Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its probably just something simple like alphabetical or based on the date the owner created it. I honestly don't think you can see the second tie breaker if it exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got back from being out of town for 8 days to find I'm on the cusp of going 2-0 in my absence, from here on I resolve to pay no attention to the league just as I have done recently, surely the wins will pour in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    And you beat me anyway. Damn Cincy defense. Good game, sir.
    That's the only thing that saved me (although 15 points for a kicker...damn). 1.5 points Jason Witten, 3 points Justin Blackmon, 1.9 Jaquizz Rodgers, 4.2 Eric Decker. That's just super sad. I got more bye's next week, and more people who I'm not sure will play. Then, week 10, no Jamal Charles. Free win for Spectral. Maybe Rivers (and Gates) will put up some numbers on Washington next week.

Tempted to drop Roddy White. Really damn sad that both my top receiver picks haven't even played all year (basically).

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    On a side note, I have a dilemma. The GM of my money league is 1-6 heading into this week. He decided to give his wife his best players and take her bad ones. I was approached by another player who also sees this as unfair. We both discussed simply making a super team and splitting the money. What do you guys think?
    I agree with xskarma, that is akin to cheating/match fixing. Especially given that the person who is pumping/dumping is the commish and the only person with the power to veto? Thats why the option to allow league members to vote is a good one. In this situation I think the fairest option would to have everyone just get refunded their initial stakes. Otherwise just contact the other members and let them know what you and the other person are planning and give them the option of teaming up in groups of 2 to do the same thing that the commish is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazshax View Post
    My opponent in MMO2 started Doug Martin, and Thursday night watching the Bucs game I was thinking, "sucks to be him". But sometime between then and now he was able to sub Martin out for Frank Gore. Since when can you swap out a player whose team has already played for the week?
    That is possibly because of me... I try and make sure that everyone is active, but when I spot that someone hasnt logged in recently and hasnt made lineup adjustments I will intervene.. but usually only if they have a valid player on the bench, or if they have a mandatory player type on bye and no alternative options I will drop an IR or long term injured player to pick up a replacement, but only after waivers has cleared.

I'm not sure if League managers ability to alter line ups is different from normal users? But I was under the impression that if a player was listed as IA pre game and didnt participate during that game that they still could be swapped after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I got back from being out of town for 8 days to find I'm on the cusp of going 2-0 in my absence, from here on I resolve to pay no attention to the league just as I have done recently, surely the wins will pour in.
    I wish I had your managerial skills... I'm trying to win and not even having that much luck :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have five wide receivers. Two are off, two are inactive. I'm fucked next week. Then, we have Charles with a knee injury, and being off in two weeks. I'm so gonna lose. Then again, I realized it'd be a bad year when my two top WR picks were hurt all year.

10+ Year Old Account
    As bad as I'm doing in Fantasy, at least I'm doing well in the MMO-C Pick 'em league. 1st place there with 40 points ahead on the next person, cause of a 11-2 prediction week.

My second FF league has been doing well, but with Doug Martin down, and on my bench, and Percy Harvin down, and on my bench, and Roddy White down and on my bench, I'm kinda struggeling for room to get players subbed in for bye weeks. >.< Ah well, I'll make it work somehow. Worst case scenario I have to drop Roddy for a decent flex player, and try to sneak him back next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    That is possibly because of me... I try and make sure that everyone is active, but when I spot that someone hasnt logged in recently and hasnt made lineup adjustments I will intervene.. but usually only if they have a valid player on the bench, or if they have a mandatory player type on bye and no alternative options I will drop an IR or long term injured player to pick up a replacement, but only after waivers has cleared.

I'm not sure if League managers ability to alter line ups is different from normal users? But I was under the impression that if a player was listed as IA pre game and didnt participate during that game that they still could be swapped after the game.
    Isn't that against the spirit of the game? People who put in more effort should win more games, right? And my players show as locked once their team has played, even if they're inactive.

To be clear, I'm not trying to whine. I actually would have lost regardless of the change. But having a team you don't even monitor keep winning even though you're no longer actively participating is dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that against the spirit of the game? People who put in more effort should win more games, right? And my players show as locked once their team has played, even if they're inactive.

To be clear, I'm not trying to whine. I actually would have lost regardless of the change. But having a team you don't even monitor keep winning even though you're no longer actively participating is dumb.
    Yeeah, big no-no. LM intervention should never be done even on idlers. If the outcome of the match up was decided by that choice I'd be mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a reason NFL.com hasn't updated anything yet? Clicking on players' names is still bringing up the same thing it said last week. It's Tuesday night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is there a reason NFL.com hasn't updated anything yet? Clicking on players' names is still bringing up the same thing it said last week. It's Tuesday night.
    For me it talks about last week's games. I'm guessing there's not been any official injury reports, so that seems okay? I thought those usually go out after the Wednesday/thursday practice?

