Heirloom weapons off Garrosh

I have my toons on various servers, and with these heirloom weapons that really screws me over. Has Blizzard said anything about cross realm heirlooms recently?

A piece of heirloom gear is far from necessary. It does not screw you over at all. Live without it.

No... the technology 'doesn't exist'.... after 5 years, it still doesn't exist. Much like the technology to have more than 10 characters on a realm 'doesn't exist'... until there are 11 classes.

Especially with this whole CRZ and now virtual realms or whatever they're calling it, I have a harder and harder time believing the technology was ever even attempted.

Guess I have to pray some of my realms get 'connected'.

I don't even know if there's a guarantee that realms that are connected will be able to have BoA stuff sent across them. They have said you can join guilds, use the AH, etc, and the realms should act like one big realm, but I haven't read anything yet about mailing and BoA. If you can end up mailing across your connected realms, the whole 'technology doesn't exist' thing kinda gets thrown out the window in my eyes.

With Flex raids being available with realid, why not have toons on the other servers join a flex raid via realid if you can't pug locally ?

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Especially with this whole CRZ and now virtual realms or whatever they're calling it, I have a harder and harder time believing the technology was ever even attempted.
    I don't recall ever seeing a post saying 11 character slots was beyond their technology, can you provide a link please?

I know I know, Blizzard is just evil and greedy and wants you to give them all your money.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    No... the technology 'doesn't exist'.... after 5 years, it still doesn't exist. Much like the technology to have more than 10 characters on a realm 'doesn't exist'... until there are 11 classes.

1. They haven't said if they'll work with Virtual Realms
    2. The technology legitimately doesn't exist. They work off of an Engine that is almost 10 years old. It's harder than you think.
    3. The rest of your points make no sense and they're just jabs going all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    With Flex raids being available with realid, why not have toons on the other servers join a flex raid via realid if you can't pug locally ?

I don't recall ever seeing a post saying 11 character slots was beyond their technology, can you provide a link please?

I know I know, Blizzard is just evil and greedy and wants you to give them all your money.
    I'm not sure where anybody mentioned flex...

I think it's because they have no communication in place between data centres. A realm based in Paris can't talk to one in Frankfurt, for example.

It would probably be better to simply flag an account as having access to heirlooms. That way it can check it and allow you to deck out your new toons in whatever heirlooms your account has earned, allow multiple toons with the same item (without needing to swap items over, or buy multiple copies) and have them on any realm at all. You wouldn't be able to vendor them, obviously, but I don't think you can do that now.

Would be nice if Archaeology items were heirlooms as well, because they're all pretty much shit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    I'm not sure where anybody mentioned flex...
    You said you have toons on various servers, are you saying none of those other toons are level 90 ? I was assuming you're concern was that certain toons wouldn't be able to get into a normal raid on that server. Since the Heirloom drops from Flex raids, you have a means to get those toons in a raid for a chance at the weapon to drop. So I don't see why it's such a big deal not to be able to mail them.

You said you have toons on various servers, are you saying none of those other toons are level 90 ? I was assuming you're concern was that certain toons wouldn't be able to get into a normal raid on that server. Since the Heirloom drops from Flex raids, you have a means to get those toons in a raid for a chance at the weapon to drop. So I don't see why it's such a big deal not to be able to mail them.
    My main will be getting Garrosh weapons from heroic mode... with two other 90s on that server which I most likely won't be playing the rest of the expansion. If I remember the heirlooms are better Heroic than Normal or Flex? Also I'm sure I could get into a normal Garrosh kill, I doubt I could get into a Heroic Garrosh kill on an alt.

I like having toons spread out amongst realms, don't get me wrong. But I would like an interface option (like pets & mounts?) to use heirlooms.

My main will be getting Garrosh weapons from heroic mode... with two other 90s on that server which I most likely won't be playing the rest of the expansion. If I remember the heirlooms are better Heroic than Normal or Flex? Also I'm sure I could get into a normal Garrosh kill, I doubt I could get into a Heroic Garrosh kill on an alt.

I like having toons spread out amongst realms, don't get me wrong. But I would like an interface option (like pets & mounts?) to use heirlooms.
    I think we would all love to have a Tab to access all our heirlooms, maybe 6.0 will bring it, but probably limited to connected realms.

Flex, normal, Heroic doesn't matter to me. The only thing I really want on it is +10% experience gained, but doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Oh if it had experience gain I would be demanding it. /jokes.

Blizzard will most likely make it so at 90 the heroic version is better and 91 it equals out.

If I recall correctly the only thing they ever said on the matter was that they didn't want to add more slots because of storage issues with so many people and their bank alts that never get used. It had nothing to do with not being able to, they just didn't think there was a good enough reason until they added an 11th class.