a small amount of DPS by switching to a ranged, and it would be helpful, but at the end of the day, I don't think (for me/my raid team) my being a fury warriors gimps us at all.

I suppose I'd class my raid team as semi hardcore. Hardcore enough to care about maxing our chants and reforges and consumables, and knowing strats....but no to the point of forcing people to re-roll their mains. (Tho we have the option to if we want too. Our shammy healer switched to pally recently as he liked the play-style more).

I suppose for me, it just seems like the "warriors are holding people back" stuff only really applies to a minority RIGHT at the top of raiding, tho obviously the feeling of this tends to spread out to (for lack of a better term) the "lower ranks".
    At a ilvl of 507 this far into the xpac i dont think you are anywhere near even semi-hardcore but sounds more like extremely casual. You think you would gain a little bit of dps going to range then your range must be really bad.

I leveled a warrior during Wrath of the Lich King. I was a fun class (at least for Protection) until they changed how rage generation works. I moved from the Druid Bear I played for 5.5 years and my brand new Warrior. Not necessarily because of the nerfs, but because how it is designed now.

nope, still here. I'm not one to abandon ship at the first sight of bad news.

Deleted
    No, I enjoy Arms. Been Arms the entire expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    A furious berserker wielding a weapon in each hand, unleashing a flurry of attacks to carve <his/her> opponents to pieces.
    i love to see the berseker part live some day i will play my warr to the end i just dont understand why blizz butchered the spec so much
    berserker means fast paced attacks why frost dk have the haste buff frost supposed to be slow pls blizz stop killing the father of all melee classes

Warrior was the first char I ever played on. Played prot in normal mode ICC10. It was fun. Played a bit of Arms in PvE in Dragon Soul. Now in MoP I got mine to 90 and geared to about 480~ish and called it quits. I hardcore raid on my Brewmaster and upkeep (lfr/scenario) every other tank, and I can definitely say I can't stand my warrior. I'm hoping these new crit changes and stuff will bring me back toward it gradually, but as of right now I'll stick to tanking on my Monk/Pally/Druid.

I do understand what people say "play what you enjoy and have fun" kinda deal, and I totally get it, and for casual players it is acceptable I suppose, but playing on a more serious level, and sometimes even casually, it can ruin the game experience being out-numbered and out-performed by a significantly worse player just because they play the 'right' class and you don't. And players having to give up their spot/re-roll just because their class sucks so much just isn't cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    Warrior was the first char I ever played on. Played prot in normal mode ICC10. It was fun. Played a bit of Arms in PvE in Dragon Soul. Now in MoP I got mine to 90 and geared to about 480~ish and called it quits. I hardcore raid on my Brewmaster and upkeep (lfr/scenario) every other tank, and I can definitely say I can't stand my warrior. I'm hoping these new crit changes and stuff will bring me back toward it gradually, but as of right now I'll stick to tanking on my Monk/Pally/Druid.

I do understand what people say "play what you enjoy and have fun" kinda deal, and I totally get it, and for casual players it is acceptable I suppose, but playing on a more serious level, and sometimes even casually, it can ruin the game experience being out-numbered and out-performed by a significantly worse player just because they play the 'right' class and you don't. And players having to give up their spot/re-roll just because their class sucks so much just isn't cool.
    If you aren't really pushing progression on a hardcore level, the chances of your class' contribution in DPS being a factor in a kill vs wipe is far outweighed by simply executing the encounter properly. That even applies to people who think they're hardcore.

It is most frequently accurate to tell someone who's asking the question "are Warriors viable" or "which Warrior spec is viable" to just play what they enjoy. The folks asking those questions are not hardcore progression and as long as they play the spec they enjoy well, they'll get through the encounter just fine.
    Last edited by Prag; 2013-08-22 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    If you aren't really pushing progression on a hardcore level, the chances of your class' contribution in DPS being a factor in a kill vs wipe is far outweighed by simply executing the encounter properly. That even applies to people who think they're hardcore.