Though I'm guessing it might not have updated to the game results when you looked yesterday.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Panthers defense at home vs. Atlanta or Colts defense on the road at Houston? Atlanta has looked so bad without Jones/White.

10+ Year Old Account
    Colts seem to have a more consistently reliable defense, and Houston is using like it's fifth string QB. Keenum might throw a pick or two.

Not that he's not expected to play, but Jamal Charles didn't practice, and his knee is still experiencing issues. Because my team wasn't punished enough...

I'm not sure about against the spirit of the game.. It could be argued that facing an opponent who has one arm tied behind his back isn't sporting. People have lives and I understand that people are busy and sometimes forget to check or set line ups. I was taking the view point that it was fairer to the league as a whole that everyone had an equal opportunity to win.. with an active player at every starting spot, and leave it up the the Fantasy Football gods to decide. In my defence I wasnt discriminative and everyone would have had the same "Advantage?" I just thought it would be best in the spirit of competition rather than whomever was the lucky one to vs an afk owner that week basically had a free win.

But given the feedback expressed here on the forums I apologize for altering line-ups, and offer a personal apology to Mazshax, and will let it play out from here taking no futher action unless specifically requested. Ultimately it would be best if each person ensured that they were active and participating for the maxium enjoyment of everyone.

Ugh... what an ugly bag of bye week crap for so many teams this weekend. I hate the way my roster looks when Calvin is on a bye. I suppose that's the consequence of a first round receiver.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be bored because I'm looking at the bizarre projections from nfl.com, based on how many points against they project from defenses I am figuring out their predicted scores for games

Packers and Bears will tie 31-31 how exciting
    Houston will beat Indy 46-40, Case Keenum is clearly much better than Peyton
    Atlanta will beat Carolina 48-30, guess its a good thing they didn't trade Gonzalez
    Dallas will beat Minn 20-17 in a game that features zero turnovers, HA!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah when you were gone last week I posted a really good one. They predicted the Washington Defense to allow 10 points but they also predicted Peyton Manning to throw 3 TDs... Member they were playing each other...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yeah when you were gone last week I posted a really good one. They predicted the Washington Defense to allow 10 points but they also predicted Peyton Manning to throw 3 TDs... Member they were playing each other...
    I went and looked just now, pretty good stuff
    I do like their projection that the #2 scoring defense in the league (96 points allowed all season) will give up 48 points to a team with no receivers or running backs

So, in another league, I am in the middle of a trade. I get Dez Bryant for Garcon, Pierre Thomas, and Terrance Williams. However, there is a huge outcry of how unfair this trade is. The fantasy calculators heavily favor the other person in this trade. Now, the other team has been unlucky with his draft picks and is really hurting (David Wilson, Nicks, Torrey Smith, and even Mccoy has been lacking in recent weeks). He is just on the cusp of a playoff berth and is looking to make a move. However, the other teams don't like trading or pretty much demand everything for little. I personally like this trade because it helps get him through Byes and injuries and it gives me a WR1 (I had Julio Jones and am looking for that WR1 again).

Am I the only one who thinks this trade is fair? What do you guys think? He is the one who came to me for the trade and we talked it out and came to this agreement.

Edit:
    His team looks like this:
    QB : Cam Newton / Philip Rivers
    RB : Mccoy / Stacy / Wilson
    WR : Bryant / Nicks / Torrey Smith / Marvin Jones / Kenny Stills
    TE : Jordan Cameron / Julius Thomas / Greg Olsen
    Last edited by Celdiseth; 2013-10-31 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic. Got sniped again for a WR. If James Jones doesn't play, I don't have enough players this week. Complete and total bullshit. Time to get random receiver again...
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-10-31 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    So, in another league, I am in the middle of a trade. I get Dez Bryant for Garcon, Pierre Thomas, and Terrance Williams.
    I'm of the opinion that the league should never block any trade unless it is pretty obvious that one person is tanking and loading up someone else. So unless you can prove collusion, just let people manage their teams as they see fit. That being said, there is not a chance that I would take those three guys back for Dez. Garcon is solidly mediocre, only really worth something in a PPR. Thomas had one good game, otherwise plays in a timeshare on a pass first offense. Williams is touchdown or bust. He's been doing well lately, and scored in his last four games. He also only caught two balls in two of those games. Touchdowns come and go, he's just not a huge part of that offense. Dez is the number two receiver in the league. That's trading one guy who can win you a week on his own for three guys that will help you tread water. I'd rather try to live through byes with free agency then dump my best player for three guys that I might not even play.