Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had Ingram on my "do not draft" list, and would drop him for sure to get a decent back up TE to fill in for your bye week.

I've got a hefty dose of bye weeks this week... not high expectations. I probably need either Brees or Calvin to go bonkers to have any real chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to put out feelers - anyone have any interest in Vick? He currently sits at 4th among QBs. Obviously health is always a risk with him, but it looks pretty clear that he's going to have a monster fantasy season with Kelly there as long as he's healthy.

I'd also consider dealing Brees, but the asking price would be higher.

Primarily looking for a running back, willing to deal basically anything I have in the right move. Let me know!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Colts D/ST vs. Seattle or Rams D/ST vs. Jags?

Colts D has been fantastic the past 2 weeks (held the Niners to 7 points before the Jags game), whereas the Rams D has been awful pretty much all year. Not producing turnovers or touchdowns of any kind, and the fact that their offense is beyond pathetic doesn't bode well for keeping the defense off the field.

With all that said, it's still the Jags and Blaine Gabbert....

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    With all that said, it's still the Jags and Blaine Gabbert....
    That's really all I need to know!

Also, the bust potential going with Indy is pretty high. They might have a good day, but they might get thoroughly lit up. There's absolutely no chance of the Jags lighting anyone up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rams would be the safe bet. Colts doing something on D is possible, but ST will be nil. I honestly don't remember the last time Seattle has allowed a decent run back, let alone a ST TD.

Yah. I would pick the Rams as well. The Jags traded away their tackle. So Long is gonna be going up against a rookie or a backup.

What do you guys think of the trade in MMO1 league? Did I give up too much, too little, or fair trade?

I pretty much would always rather be on the side getting the bigger piece in a trade, especially in a smaller league where it's relatively easy to get viable players off the waiver wire. That said, I think that trade's really interesting because you're getting one guy that's a mortal lock to have a very nice season (Marshall), one guy that will be at least good and possibly excellent (Nelson), and basically giving four ceiling guys.

So, the guys you're giving up - Desean Jackson was a monster in the first two games and I think he'll keep getting a ton of targets, but he's wildly inconsistent and super dependent on hitting big plays. Personally, I don't enjoy him. Garcon sure looks like he's going to have a nice season. The running backs, we really have no idea what they're going to be. As you know, I still think Spiller's a valuable asset and I still think he's going to be good going forward, but he sure hasn't shown it yet. By Football Outsiders, he's literally been the worst running back in the league, and it's probably not because of the line, since Fred Jackson's been one of the best. So, he's definitely a mystery. I think he's what the trade will swing on in terms of whether you got value. Bell looks to be the feature guy for Pittsburgh, but they're really, really bad. Counting on him scoring regularly seems unlikely.

Given your specific team, I think you made a really good move. Bell and Spiller have plenty of upside, but they're just flippable assets when you have Forte and McCoy. With Bowe being wildly disappointing, grabbing real receivers seems like a good move. You'll be dangerously thin on the bench until Steven Jackson comes back, but it's a worthwhile gamble.

In another league I'm in with friends.. 10 Team, Standard
    I traded V. Cruz WR for D. Martin RB and J. Thomas TE, Thoughts on that trade?

My roster is:
    QB - T. Romo
    RB - D. Murray, G. Bernard, S. Ridley and C. J Spiller
    WR - V. Cruz, R. Cobb, A. J Green, J. Gordon, P. Garcon, E. Decker, D. Avery
    TE - J. Cook

As you can see I was fairly stacked at WR, and needed a bit of help at RB and major help at TE. But the person I'm trading with has J. Graham so didnt lose anything trading away his backup TE and has A. Morris, B. Powell and L. Bell, and J. Rodgers at RB so he's still ok there. Plus he has P. Manning... so he will have a very stacked team as well.

I've been trying to trade both Spiller and Ridley in that league but nobody will take them, even those people who need RB help.. its like posion lol.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the details of the trade Celdiseth? B. Marshall and J. Nelson for D. Jackson, P. Garcon, C. J Spiller and L. Bell?

I'd have to know how much depth you have at those positions since thats a lot of players to trade.
    But I like the trade in a vacuum. I'd give it a B+ If you have Forte and McCoy as Spectral indicates then that is a really good trade for you.
    Last edited by Alae; 2013-10-03 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    Since I think Martin's going to recover to have a really good season, I think you won that trade easily. He hasn't busted a big run yet, but we know based on last season that's he's perfectly capable of busting big runs. The touches are certainly there (and insane 107 in just 4 games), and I still think Doug Martin's a really, really good running back. I'd be happy to get Martin for Cruz without getting Thomas, to be honest. Getting Thomas is some great icing on that cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    In another league I'm in with friends.. 10 Team, Standard

My roster is:
    QB - T. Romo
    RB - D. Murray, G. Bernard, S. Ridley and C. J Spiller
    WR - V. Cruz, R. Cobb, A. J Green, J. Gordon, P. Garcon, E. Decker, D. Avery
    TE - J. Cook

As you can see I was fairly stacked at WR, and needed a bit of help at RB and major help at TE. But the person I'm trading with has J. Graham so didnt lose anything trading away his backup TE and has A. Morris, B. Powell and L. Bell, and J. Rodgers at RB so he's still ok there. Plus he has P. Manning... so he will have a very stacked team as well.