It is most frequently accurate to tell someone who's asking the question "are Warriors viable" or "which Warrior spec is viable" to just play what they enjoy. The folks asking those questions are not hardcore progression and as long as they play the spec they enjoy well, they'll get through the encounter just fine.
    Even for the "Hardcore" class contribution is not as big an issue as you'd think. 90% of time it's player skill before class balance. Obviously there are extremes. Choice of taking 5 warlocks or 1 warlock and 4 hunters; but who actually has 5 warlocks (of a similar gear level and skill) to choose from?

<Pure> ended the tier US 24th, we did for a large portion have 3 warlocks, but we also had far more melee than most guilds. 2 dps Warriors, 2 DK's, 2-3 Rogues, 1 Ret on almost every progression kill.

Unless your talking about world < 20 races, class damage contribution is much less of a factor than player skill.

On topic: Warriors aren't great but they aren't terrible. I personally love the class, it has been my main since classic beta and I will continue to play it for many years to come. Like the rest said; play what you 1) enjoy, and 2) are good at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    <Pure> ended the tier US 24th, we did for a large portion have 3 warlocks, but we also had far more melee than most guilds. 2 dps Warriors, 2 DK's, 2-3 Rogues, 1 Ret on almost every progression kill.
    And wouldn't you swap one of those warriors for one extra DK, rogue, ret equally geared and skilled if you had the chance?

No because my guild 1) values it's players and doesn't force people to swap just because their class isn't great at the moment, 2) isn't racing towards world first, 3) rets are mostly as bad or worse than Warriors
    This is all about your guilds mindset. Only time we sat people for specific classes was when it was required (2 dk's and as many warlocks as you could get for grips and portals on Lei Shen, for example). We know we aren't world top 10, why try to class stack?
    We also run a very light roster (<30 raiders), more people means more sitters, swapping people, and weaker individual players as gear is spread out more.

We also did almost every fight with 2 Warrior tanks. Only Lei Shen, we used a Monk because one of our Warriors was out of town for 2 weeks of early progression on him. Not because Monks are better (they are).
    Maybe my guild is just special

3) rets are mostly as bad or worse than Warriors
    Nop...

sub 20% maybe, but above: nop

I meant over all, can't only judge 100-20%. And it was mostly just a snub joke at my guilds Retadin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant over all, can't only judge 100-20%. And it was mostly just a snub joke at my guilds Retadin.
    Ya FUCK RETS!

If I'm honest I've moved on with WoW, but then I found a highly populated WOTLK private server, tried it out and remembered why I loved that expansion so much. I love playing Warrior in WOTLK, no normalised rage feels so much better to me. When I go to play my retail Warrior on Panda I just feel a big "blehhh" coming over me and I just don't feel it so much.

There are so many reasons as to why I love playing WOTLK Warrior so much (Arms, Fury and Protection), that I find hard to explain with words, but it wasn't just Nostalgia. I enjoy it more, the combat feels more satisfying and intuitive and it has something that is missing in MOP that I can't put my finger on.

I really liked playing Arms PVE at the start of Pandaria but I felt they ruined it with the massive sweeping changes, just as I felt that Arms at the end of Cata was really enjoyable, but I haven't enjoyed Fury (my favoured spec) since WOTLK.

Warrior is the only class I've played as a main in WoW, I chose my class and stuck with it. Right now I just feel Blizzard have ruined its identity, and the future doesn't look too bright.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-08-23 at 10:33 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry if im not contributing but why cant all classes scale the same damage rather the devs having to constantly nerf>buff>nerf>buff?

Someone previously suggested that warriors should do fire damage as most if not all classes have some sort of spell/ability to bypass armor. I think they should bring back armor pen as the arms (maybe fury too)warrior mastery instead of this opportunity strikes bs! I started playing warrior 3 months after sunwell came out as an alt but I liked it better than my rogue and it became my main since then. I miss mace stuns. I miss the 100% chance to crit with mortal strike following charge. I even miss that stupid armored to the teeth talent. I mostly miss stacking armor pen and running around being unkillable as prot, shockwave -> devastatex2 -> shield bash -> concussion blow -> devastatex2 -> shield bash -> devastate -> shield slam -> target dead. Now all we do as arms is annoy the shit out of the other teams healer with shockwave and beating them with that wet noodle damage.