Poll: What's Your Favorite Form of Content?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's Your Favorite Form of Content?

WoW allows players to engage in many different aspects of gameplay as they choose. What is your favorite form of content to spend your time on?

For me, I probably enjoy leveling the most, followed closely by 5-man dungeons/Heroic 5-man dungeons. I kind of view both of those combined as sort of the early to middle stages of character progression, the latter obviously being defined by raiding. I enjoy developing my character, learning new spells and abilities, discovering new zones, quest lines, and instances, and beginning to gear up. Once I hit max level and just begin to grind rep, currency, and gear, I tend to get a little bored and become interested in rolling a new toon once again.

So, that's how I like to play the game. What about you?

EDIT: I totes should've included "Soloing" and probably a bunch of other things I haven't thought of yet as poll options. My bad on that.

EDIT 2: Should've included "Scenarios," and "Achievements," among other things I'm sure people will remind me of.

EDIT 3: /smh... Forgot any type of PvP in the Poll... Arenas, RBGs, etc. Fail poll is fail.
    Last edited by Vigilant; 2013-08-13 at 01:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything to advance the story. Scenario, raids (including LFR), quests etc.

Far as I'm concerned raids and dungeons are the only forms of content worth releasing. Get these "setup" patches that are just a bunch of dailies out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Anything to advance the story. Scenario, raids (including LFR), quests etc.
    I can sympathize with this, although the story of MoP hasn't been very compelling to me. I was super into the storyline of TBC and WotLK, and to a lesser extent that of Cata. MoP just hasn't done it for me at all, though.

I can sympathize with this, although the story of MoP hasn't been very compelling to me. I was super into the storyline of TBC and WotLK, and to a lesser extent that of Cata. MoP just hasn't done it for me at all, though.
    MoP story is way better than Cata's. Cata had some potential with the time travel, but Blizzard was lazy and phoning it while getting ready for MoP. The whole expansion just felt like a bunch of disjointed gibberish tied very loosely together.

Wrath was great.

Raids, raids and more raids!

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    MoP story is way better than Cata's. Cata had some potential with the time travel, but Blizzard was lazy and phoning it while getting ready for MoP. The whole expansion just felt like a bunch of disjointed gibberish tied very loosely together.

Wrath was great.
    I think setting and story are inextricably linked to me. For example, I loved getting to quest through the revamped Hyjal and the added Twighlight Highlands in the Eastern Kingdoms. Everything felt so closely tied to the protection of Azeroth, which is compelling to me. The protection of Pandaria is pretty... meh, to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    I think setting and story are inextricably linked to me. For example, I loved getting to quest through the revamped Hyjal and the added Twighlight Highlands in the Eastern Kingdoms. Everything felt so closely tied to the protection of Azeroth, which is compelling to me. The protection of Pandaria is pretty... meh, to me.
    That's funny, cause for me the story has gotten progressively better each expansion.

I've always enjoyed doing dungeons (achievements included) with a small group of friends. I'm disappointed at the lack of them in MoP. Scenarios are not a substitute, they are slapped together with pre-existing assets because Blizzard has become more concerned with the speed at which content is released and less concerned with the quality.

Uhm, there's no scenarios option.

Not that I harbor anything but loathing towards scenarios, mind you, it's just - well - it's becoming a pretty big part of the game.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    That's funny, cause for me the story has gotten progressively better each expansion.
    Fair enough. To each his own

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    I've always enjoyed doing dungeons (achievements included) with a small group of friends. I'm disappointed at the lack of them in MoP. Scenarios are not a substitute, they are slapped together with pre-existing assets because Blizzard has become more concerned with the speed at which content is released and less concerned with the quality.
    Ugh. I should've included "Achievements" as a poll option. I suppose that can fall under "Collecting."

To your point, I feel like content has been released WAY too fast during MoP, which has only served to decrease the amount that I can be bothered to farm rep, currency, and gear at max level. Each tier of gear becomes irrelevant SO quickly these days.

Deleted
    Collecting different things, like achievements, mounts and pets.
    Also soloing and pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Uhm, there's no scenarios option.

Not that I harbor anything but loathing towards scenarios, mind you, it's just - well - it's becoming a pretty big part of the game.
    Yeah, that's my bad. Honestly, I just completely forgot about them.

I have to say, it's a bit disheartening to me how Raiding is just running away with this thing already. I feel like that's just more fuel for the "Blizzard pushing out raid content at blinding speed" fire.

Collecting - achievements, mounts, pets, recipes, alts... you name it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Yeah, that's my bad. Honestly, I just completely forgot about them.

I have to say, it's a bit disheartening to me how Raiding is just running away with this thing already. I feel like that's just more fuel for the "Blizzard pushing out raid content at blinding speed" fire.
    Could just rename the 5-mans option to "dungeons/instances" or whatever. Scenarios are pretty much the same thing.

It is a little depressing how many people just log on to raid when there's so much more to the game than raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Questing should be on the poll.

Not all questing falls under leveling or dailies.

Or Lore maybe? Or Story? Another MMO-C poll that is impossible to answer. Surprise!

5 man dungeons. Should explain why my account is inactive atm lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quests.

I would much prefer epic quest lines to a repetitive (often storyless) dungeon. Obviously long quest chains aren't a viable form of content to bring constantly because they can only be done once, and I accept that. I'm just saying that they are much more fun than most dungeons and raids offered. For example, I loved the 5.1 quest chain. I wish Blizzard would do stuff like that every patch, as it was phenomenal.

To be frank, I don't really care about gearing my character up anymore. I've played this game since early TBC, and while I loved raiding back then, not so much anymore. The only reason I play this game is for the story. Anything that brings me lore is preferred, and it just so happens quests often bring the best lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Quests.

I would much prefer epic quest lines to a repetitive (often storyless) dungeon. Obviously long quest chains aren't a viable form of content to bring constantly because they can only be done once, and I accept that. I'm just saying that they are much more fun than most dungeons and raids offered. For example, I loved the 5.1 quest chain. I wish Blizzard would do stuff like that every patch, as it was phenomenal.

To be frank, I don't really care about gearing my character up anymore. I've played this game since early TBC, and while I loved raiding back then, not so much anymore. The only reason I play this game is for the story. Anything that brings me lore is preferred, and it just so happens quests often bring the best lore.
    I've only really raided for 2 xpacs, and I already can't convince myself to keep up with the rat race that is staying geared with the current BiS. It's such a fleeting thing. I prefer grinding reputations, collecting mounts/pets, or getting any other kind of achieves to just raiding for gear. At least that stuff is semi-permanent.

Deleted
    Aside from raiding, I get the most out of 5mans honestly.

As a bit of an altoholic, having meaningful gear progression outside of raids (since I only have time for 1 raiding main) is what I get the most out of... unfortunately, I find scenarios rather boring and don't feel they fill the gap in terms of fun, even if they do provide some (random) gear.

Transmog stuff is second. I like to spend time collecting nice pieces of gear and thinking up new looks/themes for my characters.

I don't tend to bother with quests (dailies included) apart from what is needed for leveling up to max. Don't do much "solo" content/pet battles/achievements either unless I am *very* bored.

If I wasn't raiding I wouldn't bother playing the game, so that's my vote.