I've been trying to trade both Spiller and Ridley in that league but nobody will take them, even those people who need RB help.. its like posion lol.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the details of the trade Celdiseth? B. Marshall and J. Nelson for D. Jackson, P. Garcon, C. J Spiller and L. Bell?

I'd have to know how much depth you have at those positions since thats a lot of players to trade.
    But I like the trade in a vacuum. I'd give it a B+ If you have Forte and McCoy as Spectral indicates then that is a really good trade for you.
    My roster was:
    QB - Luck / Stafford
    RB - Mccoy / Forte / S.Jackson / Bell / Spiller / Brown (Mccoy Handcuff)
    WR - Bowe / D.Jackson / Garcon
    TE - Cook
    I stream Defenses and Kickers

I traded Bell, Spiller, D.Jackson, and Garcon for Marshall and Jordy Nelson. I love my starting RBs. Mccoy and Forte will forever be in my starting line up outside Byes and injuries. So, Bell and Spiller would be fighting for a flex spot. I really thought I needed help at WR and went after some true number 1s who I could play no matter the match up. I like D.Jackson but he is so dependent on Vick (as an Eagles fan for life, I had to endure the decision making, if you can call it that, of Vick). And I thought I still needed to sweeten the deal with Garcon instead of Bowe. I also grabbed Olsen off the waivers this week to hopefully at least strengthen my TE position a little bit. Ill play the matchups and hope another Tight End gets dropped for a bye week or something. We shall see.

Also, I hate Jimmy Graham!!! I lost last week by .18 because of that third down conversion he got in the last couple minutes of the game. Even with his 2 TDs, I was still ahead. But nooooooo...he had to go and catch one more pass for like 3 yards. Seriously!!!?!?!?......I hate him!

And for your trade, I think it is a good trade for you. While I am not as high on Martin as Spectral, I think also getting Thomas is great. I don't think Martin will be this bad all season, but I don't think he will great either. The Bucs seem to be going through a lot of shit and their offense just can't cope with it. Until Glennon proves to be a good QB, defenses are just gonna stack the box. But you were stacked at WR and you really didn't give up much for that potential. If the Bucs can get their shit together and Spiller starts to show what he did last year, you could have some dangerous RBs. Even Gio Bernard is starting to take the number 1 spot from BGE and that will be huge for you.

I don't know if this is a great idea, but it seems like the Ravens are wanting to get Rice more involved. You could try packaging Murray and Ridley together for Rice. I know he has put a few bad weeks so far. And you could have a ton of potential at RB with 3 first round picks. I think that if you wanted to get rid of Spiller and Ridley, your gonna have to package them with someone who has done something so far, and not package them together.

Hmm, can anyone give me an opinion before the Browns play tonight?

I got Willis McGahee, Brandon Myers, and Garrett Graham in a 1 PPR league. I can only start one of them in my flex spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    Hmm, can anyone give me an opinion before the Browns play tonight?

I got Willis McGahee, Brandon Myers, and Garrett Graham in a 1 PPR league. I can only start one of them in my flex spot.
    I would go with Brandon Myers against the Eagles defense. Graham is the 2nd tight end on the Texans and the Browns just want to throw the ball as much as they can.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fred Jackson gave me 21.30 points last night man he has been my back bone all season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    Fred Jackson gave me 21.30 points last night man he has been my back bone all season.
    What round did you draft him? beyond the 10th, I'm sure. Best bargain deal of the season!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm so DMC is doubtful for the Sunday late nighter. I'm highly considering starting Jennings since he's their only healthy back, but I would have to sit Gore or T Rich. Rich is going against Seattle though... this is tough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amendola is active, but I don't think I should play him yet. I feel he's just gonna be like Roddy White, out there for a decoy.

Well, I'm either gonna be a genius or a complete moron this week. Witten is out for Amendola, Chris Johnson out for Rashard Mendenhall.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-10-06 at 04:45 PM.

I love ESPN right now. They gave the Chiefs D/ST 2 extra TDs, they now have 30 points. They also gave the titans D/ST -4 TDs for a grand total of -18 points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I screwed the pooch. Witten already has as much points as Amendola did, and Mendenhall isn't getting anything to compete with Chris Johnson's 14 points. I need the Chargers to have a fantastic game tonight. Which could happen against Oakland.

Tony Romo just saved my ass. It's not looking good for me this week. I'm gonna be 4-1. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Victor Cruz and AJ Green combining for 20 is fucking me. They're each supposed to be scoring that.

- - - Updated - - -

God bless Tony Romo. I'm gonna have to have my grandparents pray for him tonight LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now Witten is sitting on my bench with 18 points. Who'd expect him to do that against Denver?